TWIN A: Higher NT Result Twin B: Bright Spot On Heart

A place for moms and moms-to-be with special needs children to find support.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

TWIN A: Higher NT Result Twin B: Bright Spot On Heart

Postby sherry2010 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:32 am

i can't win! twin a had a NT result of 2.9 at only 10 wks 6 days, and so i figured if they were to find ANYTHING on the fetal echo it would have been on twin a right? WRONG...twin B has the brigt spot on her heart and i'm nervous because i feel like they both have a strike against them.

trying to stay optomistic, but are there things that the CVS test i had, could not detect that could cause eigether of these findings, or am i clear because the cvs tests came back normal? im soo confused and perplexed by this.

any help appreciated. thanks, sherry
sherry2010
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby amandamarie » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:13 pm

My son had a really high NT measurment, the Drs were very concerned. However, he was born 100 percent normal. My daughter had a bright spot on her heart as well, and she too was born 100 percent normal. I wouldn't worry too much. Congrats on your twins!

amandamarie
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SaLT » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:27 pm

Hey Sherry!

I'm so sorry you're in the *tryin to stay optimistic* mode... Been there in pregnancy & going through it AGAIN! It's just awful... I can tell ya though that these are JUST markers, not diagnosis. But already being on high alert, ANY "sign" just rips your heart out. And you feel like you just can't handle any more, you're like enough is ENOUGH already! Right??

Was your CVS all clear for the major genetic disorders? Mine was this past pregnancy which was somewhat of a relief... but until I'm holding a healthy baby, I'm not happy. And my definition of a healthy baby is one that lives w/ or without medical support, I was just happy to have a baby. So he's born, but at 3 mos not hitting all milestones. We're in therapy now & we'll probably be having more extensive genetic testing b/c the amnio came back normal. Here I am... In *tryin to stay optimistic* mode. Chin up, girlie. My gut feeling is you'll have two very healthy twins. You deserve it, girlie. It's been a loooooong road. ;o)
Me, 29 & DH, 31
DD, 5 & 3
DD, :angel: June 5 '08
DS, June 5th '09
Image Image
SaLT
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mommaRNluvs7 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:29 am

Sorry Sherry! :hugs:

Hannah had the bright spot in her heart as well, and she is a very normal, VERY active 3 year old now.

The NT results should only be of concern if you have a series of exams that she it to be elevated. It is such a minute space and the measuring is very, very easy to be off just a tiny bit without perfect technique.

I know it is hard, but try not to worry about those precious little girls.
Mommy's baby boy is ONE!!!

My fav Christian parenting site is in my WWW!
mommaRNluvs7
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Earthmomma » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:01 pm

I don't know if im late or not but my son had a high NT scan at 12 weeks and a bright spot on his heart as well.

The bright spot went away by 24 weeks and the thickness was him having a chubby neck+the cord wrapped around.He also had shorter leg growth and shorter in general.

Try to stay positive, i was a nervous wreck and everything turned out great, i know there are more false positives with those tests then the Dr's care to disclose.
ME:23 :love: DH:26 Married 5 years
DS- 3 Years
DD-3 Months
Non CIO,Non-Vax,Homeopathic/Natural Healing,ERF,Gentle Disciplining Mama.
Earthmomma
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Special Needs Babies