Crazy Bleed

Place to talk and find support for high risk pregnancy

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Crazy Bleed

Postby dreammommy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:17 pm

I am quite frustrated now...every one here and on other websites talks about Small bleeds, Small spotting, Small brown discharge etc. etc........ I had a BIG surper big bleed twice in the past 4 days. I am 9 week pregnant and my clothes, my carpet and my bathroom all got dirty. I went to my Ob. and the U/S showed ...well nothing. No subchroinic Hematoma not previa nothing...just a few patches of blood in the uterus. I came home and had anothe super heavy bleed....Baby is fine. Where is this blood coming from. They say the placenta is close to the cervux hence this happens....But all just talk about "small" "small" bleeds due to all these reasons.....Mine is bIG huge bleed.
I am on bed rest, self inflicted bed rest scared and fearfull...can anyone tell me if this ever happend to them.
I had taken 500mg of progestrone one day when I had a small bleed after that I got this big bleed.
Can progestrone cause one to bleed like this???
please help I am up to here with it.
thanks in adavnce
dreammomy
Myself - 31
DH - 33
TTC for 2 yrs
BFP on #1 IVF
dreammommy
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Crazy Bleed

Postby Ariadne » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:10 pm

I had a small bleed at 5 weeks and a much larger one at 6 weeks with spotting every day since. Little one is still developing just fine and I hit 10 weeks tomorrow. One thing to keep in mind is that SCHs can be hard to spot on ultrasound when they have just bled out, because the blood being pooled is what they need to be able to see it. You might actually be more likely to find it when it's been a few days or a week since you've bled. So I wouldn't rule out that it could be an SCH, and they can cause VERY BIG bleeds.

I don't think the progesterone would contribute to large bleeds. It can sometimes cause some spotting, but not bleeding like this. It's actually sometimes used to treat SCH and bleeding with unknown sources (though it's efficacy for that is unknown).

Edit to add: I do have an SCH. On my last scan it was stable but still quite a bit larger than the gestational sac. I've been on bed rest for nearly a month now and it does seem to be helping.
:angel: June 2012
BFP August 15th, 2012 (8dpo!) | EDD April 30, 2013 We're having a GIRL! :babyg:
Ariadne
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Alexian28 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:59 pm

I had three major heavy watery bleeds; one at 6 weeks, another at 9 or so and another at 11, with pretty constant light bleeding from 4 weeks to 14 weeks. No reason was ever found for the bleeds even though my ob sent me to the high-risk MFM doctor for my 12 and 18 week scans. I did have low progesterone at my first blood workup, since I went in with a positive pregnancy test but light bleeding. I never supplemented with progesterone though.
Daniel Owen born @ 37.5 weeks 12/11/15
7lb 8oz 21"

Me: Courtney, 34
DH: 35
DD: 3, with special needs
Alexian28
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Saraq » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:04 am

I had heavy bleeding after sex at 8 weeks. I went to the ER they looked and said everything was normal. I already had an ultrasound scheduled for the following week so when I went to that at my OB office, they told me I have a complete placenta previa. I bled for a few hours and passed a few clots which was really scary but baby is fine. I'm on pelvic rest for now and told to take it easy (no lifting, exercising..etc..) It kind of freaked me out cause everything I have read about Placenta Previa people usually don't bleed until the 2nd or 3rd trimester. I guess it can happen at anytime though. Just take it easy and don't do too much and hopefully it will resolve itself!
Kylie Marie born 5/20/11 at 37 weeks 7lb 2oz
Carter Blaid born 4/6/13 at 34 weeks 5lb 12oz

Baby number 3 due December 12, 2015!!!
Saraq
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Ariadne » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:51 am

I've now had another big bleed, at 11w2d. This one caused, not by my SCH, but by marginal placenta previa. One thing I found when I was looking up more information is that the lower portion of the uterus is more vascular and thinner than the upper portion and this makes it more likely that a blood vessel or two will pop and cause bleeding while your uterus gets larger or when you strain. Which is why you can get a lot of bleeding even from marginal previa.
:angel: June 2012
BFP August 15th, 2012 (8dpo!) | EDD April 30, 2013 We're having a GIRL! :babyg:
Ariadne
Star Member
Star Member

Return to High Risk Pregnancy