Any information on kidney problems/malfunction?

A place for moms and moms-to-be with special needs children to find support.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Any information on kidney problems/malfunction?

Postby char76 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi,

I'm in the January DDC and I went for our 20 wk detailed scan and my amniotic fluid was very low (6-7cm) and they couldn't see the kidneys (they said that it was likely due to low fluid but they could also be absent or very small).

Has anyone encountered such a diagnosis or know of anyone with a similar experience? We have to wait until Tues for a Level II ultrasound and perinatologist appts. We're so terrified but also know nothing of any of the possible outcomes/prognoses ,etc. Any stories/insights would be so appreciated!

Many thanks
Aug 3/09- It's a boy!
char76
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Nikkijames » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:02 am

Hon, I am so sorry no one seems to know...why don't you try the High Risk board?
Melissa, DH, Hunter 12 Julianna 11, Harley 5, Dylan 4, and Piper 2.
Due 9/14/2015 with our last addition

Nikkijames
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momtosix » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:21 pm

Sorry you are going through this.They did not tell me anything at my 20 Week.At my 30 something they said they only saw one kidney.As it turns out my Son was born with one .His one is perfectly healthy no reflux and he can live a fine life with just one.Hope you get some answers soon.

Suri
momtosix
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Special Needs Babies