should I be worried?

A place for moms and moms-to-be with special needs children to find support.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

should I be worried?

Postby maven » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:02 pm

hi all.

today we had a sonogram at 17wks to see the babies anatomy, it was amazing. We are still not finding out the genders of the babies so we had to close our eyes from time to time during the sonogram. We didn't get any pictures this time. We did get a VHS tape though.

the dr's appt didn't go as well as we had hoped. Everything looks wonderful with Baby B. And almost everything looks good with Baby A. A's placenta is still low & if it doesn't move up then I will have a c-section at 34-36 wks to keep me from going into labor & delivering the placenta first & it rupturing. Which could be deadly to that baby. But the other thing is that Baby A's brain isn't developing as well as Baby B's.. A's has a couple of black spots on the sonogram. The dr isn't worried about this at this time, she doesn't even want to do an amino right now.. but it still makes me worry. I go back in 4 wks to see if the brain has improved. I sure hope it will.

well that is about it
Deidre-35 & Bill-38, ttc #1 since 1/05 IVF #1-11/06 BFN FET-1/07 canc'd FET-3/07 BFP- triplets- m/c @ 11 wks FET-10/07 chem pg IVF #2-3/08- BFN FET-5/08- BFP Image Image Image ImageImage
maven
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jmlgirl » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:17 am

Maven, Did the give you a name for the black spots?
Me: Jo & DW: Angie
DD Sophie
DD Stella
DD Nora
DS Quinn

www.advocare.com/10053966
jmlgirl
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jmlgirl » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:33 pm

To update...

I went to my anatomy/measurement scan @ 17 weeks. The tech saw a spot on my baby's brain. It was called a Chroriod Plexus Cyst. They were certain it was isolated (meaning they saw no other "markers"). To be sure my dr sent me for a level II. In the meantime he told me not to worry because these are commonly seen and usually go away by 28 weeks. Of course I didn't listen and worried like crazy for a week. At 18 weeks I went for the level II. They couldn't even find the CPC... it has already disappeared and everything else looked good. So, if your dr isn't worried I'd try to not worry and stay away from the internet. Try to stay positive and I'm sending prayers your way.
Me: Jo & DW: Angie
DD Sophie
DD Stella
DD Nora
DS Quinn

www.advocare.com/10053966
jmlgirl
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maven » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:32 pm

jmlgirl wrote:To update...

I went to my anatomy/measurement scan @ 17 weeks. The tech saw a spot on my baby's brain. It was called a Chroriod Plexus Cyst. They were certain it was isolated (meaning they saw no other "markers"). To be sure my dr sent me for a level II. In the meantime he told me not to worry because these are commonly seen and usually go away by 28 weeks. Of course I didn't listen and worried like crazy for a week. At 18 weeks I went for the level II. They couldn't even find the CPC... it has already disappeared and everything else looked good. So, if your dr isn't worried I'd try to not worry and stay away from the internet. Try to stay positive and I'm sending prayers your way.

thank you for sharing your story. the dr did say what it was called, but I forgot out of pure shock... I am finding the support I am getting from my pregnancy boards very helpful. I am not googling anything- that internet can be a scarey thing 8O
Deidre-35 & Bill-38, ttc #1 since 1/05 IVF #1-11/06 BFN FET-1/07 canc'd FET-3/07 BFP- triplets- m/c @ 11 wks FET-10/07 chem pg IVF #2-3/08- BFN FET-5/08- BFP Image Image Image ImageImage
maven
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jilo77 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:59 am

My baby in the sig pic was diagnosed with 2 possibly 3 Choroid Plexus Cysts at his 18 week u/s. No other markers were found. I declined the amnio and put my faith in the man upstairs. 21 worry weeks later and he was born healthy as can be. CPC's are fairly common and almost always mean nothing when they are isolated (meaning no other anomalies are found) Good luck and please don't let this ruin the joy of your pregnancy as I let it ruin mine. :D
Jessica DH- Mike
DS- Christian Joseph Cho
DS- Ryan Michael
DS- Jason Andrew
DD- Madelyn Jean
jilo77
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ThinkingAbout2 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:11 am

Hi there,
Just wanted to add that my son has a cyst in his brain that is very minor and benign. They told us that these type of cysts are extremely common and have to effect on development. My son is autistic but it has NOTHING to do with the cyst. It could just be that, I'm hoping for the best for you and babies!
Sara - 30
Wife to Charles - 36
Mom to Zachary (March 8th, 2005)
Carlie 3-20-09
Image Image
ThinkingAbout2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Special Needs Babies