Moms how do you deal with family that is less than caring?

A place for moms and moms-to-be with special needs children to find support.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Moms how do you deal with family that is less than carin

Postby ete29 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:11 pm

Justonemore; how's it going? How're your little ones doing?

I recently found out my sister is expecting, which is wonderful, and makes me consider trying for another. But it is overwhelming to take the chance that something could happen. Do you have that fear with your current pregnancy? How are you coping? I feel like its really hard to be optimistic after life deals a hard blow. It's no longer happening to some vague "other" person, and you see that anything can and does happen to anyone.

Hoping all is going well with you, sending hugs and prayers.
DS Dec'08
DD Jul'10 dx w/high risk neuroblastoma June '11-became an angel oct '12
Early M/C July '13
DD Jan'15
My Blog
ete29
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Just1more » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi ete, no actually I don't have any worries. There are many in my group that have other kids with it so there must be a genetic component in there. I look at it as if this baby also has it then my daughter will no longer be alone in this. She will have a special sister buddy. At least I know what I'm looking for. I think it's 100% normal to worry. It hasn't been that long momma. You have to give yourself more time maybe? I'm sure the chances are very low to have another child afflicted? You have endured the worst imaginable and that my heart just pours out to you. As hard as it is if you have always wanted another child don't let you stop you. Even though our emotional tolls we must still love, laugh and live for our other children and our DH's. It will never fill your void but you won't have the regrets years down the road either if that's what you desire. My emotions are much worse with these darn hormones. I feel like my days are marked with periods of saddess and tears and although I'm excited for this baby I feel like I can't really enjoy this baby almost like it isn't real. I feel very detached recently. So many things with Ella. Sometimes I'm not sure which part I'm sad or crying about. I guess it's like grieving for the now, the what if's, the unknowns. Now I have my MIL & SIL pretty much being jerks to me. My oldest saw my MIL making these faces as my SIL said something to me. As she describes she was not happy she was talking with me. These people are crazy. They are just selfish people. But that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt and I have days were I dwell on why they are like the way they are. I wish we never had to see them again.
Me: 32 DH:32
9w1d :hb: 163 12w :hb: 156 20w1d :hb: 145
It's GIRL Number 5!!
:babyg:16 :babyg:6 :angel: 9w5d :babyg:4 :babyg: 26months
Just1more
Angel
Angel

Postby MorePuppies » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:18 am

hello Just1moew I read your posts and just want to say my prayers go out to you and your family. Also prayer to your MIL and SIL they must lead sad lives to treat you like that.
Your daughters are beautiful as well as you are!
Me - 39
DH - 39
DS - 1
MorePuppies

Previous

Return to Special Needs Babies