SCH???

Place to talk and find support for high risk pregnancy

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

SCH???

Postby kate333777 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:04 am

Ive just been diagnosed with an SCH, subchorionic hematoma, anyone have experience with this? If so how was it for you, what did you experience with it?
kate333777
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PregowbabyKidder » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:31 pm

I had one when I was about 8 weeks along it was a very small bleed only lasted for a few hours wasnt even heavy was just spotting. I went to the Er they checked out the baby and she was ok. It was a clot around my cervix and the placenta. I had a smaller bleed around 12 weeks I believe. I am high risk anyways so I had reg ultrasounds it was resolved by week 15. I am from due in Sept and belive i am the only one that had a SCh.

Hope all goes well for you.
PregowbabyKidder
Star Member
Star Member

Postby kate333777 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:36 pm

Thank you for the reply! :D Glad everything turned out well for you hope it does for me too!
kate333777
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby meggola » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:39 am

I know your post is a little old, but I was just diagnosed with one at yesterday's u/s. I've been having brown spotting for a couple of weeks now. I'm 8 weeks today. My RE didn't seem too concerned about it...but it still makes me nervous. I've read that they usually resolve themselves, especially if they aren't too big. How are you doing?
Me (Meg)-36, DH-33
TTC #1 since Nov. 09
:angel: 8/2010 @ 6w 1d (ectopic- natural BFP)
:angel: 3/2012 (chemical - IVF)

Our IVF/FET miracles born March 24, 2013 at 37w3d!

meggola
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PregowbabyKidder » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Your welcome Kate I hope yours resolves itself like mine did. Hope all is well with you and baby. I have about 10 days left hope yours goes quickly like mine has.

Hope yours does as well meg. I was told the same by my drs I
Had one bleed for about 4 hours of spotting. And few weeks later some brown discharge. My sch was gone by time I knew the gender of the baby so maybe about a mth not any longer than 2 mths and it was gone.

Good luck to you both.
PregowbabyKidder
Star Member
Star Member

Postby samleec » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:00 pm

How did your doctor's diagnose this? I've been having brown spotting for a few days, and had a couple bright red spots of blood today.

I went to the doctor and she is suspecting a possible miscarriage and not suggesting an SCH right now, but now I'm wondering if that's also a possibility.

Any info you can tell me would be great! :)
samleec
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: SCH???

Postby MrsJkidder » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:40 pm

I changed my screen name but my dr dianosed it by doing a vaginal ultrasound. I hope all went well sorry so late in replying.
MrsJkidder
Friend

Postby dukebluebell » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:11 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I just bled last night and today on u/s saw large SCH with clot. Baby is up high in uterus, blood down below. I'm 7w3d. Would love to know how y'all ended up...it looks like all had babies and no adverse events? This is so scary.
Me - Sara - 32
DH - 38
Married 2 years, TTC # 1 since March 2012

It's a BOY! :future baby boy:
dukebluebell

Postby Skippers86 » Sat May 17, 2014 5:31 am

I'm also going through this and scared. It started a week ago and the bleeding
Seemed to taper off, but came back stronger than ever 2 days ago and it ranges from red to brown blood. My doctor told me not to be concerned unless I soak a pad in less than an hour and have severe cramping. I don't have cramping but the bleeding is terrible. I've thought I was miscarrying 3 times now. I just wish I had reassurance that baby is ok in there.
TTC since April 2013, 2 miscarriages, expecting #1 January 4, 2015!!
It's a BOY!

Skippers86
Star Member
Star Member

Postby 1sttimemommy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:48 pm

I just found out today that I have this, its small and follow up with my dr tomorrow. Wondering which questions I should ask him. Im having twins too.
Mommy - Nicole, 28, Daddy - Codie, 21
:bfp: 10/23/2014
1st U/S - 11/12/2014 - :baby: :baby:
BABY A :hb: 134
BABY B :hb: 137
01/28/15
Baby A :hb: 145 :babyg: Savannah Leigh
Baby B :hb: 158 :babyb: Alexander Kain

1sttimemommy
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby OCT.4me » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:22 pm

Why doesn't anyone update, nothing worse then reading I'm so scared, might be losing baby.... And then nothing to say it worked out??? Update!!!! Else why bother posting at all. Vent over.

My bleed was detected at six weeks and I got a warning from dr. That mc was possible and I needed to be on pelvic rest, and rest as much as possible. Nothing strenuous at least. I was on bed rest for one week and the bleed had grown to two cm instead of one. I looked up remedies online to reduce bleeding and tried a few ideas out there but nothing excessive because dr didn't ok it.

By my ninth week the bleed was gone and I was in the clear. I still didn't do a whole lot with extreme nausea and pain from digestive issues. An ultrasound done at my tenth week discovered a small bleed was present. So my next appointment is in two weeks and I wait to hear if it's grown.

I will update:-)
Due Sept. 7th, 2015 carrying this miracle to term!!!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

TWO MORE ANGELS in HEAVEN as well
OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby OCT.4me » Fri May 01, 2015 4:00 pm

Final update: 20 weeks no sign of bleed but potential globular placenta will have this confirmed at 26 weeks and low lying placenta.

But baby is healthy and growing:-) for those dealing with this scare, hang in there and don't give up!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby OCT.4me » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:29 am

26 weeks globular placenta confirmed. Baby is growing and overall appears healthy but the placenta will require more monitoring and follow up appointments.

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby ElizaMoondance » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:17 am

I know this is super old, but would like to share my experience for those who come across this post. I started bleeding pretty heavily one day and for sure thought I was having a miscarriage. However, after a vaginal US it was discovered that I had a small SCH. I was about 8 weeks at the time. I bled for about a week, and it was quite heavy with clots but it tapered off. I didn't have any other bleeding throughout my pregnancy. The bleeding came on quite unexpectedly. I may have had some mild cramping the night before. But, it wasn't anything like what I experienced while having a miscarriage.
ElizaMoondance

Return to High Risk Pregnancy