My friend.... warning *sad*

Please share your prayer requests here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

My friend.... warning *sad*

Postby hopefullymommy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:59 pm

An update and new prayer request for my friend.....

She had her perinatologist appt. today, and they told her the baby will not make it. There are cysts in it's kidneys, and they do not function at all (which is the cause of the low fluid). The lungs cannot develop with no fluid. Because the baby is so squished, there is not room for it to grow and develop, and that will cause problems with the joints and back. They also think there may be an abnormality with the heart, and a possibility of downs syndrome. :cry: They wanted to induce her, but she does not want to take that route. She wants to continue the pregnancy and let the baby come on it's own when it is ready. She goes back next month for another ultrasound and an echocardiogram on the baby's heart. She says she is doing ok, heartbroken, but they were prepared to hear this news. So now, along with preparing for a birth, they need to prepare for a death as well :cry: My heart is just broken for them. They already decided to have professional pics taken of the baby once s/he arrives, and made some other decisions as far as that goes. Right now they are still just absorbing the news, and taking one day at a time. Prayers for them are more than appreciated at this point. Especially for peace and a safe pregnancy for my friend.
Ally :hb: David

Me:24
DB: 23

1/06- chemical
6/18/07- ^iDilleni^
9/07- chemical

Taking:
-super b complex
-prenatal vitamin
-orth tricyclen lo
PCOS with insulin resistance. Spent 3 years TTC, currently on BCP
hopefullymommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby itsamiracle » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:49 pm

Praying God is with your friend and her family during this difficult time.
itsamiracle
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby bluebell34 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:40 am

thats soo sad :cry: I really feel for your friend and her family. She made a very brave desision to continue with her pregnancy. They are in my thoughts and prayers.
Me-Jackie 37
DD-Megan 17
DD-Naomi 13
DD-Chloe 12
DS-Caoilainn 5

bluebell34
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Laureenjellybean » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:15 pm

Hugs for your friend. Hopefully she will be able to find peace in this situation.

I know that you're looking for prayers, but I wanted to let you know about an organization called "Now I lay me Down to Sleep." It is a bunch of photographers that will come to a hospital and take pics of terminal infants. They don't charge the parents and it allows the parents to have a wonderful memory of their child. I'm not sure if they are everywhere, but it's worth looking up.
so sorry for your friend :(
Me: Laureen (30)
DH: Kenny (30)
Ds:Carter (2) (born Feb. 23, 2009)
DD: Calliana (born Oct 3,2010)
:angel: Feb 08' Baby Angelo-left us to Triploidy
:angel: :angel:-Nov 09' twin blighted ovum
:angel: July 11' early m/c
Laureenjellybean
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hopefullymommy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:21 pm

Laureenjellybean wrote:Hugs for your friend. Hopefully she will be able to find peace in this situation.

I know that you're looking for prayers, but I wanted to let you know about an organization called "Now I lay me Down to Sleep." It is a bunch of photographers that will come to a hospital and take pics of terminal infants. They don't charge the parents and it allows the parents to have a wonderful memory of their child. I'm not sure if they are everywhere, but it's worth looking up.
so sorry for your friend :(

Thank you. She has a meeting set up with NILMDTS. I told her about them a while back. Thanks for thinking of it :)
Ally :hb: David

Me:24
DB: 23

1/06- chemical
6/18/07- ^iDilleni^
9/07- chemical

Taking:
-super b complex
-prenatal vitamin
-orth tricyclen lo
PCOS with insulin resistance. Spent 3 years TTC, currently on BCP
hopefullymommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

my friend..warning

Postby momoftwins » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:31 pm

I'm so sorry your friend got such terrible news. My heart is breaking for he and her family. Losing a child is the worst thing that any parent could face. I know what a hard decision she has made to continue to carry the baby. I had PPROM with both of first set of twins. The peri told me that they would not live and that I should induce at 17 weeks when the membrane's ruptured on the second baby. I chose to continue the pregnancy b/c I couldn't be the one to end my babies' lives. My babies lived a day, but in that time DH and I got to see them, hold them, and say doogbye knowing that it was God that was taking them and not a decision that we had to live the rest of our lives with. It has been several years since I lost my babies and I'm still glad that I didn't terminate the pregnancy and got that time with my babies and had the chance to say goodbye.

I will pray for your friend and her precious baby. I know it looks bad, but miracle do happen and I hope she gets one. Please continue to be there for her. Remember it doesn't matter what a friend says in a time of grief only that they say something.
momoftwins
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby orionslight » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:15 am

so sorry to hear the sad news :( will keep her in my prayers,and pray for a miracle.
Baby Ireland born 4-18-14 healthy and happy :)

Joining her 11 brothers and sisters
Loss July 2015@ 11+3, girl
Loss June 2016@ 13+5,boy
orionslight
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BabyToBeNumber2 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:12 pm

Oh I'm so sorry about your friend's baby. Please know she is in my prayers. Also there is a wonderful organization called Mary Madeline Project (Marymadelineproject.org) that takes donated wedding gowns and makes them into tiny outfits for a baby that will not live or is stillborn. They are beautiful, precious gowns (for girl or boy). We buried our stillborn daughter in one. Please give her the link to my blog (in my siggy) if she would like to read my story. I know that I was pouring over the internet to read what other mothers went through when their baby was given a fatal diagnosis.
Me (Angela): 30 DH: 31 DD: 4 years old!!
DS: Born April 5, 2011
4 pregnancy losses 2008-2009
www.marygraceholmes.blogspot.com
BabyToBeNumber2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dixiechicken » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:13 pm

BabyToBeNumber2 wrote:Oh I'm so sorry about your friend's baby. Please know she is in my prayers. Also there is a wonderful organization called Mary Madeline Project (Marymadelineproject.org) that takes donated wedding gowns and makes them into tiny outfits for a baby that will not live or is stillborn. They are beautiful, precious gowns (for girl or boy). We buried our stillborn daughter in one. Please give her the link to my blog (in my siggy) if she would like to read my story. I know that I was pouring over the internet to read what other mothers went through when their baby was given a fatal diagnosis.

Thank you for sharing this link. My wedding gown is in my spare closet, and I've been meaning to put it on Craigslist for almost 4 years now! I just couldn't part with it though! I guess I was holding out for something like this! I will be contacting them tomorrow! :D

And Hopefullymommy, I'm so sorry about your friend.
Jennifer(35) Curtis(34) Wade--5/22/07
"officially" diagnosed with CP 4/22/08
ImageImageImage
dixiechicken
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Prayer Requests