MTHFR

Place to talk and find support for high risk pregnancy

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

MTHFR

Postby essiejames23 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:36 pm

Just diagnosed with MTHFR (2 copies) and really worried! Still TTC, but also have prothrombin mutation and lupus anticoag. They are classifying me as high risk and I see MFM this month along w/ hematologist. I am on warfarin for like after PE in 2013, but worry about lovenox failure due to all these factors adding up! Also now don't really know much about MTHFR. Can i reduce birth defect risk? Can it be treated? What can I do to help? Does it make it harder to conceive?
essiejames23
Friend

Re: MTHFR

Postby s4mm13 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:12 pm

Essie,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having multiple medical issues.

I'm afraid I don't have any advice but didn't want to read and leave you without a reply.

I know there are several ladies around with MTHFR and hopefully they can give you some advice.

Unfortunately this board is usually very quieto it could tke a little while.

I think you should talk directly with your doctors about your questions and concerns.

Best of luck lovely.

Sam xx
Me 29
DH 30
Oscar forever 5 months
Our beautiful son Oscar, born 24/2/14 at 32 weeks with Tetralogy of Fallot, oesophageal atresia and tracheo oesophageal fistula. Earned his wings aged 5 months and 1 day.

Oscar is going to be a big brother. BFP #2 29/11/14

Arlo William, our beautiful rainbow born safely 22nd July 2015

s4mm13

Return to High Risk Pregnancy