absent corpus septum pellucidum

A place for moms and moms-to-be with special needs children to find support.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Laureenjellybean » Sat May 29, 2010 11:35 am

Thanks Liz. I actually remember you going through that with your baby. I'm glad everything turned out ok. I'm just hoping they see what they need to see when we go on Wednesday. Google and I have a mixed relationship. Half off the stories are saying that people are missing it and had no idea. they're of normal intelligence and they have no issues. The other half aren't so pretty. The normal onces make me feel a little better that should this possibly be the issue, there might be a chance that things will be ok.
I figured they were looking at the heart for other markers...that ALSo makes me think that he KNEW she couldn't set it early in the U/S. Ironically, I was talking to her about how it must be really difficult when things don't go well at ultrasound and she has to be the barer of bad news. I was also talking about how I was surprised when U/S missed certain things. (ie, I saw a baby that was missing part of a limb one time, which I THOUGHt would be obvious on U/S, but was not prenatally diagnosed. ) I should have just kept my mouth shut!!! I jinxed my u/s!
Me: Laureen (30)
DH: Kenny (30)
Ds:Carter (2) (born Feb. 23, 2009)
DD: Calliana (born Oct 3,2010)
:angel: Feb 08' Baby Angelo-left us to Triploidy
:angel: :angel:-Nov 09' twin blighted ovum
:angel: July 11' early m/c
Laureenjellybean
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Laureenjellybean » Mon May 31, 2010 7:20 pm

Thanks for your response. I haven't been able to find out much of anything on the condition (in case we dont' see it at the follow-up ultrasound.
Laureenjellybean
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jenne » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:40 pm

I am praying that everything turns out fine after your next ultrasound. I know this must be a very difficult time for you. ((Hugs))

I have worked for quite a few years with a little boy with ONH/SOD as a result of this condition and even had the privilege of joining families from all over the States with children who have this condition. You are right--there is a very wide range of affects resulting from it. But each child is amazing! If you do end up needing more information and support (which I sincerely hope you do not) please check out Focus Families http://www.focusfamilies.org/ . They are a wonderful group of families who have a lot of experience with ONH/SOD.

Also on a side note, most if not all of the children with ONH/SOD are first borns...so I truthfully would be a little surprised if your little one is diagnosed with it. Hope they just missed it!
Heaven's Baby-August 2009
Heaven's Baby-September 2009

Jenne
Angel
Angel

Postby Laureenjellybean » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:31 pm

Jenne-thanks for the info. I'm PRAYING I won't need it. That's interesting about it being common with first born children. I wonder why that is? I have to look up what ONH is. I know SOD-septo-optic dysplasia, but don't recognize the other one.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow will go well. Thanks a bunch!
Laureenjellybean
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lizc0002 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:31 am

Did everything turn out OK with your scan? Thinking of you, I remember how stressful this period was during my pregnancy with Anthony!

Liz
Lizc0002
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lizzen » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:45 pm

I recall reading that everything looked perfect! :)
The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

:hb: Mommy to my three boys!!! :hb:

ImageImage
lizzen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lizc0002 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:53 am

Oh good, thanks for updating me, I thought I sort of remembered that as well, but I don't check in all that often anymore, but I do try to support anyone going through this since i went through the whole ventriculomegaly thing with my 3rd son.

Liz
Lizc0002
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Special Needs Babies