PLease pray for my little man Jacob Noah

Please share your prayer requests here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

PLease pray for my little man Jacob Noah

Postby daisyflower » Fri May 29, 2009 7:58 am

I was placed on bed rest at 29 weeks in the hospital due to IUGR. I was recieving u/s everyday and placed on the monitor 3 x a day. I had absent bloodflow to the umbilical cord of the baby which means he was small. At 32 weeks the Doctors saw reversed blood flow, so they made the decision to do a c-section. I had my precious baby at 6:16 pm on May 21st, he weighed 2 lbs 12 oz . He is currently in the NICU. He has no problems at all except for his little tummy. He is on a suction tube. I am going through a really hard time seeing my little guy like that. I miss being pregnant with him when im home cause hes not with me. Its hard on dh also but worse for me. Im trying to pump my milk so he will have it but its been 8 days and only a few drops at a session. I would like to ask everyone to please say a prayer for him that his little tummy will get better so he can feed and that my milk will come in for him. this is our first baby and took us 4 years to concieve him.

god bless you all

Stacie
daisyflower

Postby orionslight » Fri May 29, 2009 4:13 pm

i will keep your little guy and your family in my thoughts and prayers. i hope all goes well :)
Baby Ireland born 4-18-14 healthy and happy :)

Joining her 11 brothers and sisters
Loss July 2015@ 11+3, girl
Loss June 2016@ 13+5,boy
orionslight
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby itsamiracle » Fri May 29, 2009 5:42 pm

prayer sent.
itsamiracle
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby roxy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:12 am

You and your son and husband are in my thoughts and prayers.
roxy
Star Member
Star Member

Postby LemonJelly » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:37 pm

My thoughts are with you all. x x
Image Image

Image Image

Gill 30, Working Mum to Charlie, born 6 October 2008 8lb 9oz. I nursed my sweet boy for 2 years, 8 months and 5 days :hb: TTC with PCOS, BFP 6 March, first clomid cycle, after over 2 years waiting. Due date 15 Nov.
LemonJelly
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PixieB » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:14 am

It's hard having a prem, and IUGR prems are great at giving us extra stresses when they want to. My little one was born at 27+4 thanks to IUGR, dodgy flow from the placenta, bleeds from placenta previa and regular dips in her heart rate. The NICU trek is a hard one, and most people who haven't been there don't really understand it.

It's great that your little man is only really needing help with the digestion thing. We mostly struggled with getting Tali off the breathing support, though it did take her a good couple of weeks to get the knack of really digesting her food.

Your milk is utter magic. It's helping to mature his stomach, even the tiny tiny portions he's actually getting into his system. It's giving him the best defence against NEC in existence, and it will work wonders on his weight gain once he gets his digestion sorted out.

Keep up the pumping, like clockwork every 3 hours. If you need a boost day to really kickstart the supply you can spend one day where you're expressing 2 hourly during the day. It's not easy, but if you can manage it now it'll give you a really good start, and having extra milk in the hospital's freezer is a good thing. I got an oversupply from being so obsessed with expressing regularly whilst Talia was still on only 1mL every 4-6 hours. Every drop counts.

Have you considered hand expressing into a syringe instead of using a pump? It means you're wasting less in spatter in the bottle and on the valve, and it may be more effective for you. It gives horrid hand cramps, but catching every drop and having that success does a lot for boosting confidence, supply, and for getting more magic milk into your little boy.

It's really common for NICU mums to have troubles with milk supply. The stress is huge and stress is a sure fire way to kill the let down reflex. Get help from your doc if you're worried about it, but trust that you and your body can and will make this work.

Sorry for rambling, but you can do this. It's a horrid thing to go through, it's really hard and I very much remember the ache of missing being pregnant when your baby's there in a box in the NICU.

I hope your milk comes in later tonight and you get beautiful fountains of glorious milk to get your little boy growing. I hope his little tummy works itself out quickly and he starts properly digesting that magic milk and gaining weight til he's covered in lovely chubby rolls. And I hope his NICU stay is short and you have him home and overdosed on cuddles as soon as possible. (btw, the more skin contact you can get with him the better, if you can wrangle a kangaroo cuddle before you're due to express or can express next to his crib you may find a good boost to your supply :) )
Talia Grace: born Friday 13th of July, 2007, at 27w4d gestation, 700g/1.5lbs. Nursed for 4 years
and Violet Joy: born Thursday 19th, VBAC waterbirth, 39w2d, 3.35kg/7lbs 6oz, still a booby monster, just shared it with her big sister for 18 months.
http://pics.livejournal.com/littlebutto ... y/0000scpq
PixieB
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Prayer Requests