Misdiagnosed Miscarriage

Place to talk and find support for high risk pregnancy

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Misdiagnosed Miscarriage

Postby hongkongwong » Fri May 09, 2014 10:00 am

The past few weeks have been such a roller coaster...I'm wondering if anybody has been through anything similar.

This is my first pregnancy. We conceived after many years of trying through IUI with clomid and bravelle injections. According to my LMP, I should be 10 weeks today. As I'm deemed high risk due to age and infertility, I had my first ultrasound at 6w4d. I was only measuring 5w5d, they found a fetal pole, but no heartbeat. My hcg was 18000. They told me to prepare for miscarriage.

9 days later, when I should have been 7w6d, I was measuring 6w1d, still no heartbeat, and this time they couldn't see the fetal pole. My hcg had risen to 45000. They told me I had miscarried, but my body had not recognized it yet.

4 days later, when I should have been 8w4d, I was measuring 6w3d, still no heartbeat, but they found a fetal pole. My hcg had risen to 65000. At this appointment they told me it was a missed abortion and that I really needed to have a D&C as soon as possible. I told them I needed some more time to process this all, and I scheduled the procedure for 9 days later.

I requested one last ultrasound before the procedure. Low and behold, there was a heartbeat! I'm still measuring 6w3d, and the heartbeat was 92, when they wanted to see 110. But it was a heartbeat! The dr. told me she's never seen this happen before and really could not provide me any explanation.

Does anybody have any experience with this?
hongkongwong

Re: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage

Postby KayBaby » Wed May 21, 2014 2:31 pm

Oh wow!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!! Any updates?
KayBaby
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage

Postby Ladycatz » Wed May 21, 2014 9:42 pm

Yes updates please!
Ana (me) - 37
DH - 42
DD - 2

Angel - chemical October 14
Angel - chemical August 14
Angel - chemical 7/3/14