autism

A place for moms and moms-to-be with special needs children to find support.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

autism

Postby broniee34 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:33 am

those of you who have lo with autism how did you know?my lo doesnthave stranger axinety(sp) he happy all the time i dont know maybe im paraniod or something its some things he do like he loves to open doors and cabinets.can anyone give me signs of autism in a 10 month old
broniee34
Star Member
Star Member

Postby PixieB » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:32 pm

Autism isn't usually diagnosed until children are 2 or 3 years old because that's when children start really becoming social. Children with autism don't connect so much socially (depending on how strongly they've got it) so the signs are more obvious. A child this young is going to be really hard to diagnose with autism, as it's mostly shown in the child not being interested in interacting with people. Get advice if you're really worried, but for now it really does sound like regular baby behaviours. Think of it as your child's attention span and memory skills improving. They've puzzled out a new trick and want to be sure that it works every time. That's pretty serious cognitive development going on :D
Talia Grace: born Friday 13th of July, 2007, at 27w4d gestation, 700g/1.5lbs. Nursed for 4 years
and Violet Joy: born Thursday 19th, VBAC waterbirth, 39w2d, 3.35kg/7lbs 6oz, still a booby monster, just shared it with her big sister for 18 months.
http://pics.livejournal.com/littlebutto ... y/0000scpq
PixieB
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby broniee34 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:07 pm

thank you all i talk to his pedi and she said hes fine nothing to worry and enjoy my little one thanks for being there :D
broniee34
Star Member
Star Member

Postby irishsweetie2003 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:45 pm

it will take time to find out, but one thing that I have noticed... ( I have three nephews, 1 neice and a son that is Autistic) They usually have sensory issues such as rocking constantly, they didn't like to have their head to deep into water, they did repetitive behavoir that wasn't usual for a baby their age. There were a few signs. PM me anytime, but it sounds like you have just a nice, happy and healthy baby... Don't fret if their happy. It's when you can't do anything to make them happy that you need to worry...
irishsweetie2003
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Special Needs Babies