how to make a site to chronicle baby's life

A place for moms and moms-to-be with special needs children to find support.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

how to make a site to chronicle baby's life

Postby mrsjoh » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:52 am

I wanted to make a website for my unborn baby who was diagnosed with a congenital heart disease, this way family and friends can visit the board and learn about it and see how everything is going,
does anyone know how to get started?
TIA
Jasper born Nov 25, 2008-Feb 23, 2010 www.jaspersheart.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
mrsjoh
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Char » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:35 am

My sister in law has a son with special needs and using Caringbridge.com. She seems to like it. GL
Char
Me: 38
DH: 38
DD#1: 10 1/2 years old (conceived naturally)
DD#2: Conceived via IUI and delivered via C-section on July 23, 2008

www.babymcnab.blogspot.com
Char
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dixiechicken » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:58 am

You could also create a blog at www.blogspot.com. (Mines listed at the bottom of my page.) I figured it out, so it's really easy to do! :wink: I had been meaning to do it for awhile, because after Wade was born, I just dreaded telling the story over and over again. I finally got it started on his 1st birthday. Blogging really helps get a lot of emotions out. Someone else I know use caringbridge too.
Jennifer(35) Curtis(34) Wade--5/22/07
"officially" diagnosed with CP 4/22/08
ImageImageImage
dixiechicken
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rtgirl77 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:41 am

I don't know if it is available prenatally but I know its very popular among parents

www.carepages.com

These are usually sponsored by the children's hospital and are available to parents of medical kids to chronicle their progress.
Jennifer (32) DH (43) DD (10) DS (9) DD (1) and our latest edition born 7/16/09
ImageImage
rtgirl77
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby manynums » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:07 pm

our carepage has been one of the greatest blessings to come out of sasha's spina bifida. we were in the NICU for 24 days and by the time we left we had 130 registered users and at least 70 people checking in daily. it saved us having to spread the word (and then the info gets changed like a bad game of telephone) and let everyone who loves us support us.

i still update it about once a week, although some of our loyal fans would like us to update it every day. i have a newborn...that's not really an option. :wink:
Breastfeeding, babywearing, cloth diapering WOHM. Married to my HS sweetheart & best friend. Proud mama to my two chicklets.

Image Image
manynums
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PixieB » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:06 pm

I just made a regular journal for Talia through livejournal. I'd post updates when I could, and still irregularly post there (though I don't think people read it so much now). It was really good for letting people check up on where she was at, her weight gain and teh like, and saved me repeating it over and over and over again. Also meant people weren't calling so often (I found phone calls so draining because we'd be saying the same thing over and over) because they could check up online, leave a comment if they felt like it, and we could deal with them when we had the energy to rather than feeling obliged to share the same bit of new info over again. And saying it out verbally was always just so raw and exhausting, made it too real.
Talia Grace: born Friday 13th of July, 2007, at 27w4d gestation, 700g/1.5lbs. Nursed for 4 years
and Violet Joy: born Thursday 19th, VBAC waterbirth, 39w2d, 3.35kg/7lbs 6oz, still a booby monster, just shared it with her big sister for 18 months.
http://pics.livejournal.com/littlebutto ... y/0000scpq
PixieB
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Special Needs Babies