Slow Fetal Heart Rate in Early Pregnancy

Place to talk and find support for high risk pregnancy

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Slow Fetal Heart Rate in Early Pregnancy

Postby chorse37 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:56 pm

I know there's nothing I can do but wait, but I would love to hear outcomes of other ladies that were in this situation.

I had my first ultrasound yesterday at 6w5d and they found the fetal heart rate to be 94 bpm. At that time it is supposed to be >120, so that's not good. They scheduled me for a followup ultrasound next Wednesday and hopefully the heart rate will be up to normal.

There are lots of journal articles about fetal heart rate and miscarriage risk, and they all agree that the chance of MC is much higher if the heart rate is less than 110, and almost certain if it is less than 80. That puts me in the high risk but there's still a chance of things working out group. If the heart rate is up to >120 bpm at my next appointment, the MC risk is down to 20ish%, but if it is not up to normal, MC is pretty much inevitable.

Does anyone on the boards have a happy ending story after low fetal heart rate diagnosis? I could really use some hope to get me through the next few days until my followup. :(
Me/DH: 28; together since 2006
TTC #1
BFP 7/29/15 Due 4/09/16 :angel: missed MC 9/1/15
BFP 10/28/15 Due 7/10/16 IDENTICAL TWINS! :angel: :angel: missed MC 12/13/15

BFP 03/05/16 Due 11/13/16

chorse37
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to High Risk Pregnancy