Factor V??

Place to talk and find support for high risk pregnancy

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Factor V??

Postby Sissy1985 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:50 am

Hi there -

Does anyone have Factor V Leiden, and if so has that made for any complications with getting pregnant or your pregnancy? I have it and it freaks me out a little bit since I've already had clots, and one ended up in my lungs. We are ttc since October and I was told by my ob that as soon as I get a BFP I have to go in right away and be put back on thinners.

So wondering if anyone is going through this right now and if you have any advice....

Thanks!
Sissy1985

Re: Factor V??

Postby Rochelle80 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:57 pm

I have Factor V as well. I have had 6 miscarriages and now after our last miscarriage we have been trying for four years. We just started fertility injections December 18th 2013. And took the hCG trigger shot to ovulate Xmas Eve. We are in our tww after 3 eggs dropping. They told me the Factor V will mess with chances of conceiving and carrying to full term. I will have to be on BT as well ASAP after a positive HPT and blood test to confirm. I have heard that the blood thinners help many woman carry a healthy baby full term. But we are considered very high risk cause of the blood thinners. Good luck! I pray things work for you!
Rochelle80

Postby Mamahen » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:35 am

How did you find out you have Factor V? I'm curious, because it runs in my family. My first pregnancy was totally fine, no issues. Would I have been tested for that routinely? Or would I have had to ask for it?

My cousin had a severe problem from it in her second pregnancy but not in her first. So now I'm a little worried. I'm only at 4 weeks right now.

Martha
Me: 36 DH: 31 DD: 5
Trying since Aug 2013
Polyp removed April 2014
BFP June 2014!
11Week HB 144bpm
IT'S A GIRL! Materniti21 Results all good

Mamahen
Star Member
Star Member

Postby qe76 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:02 am

I have factor V - It also runs in my fam- I could never get a doctor to test me even after having clots of my own! When I first had a clot I didnt go to the ER right away- by the time I did they couldn't find the clot but my blood tested positive for one and they just sent me home.. When I got pregnant ( after 20 year not being able to- I have a 19 year old son Im 38 now have hypo thyroid PCOS to name a few) I still couldnt get anyone to test me till I was sent to a high risk hospital for my 20 week scan- they put me on blood thinners-
qe76
Friend

Postby icyeyez121 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:23 pm

I have factor V and have had 7 successful pregnancies and one loss. I learned I had it when i was tested after getting a clot in my left lung after my 4th child. Pregnancy is automatically high risk for you. They sent me to a high risk clinic this time because i did get a clot in my leg at the beginning of this pregnancy. Im having my tubes tied this time because im not allowed to use hormonal birth control. I have to take injections of lovenox every 12 hours. My mother and my grandmother had FVL and as far as i know had no issues getting or staying pregnant. I had one miscarriage at 10 weeks. Good luck mama. I'm sure everything will work out for the best.
Jennifer (30) mama Bo (45) dada
David (13)
Anthony (11)
Jayden (9)
Christian (8)
Kaleb (6)
Tyler (5)
Aaliyah (2)
icyeyez121
Angel
Angel

Postby Jessicanscott » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:31 pm

I have factor V. I was tested because my sister was on birth control and had extremely bad headaches. She finally went to the doctor and they tested her for factor v and she had it. She told me to get tested because it's genetic so I was and I have it too. I just recently got pregnant for the first time and had a miscarriage as just over 5 weeks. The doctor does not know if this was related to factor v but I didn't get in fast enough to receive the heparin shots to know if those would have helped. I'm hoping that I can conceive aGain quickly and it wknt result in another miscarriage.
Me: Jessica (26)
DH: Mitchell (25)
Proudest mama ever of my precious boy, Simon Emmanuel 12/15/15- 6lb 13 oz, 20in.
Jessicanscott
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to High Risk Pregnancy