Complete Placenta Previa

Place to talk and find support for high risk pregnancy

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Complete Placenta Previa

Postby EndointheArctic » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Anyone out there with complete placenta previa make it to 37 weeks? My doc has told me that I have very little hope of it clearing and that i will need to be delievered at 37 via C section, I'm only 16 weeks now. I'm mostly scared that I won't make it that long and will end up with a very early premie or losing the baby before viability.

As of now I'm not on complete bed rest but not able to do much. No lifting pushing or pulling (thought just lifting myself seems worse than 10 lbs!) and no excersize besides the pool.

Can you all tell me some insprining stories?
Lindsey (27) married to Blue (29)
Got our miracle with IVF 1.5 in Vegas!
Beta 1 - 9dp5dt - 62
Beta 2 - 11dp5dt - 160
Our little breech boy is due May 17th
Scheduled C-section May 8th!

Waiting for our little Marek to arrive!

My blog - www.adventuresofendointhearctic.blogspot.com

EndointheArctic
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby ete29 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Wow! Congrats to you and your pregnancy! I donthave any experience with this, other than being premie myself because my mom had placenta previa. I was born at 29 weeks and had zero complications other than being very small. I will pray for you and your little one! Try not to worry too much! My daughter is currently being treated for cancer, and learning not to worry has been my greatest lesson. Don't worry about what hasn't happened yet, and try to enjoy the present moment because most of the time, everything is ok right now.
DS Dec'08
DD Jul'10 dx w/high risk neuroblastoma June '11-became an angel oct '12
Early M/C July '13
DD Jan'15
My Blog
ete29
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby EndointheArctic » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:59 pm

Ete29- I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter! I remember you from the endo boards on the TWW side. I just started following your blog, I'll be praying for your little daughter. It sounds like you were a little miracle yourself so I hope thats genetic!
Beta 1 - 9dp5dt - 62
Beta 2 - 11dp5dt - 160

EndointheArctic
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby ete29 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks Lindsey! I've been following your TTC journey, but mostly as a lurker. It always cheers me up to hear about miracles happening! Are you on bed rest for the duration? My daughter (and I) will be starting a double stem cell rescue starting on the 7th, which means sixty+ days in the hospital with varying degrees of isolation, depending on her counts. So that means I will have lots of time on my hands! I will be stalking you :wink:
DS Dec'08
DD Jul'10 dx w/high risk neuroblastoma June '11-became an angel oct '12
Early M/C July '13
DD Jan'15
My Blog
ete29
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby EndointheArctic » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:32 pm

I'll be praying like crazy for your daughter! Is the 60 day stay because of her ammunine system?

I'm still not on bed rest, just really restricted. Best case scenario, if I never have bleeding or any other complication, I'll be on these same restrictions until 37 weeks when they do a C-section.
Beta 1 - 9dp5dt - 62
Beta 2 - 11dp5dt - 160

EndointheArctic
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby rachelrhin0 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:18 pm

I had a complete previa with my last pregnancy. I found out at 13 weeks and it never moved. I started bleeding at 33 weeks and went on bedrest in the hospital that day. I remained in the hospital until 35w6d when my ds was born at 6lbs6oz. He was in the NICU for 2 weeks but his lungs were not developed and I had 3 steriod shots. Come to find out 9 months later he had a deformed airway which is likely what caused his breathing issues at birth. But even with a complete I still delivered a healthy little boy.
Rachel (30) Wife to Ryan (34)
Carly (11/15/07-3/9/08 ) Hannah (stillborn 32 weeks 11/7/08 ) Noah (35 weeks 6/30/10)
Due in Fall 2012 Facebook Group

Follow me on YouTube!
rachelrhin0
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BrandyJ. » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:06 pm

I had complete previa with my 3rd child. I had a major hemorrhage at 25+5 weeks. I remained in the hospital until 31+5 weeks. I had 3 more major hemorrhages, the last one he was born emergency c-section. I'm in the 1% of this sort of thing. You still have some time to correct. Listen to your doctor.... Do NOT do anything that you don't have to do. Good luck.
Me-38 DH-32 DD#1 (12), DD#2(3), DS (16 months/14 adjusted)
4 sweet angels
Formally known as "brandylovesal"
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker</span></div>
BrandyJ.
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Laureenjellybean » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:45 am

