XP - Ultra Screen - NT Scan

A place for moms and moms-to-be with special needs children to find support.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

XP - Ultra Screen - NT Scan

Postby UncleBen » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:00 pm

Hi ladies,

I went in for my 12 week appointment at the doctor today when she asked me, in the middle of my t/v u/s, if I was getting the ultrascreen/NT scan done. I told her that it was scheduled for next week. She said I should try to move it up because she sees a significant amount of fluid there, but she can't diagnose anything because she doesn't have the "right equipment". Now, I am heading out of town (and therefore, I couldn't move it up because I won't be home until Sunday) and I am freaking out. Has anyone else had something like this happen?

TIA.
UncleBen

Postby UncleBen » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:11 pm

Thanks for the kind words, JT. She said that she's not sure what it is because she doesn't have the right equipment, but she only offered up one other option ---which was amniotic fluid. But it was right at the back of the baby's neck. She really wasn't comforting at all --- but she said that we just need to wait and see.
Thanks again for your kind words. I wish I could cancel this trip and just go get this done immediately...but it is for work and I'm leaving the country so I don't really have a choice but to wait until I return.
UncleBen

Postby mrsjoh » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:24 pm

a lot of babies have the excessive fluid at the back of the neck, nuchal fold, and are fine. It can also be a marker for a chromosome abnormality, or a heart abnormality. I will pray your baby will be healthy, GL. I ttc for a while and was stressed out enough from that, only to find preg even more stressful
Jasper born Nov 25, 2008-Feb 23, 2010 www.jaspersheart.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
mrsjoh
Star Member
Star Member

Postby **Diane** » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:48 pm

Ditto to both pp!

My little guy had a measurement of 3.2mm and we did end up doing an amnio. That came back normal (typical 46 chromosomes)

More then likely everything is fine :hugs: KUP!
Diane (32) :love: DH (36)
MY IVF MIRACLES
ImageJohn
ImageAlison

**Diane**
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby UncleBen » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:13 pm

Thank you all for your kinds words and support. I will definitely post more when I return.

Oddly enough, I am traveling with my husband on a business trip. We have talked like never before and there is this amazing closeness. At least I am feeling positive about something right now!

A great day to all...
UncleBen

Return to Special Needs Babies