Autism the Musical!!! x-posted

A place for moms and moms-to-be with special needs children to find support.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Autism the Musical!!! x-posted

Postby mamalynn » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:48 pm

that is right, a musical about autism! this is so fantastic! be sure to watch!
:D
http://www.hbo.com/events/autism/

also, catch more great projects like this here...
http://www.themiracleproject.org/home.html
michelle 41, dh 44,
pj 5 diagnosed with down syndrome & av canal defect of the heart (repaired 2007)
PhotoEffects-635011925132850000 by milybr, on Flickr
Repeat losses & MTHFR
mamalynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dixiechicken » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:58 pm

What an amazing way to get information out! I'm a special ed teacher and have 4 kids with autism in my class of 8. It will be nice to hear about "real" families and their struggles. I think people see the statistics but can't really fathom what it's like to walk in these family's shoes!
Jennifer(35) Curtis(34) Wade--5/22/07
"officially" diagnosed with CP 4/22/08
ImageImageImage
dixiechicken
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Char » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:33 am

That is so awesome! Thanks for the post. I, too, am a special education teacher for children with autism. This is fantastic!
Char
Me: 38
DH: 38
DD#1: 10 1/2 years old (conceived naturally)
DD#2: Conceived via IUI and delivered via C-section on July 23, 2008

www.babymcnab.blogspot.com
Char
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stuckunderhere » Sun May 04, 2008 3:18 pm

Even though I dont have autism myself or a child with it, this touches very close to my heart. My favorite cousin has autism and some kind of mental retardation and he his the most amazing thing in my life when I need a lift me up type of thing. I dont know what I would do without him. He's 19 now and I think he's about the level of a 5yr old, but it amazes me how much he knows and loves everyone. Just the other day, he came over with his parents and brother to my parents cottage and he doesnt want to be outside with everyone, so I told him I would go plug in the Nintendo for him in the basement. Anyway, all of a sudden he bear hugs me and says: "I love you very much!"... I swear I almost broke down in tears. I'm such a sap lol

Anyway, all that to say that I really want to watch this now.

This was taken in January at a big family reunion we had. I was sort of in charge of babysitting him. I love this picture. It brings a smile to my face everytime I see it.
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Special Needs Babies