Moms of children with Autism *small update in OP

A place for moms and moms-to-be with special needs children to find support.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Cally » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:31 am

dixiechicken wrote:
Cally wrote:Dixiechicken- Thank you so much that was lovely. I think the thought of Ó having autism scares me alot but when it comes down to it I just want her to have a good life and be happy. I wouldnt change her personality for the world :) "hugs"

The unknown is a very scary thing. My DH often reminds me that Wade doesn't know he is different--at this point anyway. It's the adults that struggle so much with it.

Also, do you remember me commenting about your siggy picture quite awhile back? I think I said something about Orlaith looking like she knew something the rest of us didn't. Kinda like an old soul. Just the look in her eyes. She's beautiful! Keep us posted on your journey with the doctors! I don't know everything, but I do have experience in the field if you have any questions. Just PM me! :D

lol I do remember you saying that and I agree completely, I have often thought "She has been here before" :) I cant wait until she can talk and can tell me what she's thinking :)
Me-34
DS-Fionn 13
DD1-Saoirse 11
DD2- Órlaith 5

ImageImage
Cally
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dixiechicken » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:48 pm

Honestly, I think I would rule out other things/test other areas before going through with the sedation. Especially if you think her hearing is fine. If you don't find any other answers, then I would consider further hearing tests.
Jennifer(35) Curtis(34) Wade--5/22/07
"officially" diagnosed with CP 4/22/08
ImageImageImage
dixiechicken
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Cally » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Dixie- Thanks I think thats what I am going to do, I hate the thought of sedating her. I posted in toddlers yesterday about Ó saying her 1st word. My sister gave her a Minnie Mouse umbrella and wellies. She got really excited when she saw the umbrella and said "Mickey" really clearly. I couldnt believe it :D
Me-34
DS-Fionn 13
DD1-Saoirse 11
DD2- Órlaith 5

ImageImage
Cally
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dixiechicken » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:58 am

Cally wrote:Dixie- Thanks I think thats what I am going to do, I hate the thought of sedating her. I posted in toddlers yesterday about Ó saying her 1st word. My sister gave her a Minnie Mouse umbrella and wellies. She got really excited when she saw the umbrella and said "Mickey" really clearly. I couldnt believe it :D

:jump: :jump: YAY!!
Jennifer(35) Curtis(34) Wade--5/22/07
"officially" diagnosed with CP 4/22/08
ImageImageImage
dixiechicken
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Special Needs Babies