Any quad screen experts? X-post

A place for moms and moms-to-be with special needs children to find support.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Any quad screen experts? X-post

Postby lizzen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:41 pm

I posted in 2nd trimester that my OB office called today and told me that my test came back elevated for Downs. My numbers were 1:66. I asked the nurse, what about the risks for other disorders and she just said that only my risk for Downs is elevated. But wouldn't that increase my risk for all the chromosomal disorders (trisomy 18, etc.), not just Downs?

I'm just so scared right now even though I know that many of these things turn out to be nothing. Obviously I want a healthy baby with NO issues but Downs isn't the end of the world. I can deal with it just like I've dealt with my other kids issues. It's the thought of the baby having a fatal defect that's scaring me so much right now. Does anyone know anything about this?
The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

:hb: Mommy to my three boys!!! :hb:

ImageImage
lizzen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Special Needs Babies