Having a high risk for DS and other possible issues...

Please share your prayer requests here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Having a high risk for DS and other possible issues...

Postby ambien » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:25 am

I'm depressed.

Did the oscar test today, and the babes looked fine. They were active, kicking and swimming, had low nuchal translucency and visible nose bones. However, my blood test for PAPP-a came out bad, pretty low. The sonologist said I should do an amniocentesis to check for sure but there's that miscarriage risk....and it's so scary to wanna check and then you kill your babies. :(

My uncle who's a gynae advised against it since with twins u have to do twice. Moreover the NT levels were within normal ranges. (I also read of this lady who had cramps, bleeding and preterm labour when she did an amnio...her baby couldn't survive at 15 weeks, so traumatizing!)

I also read this study on the internet about how low PAPP ranges came about more frequently with women who did ART and IVF...something about early implantation affecting the values.

Please keep us in your prayers. We are so affected right now... :(
Married 2 Oct 2005.
TTC since Jun 2007.
DH has low sperm count and quality.
I have PCO but should be fine (according to doctors).
3-4 failed IUIs.
IVF #1.

ER 3 Aug.
ET 5 Aug.
BFP 20 Aug!!!
U/S 9 Sep - Twins!!!

11 Apr 2011 - gave birth to 2 gorgeous baby girls - my little miracles! Thank you God!
ambien

Postby orionslight » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:02 am

i will pray for you!
Baby Ireland born 4-18-14 healthy and happy :)

Joining her 11 brothers and sisters
Loss July 2015@ 11+3, girl
Loss June 2016@ 13+5,boy
orionslight
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Prayer Requests