totally bummed :-(

A place for moms and moms-to-be with special needs children to find support.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

totally bummed :-(

Postby mamalynn » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:45 am

i just found out yesterday that pj's infant teacher got a promotion which is great, but she won't being seeing pj anymore. :( i really am not ready to deal with a new person on the scene and i am afraid pj might not be ready either. i am not just saying that because of my own feelings about the situation, i am saying that because he is going through that phase of only wanting mommy for everything. he does well with the therapists he has/had because they have been with him for awhile, but a new face will be different.

other news...pj's OT is recommending PT to help him walk independently. she says he has weakness in his right leg that is being masked by his ability to crawl, stand and cruise around so quickly. i hope they make that decision soon. i am still waiting to hear on whether or not they will add another hour to one of his other services. his service coordinator talked about this in early february. :x

other than that, pj is doing great healthwise, no illnesses to report...knock on wood. he just had his last synagis shot of the season and we are looking forward to getting out more and maybe even beginning a gymboree class. :D
michelle 41, dh 44,
pj 5 diagnosed with down syndrome & av canal defect of the heart (repaired 2007)
PhotoEffects-635011925132850000 by milybr, on Flickr
Repeat losses & MTHFR
mamalynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stacey0513 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:21 pm

I was just popping in to check on everyone and I am SOOO sorry to hear about that. It is so hard sometimes, I work in a preschool and are dealing with the same issue since both 2 year old teachers will be gone by Friday. A lot of the kids are gonna have a BIG problem with it. I hope that the transition goes smoothly for you and PJ. Best of luck with all of his therapy.

stacey0513
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamalynn » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:04 pm

thanks and congrats to you on your pregnancy! i think it is hard at at any young age to go through change like that. hope your preschoolers adjust well also!
michelle 41, dh 44,
pj 5 diagnosed with down syndrome & av canal defect of the heart (repaired 2007)
PhotoEffects-635011925132850000 by milybr, on Flickr
Repeat losses & MTHFR
mamalynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Miracle » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:00 am

Oh Michelle I am so sorry!! I do hope the transition goes smoothly for both you and PJ!!! Sooo glad to hear/read PJ is doing well!! The gymboree class sounds like so much fun. I too can't wait to get out more with Kara!! She is 7 weeks old today so, one more week of house arrest!! LOL

Wishing you and PJ all the best!!!

Monica
"Proud parent to two amazing children"!!! (Homemade tickers by Monica)
Monica-42
Tobias DH-44
Garrett DS-7
DS Twin-MC at 10wks
Early MC 07/12/06
Early MC 09/13/06
Early MC 04/01/07
Kara Marie-2 (T-21)
Early MC 09/23/08
Miracle
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby ahenderson05 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:13 pm

Oh geez Michelle, I hope the transition goes well for PJ and YOU both!!! I am glad to hear that he is doing so well health wise though!!!
Amanda (33) DH (34) H(13) M(9) K(5) C (2) G (1)

ahenderson05
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Special Needs Babies