my intro

A place for moms and moms-to-be with special needs children to find support.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

my intro

Postby Justme2 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:58 am

Hi !
I was a member of the sept 2008 board but feel i need to be here instead now.
I look forward to making some new supports

My norah was born sept 4 2008
At 21 days failure to thrive because her weight went down to 6 pounds being born at 8 .3 and she didn't gain enough was only gaining 8 grams a day. We spent 5 days in the hospital.
fast forward to 6 months- Norah was sick with a cold took her to the clinic was given anti biodics- worked for one day then wetn into RD and tachacardia.. wetn to local er and sent home because they said it was the monitor and not her body... next day buried my dad she was fine- sat- lethargic and crabby wetn dircetly out of town to childresn hospital where she ws born. o2 level was 80 % and heart rate was 206 she was on 02 and heart monitors for 5 days recoverd.
fast forward 2 months now norah 6 months old - got a cold again and breathing started to be hindered return back to childresn hosptial and was in ER for 38 hours on heart and 02 again. given puffers and recovered.
Oh forgot at 21 days diagnosed with pectus evacuatum- pigen chest where she has a big hole in her chest from the way she breaths.

now at 11 months she is showing clear signs and symptoms and behaviours of PDD .. have an appointment with paed dr in october.

thanks for listening.
Everything has an eternal purpose.
All my thoughts, all my actions,
all my reactions.
Only the things of heaven REALLY
Matter.
Justme2
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby mrsjoh » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:08 pm

Norah, my prayers are with you and your mummy. It is tough being in and out of the hospital and being sick :hugs:
Jasper born Nov 25, 2008-Feb 23, 2010 www.jaspersheart.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
mrsjoh
Star Member
Star Member

Postby stace1979 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:02 pm

My prayers are out to you too, that the docs can get get an accurate diagnosis and a treatment plan can be put into place. Do you live far from Children's? I'm really sorry I can't relate, but my SIL and a good friend have needed the assistance of Childrens...My SIL's LO was born with one kidney, and my friend's LO had a possible brain tumor.
Hugs and prayers to you
ImageImage
ImageImage
stace1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Special Needs Babies