Man, I must have had incompetent Dr's or something!!! I had a complete previa that was noted at my 19 weeks U/S with my son. The ONLY restriction I had was pelvic rest. I worked 12 hour shifts three days a week, travelled by plane 3 hours away at 30 weeks pregnant, and did pretty much anything I wanted. I had my first minor bleed at 34 5/7 weeks pregnant. I was hospitalized overnight. I then had a pretty scary bleed a week later at 35 5/7 weeks. He was then delivered by c-section. Went home with me three days later. No complications (other than being small 5# 2oz). He had some trouble keeping warm, but that's what happens when you don't have much meat on your bones!!
I KNOW how scary it is to have a previa. I spent my whole pregnancy worried that I would die, baby would die or both of us would die. I was convinced I'd have a hysterectomy and pretty much made myself OK with the idea towards the end of pregnancy. It's scary, especially if you google.
Though you might not make it until 37 weeks (ideal), there is still a good chance that you and baby will be fine and healthy in the end. If you start having bleeds early on, your Dr. can give you steroid shots to help mature the baby's lungs a little earlier. Good luck and hopefully your previa will move up and out of the way for you!!!
Me: Laureen (30)
DH: Kenny (30)
Ds:Carter (2) (born Feb. 23, 2009)
DD: Calliana (born Oct 3,2010)
:angel: Feb 08' Baby Angelo-left us to Triploidy
:angel: :angel:-Nov 09' twin blighted ovum
:angel: July 11' early m/c
Laureenjellybean
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Charese » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:48 am

I had placenta previa with my last child and he was born at 32 weeks premature because I had placenta abruption. My son had his cord wrapped around his neck twice with 2 tight knots in his cord... but was on a breathing machine for 2 hours and was in NICU for 8wks to gain weight and learn to eat... but otherwise, he came out fine!

It is scary when you hear these sort of stories, but the main thing to remember is do exactly as your docs say... The saying is that if you have had previa before you'll have again. My placenta currently is low-lying, but is not previa... no where near my cervix. Plus I've been getting progesterone shots to prevent abruption and will continue to get shots until I'm 36wks. I'll be hitting 32 weeks in about a week -week and a half... and will be praying hard to get passed 32 weeks and more like closer to 35 weeks! I will be comfortable then...

Keep your head up! Things should be fine.
Charese (36) Hubby (34) DD (10 1/2) DS (2 1/2)

Angel Babies: 2/14/11, 6/17/11

Our 3rd:

132 :hb: 8w 3d
175 :hb: 11w 3d
154 :hb: 19w 6days
150 :hb: 25w 2days

ImageImage
Charese
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dialysiswife » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:49 am

Wow! Some scary stories! :? On a lighter side...make sure you do the bedrest!!! I had a minor bleed at 6 months and was put on immediate complete bedrest after my US showed placenta previa. By month 9 it had finally moved up just far enough and I was able to try a normal birth...although the complication of the cord being around her neck arose & I ended up having a c-sec anyway.
Chelle~32 DH~33 DS~13 DD~8

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

dialysiswife
Star Member
Star Member

Postby stuckunderhere » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:15 am

I was just diagnosed with complete previa. I am a wreck! I dont like it one bit. I'm scared. Everything I read talks about preemies and hemmoraging... NOOO!
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby erica_h07 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:41 am

This is an old thread but I'll add my previa story here -

I was diagnosed with complete previa at 20 weeks. Put on pelvic rest, but no bed rest & was told I would have a c-section at 37 weeks if it didn't move.

At 36w 5d I lost my mucus plug and a few hours later suffered a major bleed (my ONLY bleed) and had a coworker take me to the hospital & had DS via emergency c-section. Thankfully my dr gave me steroid shots at around 34 weeks and DS ended up with only 4 hours of NICU time right after he was born.

I've heard plenty of stories where it moved up...just wasn't the case for me.
Erica: 28 | DH: 28 | DD: 4 | DS: 2

Natural m/c at 8w - 12/2012

erica_h07
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to High Risk Pregnancy