mrsjoh

A place for moms and moms-to-be with special needs children to find support.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

mrsjoh

Postby mamalynn » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:25 pm

i noticed your blog has stories from other families about chd. i bet it has helped some in dealing with your little one's diagnosis. my son was born with CHD as well as down syndrome. i scoured the web for any story or photo i could find concerning CHD. i needed to hear and see these stories. i wanted to be prepared for what was to come. i have made a surgery montage and i posted here when pj was in recovery. i did make it selfishly as a reminder of what he had been through, but i wanted to share it with many here on tww who got me through my darkest of days. if you feel up to it, maybe take a look. i warn you, the images are hard to look at. if you have any questions for me, please do not hesitate to ask me either through here or pm. here is his montage (with music).

http://preg.twoweekwait.com/community/m ... ic&t=22404
michelle 41, dh 44,
pj 5 diagnosed with down syndrome & av canal defect of the heart (repaired 2007)
PhotoEffects-635011925132850000 by milybr, on Flickr
Repeat losses & MTHFR
mamalynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mrsjoh » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:27 am

Thanks for the link, you are doing such a great job. I have met many moms on my CHD sites too and I feel so lucky to be so prepared. We are actually meeting with Childrens today to discuss the babies heart, surgeries etc. I have learned so much about the heart and all the surgeries we are up against. I do feel blessed with the technology that 30 years ago wasn't there, that can now keep my baby alive.
Jasper born Nov 25, 2008-Feb 23, 2010 www.jaspersheart.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
mrsjoh
Star Member
Star Member

Postby mamalynn » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:48 am

i am glad you have met so many helpful moms. it is so important to be prepared. one of the chd sites, saving little hearts i think, sent pj a care package for his surgery. it was very nice and thoughtful. he also got one from some good friends here on tww. the support is there and it is wonderful! kup when you can and feel free to come here for support! :D
michelle 41, dh 44,
pj 5 diagnosed with down syndrome & av canal defect of the heart (repaired 2007)
PhotoEffects-635011925132850000 by milybr, on Flickr
Repeat losses & MTHFR
mamalynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Special Needs Babies