severe post partum anxiety/ phsyical detachment

Please share your prayer requests here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

severe post partum anxiety/ phsyical detachment

Postby Thelyontamer » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:04 pm

Hey guys, I don't know if there is another section I should posting this on. I had my sweet daughter, Gatsby, on march 26th and she is my first child. Since virtually the day she was born until now I have been struggling with severe. (SEVERE) anxiety. I have been seeing a psychiatrist and she has put me on multiple medications all with no luck because of bad side effects. Im currently about 10 days medicine free and while some of the side effects are going away, my anxiety is back with a vengeance. I have never been through this before and im so overwhelmed. I don't feel depressed. I feel anxious. fearful. predominately fearful that I am going to die and leave my sweet girl without a momma. I have become a literal hypochondriac. Everytime anything happens in my body , ill get the slightest twinge of pain and ill freak out thinking what if its a blood clot to the lungs, etc. I'm having panic attacks almost daily and have ended up in the ER multiple times. Another component which my psychiatrist isn't sure if it is related to anxiety or just post-partum stuff. I feel foggy minded and physically disconnected from the world. when i look out of my eyes, it literally feels hazy, like im in a glass bubble or watching a movie of my life. It's like im not actually connected to my surroundings. I don't feel emotionally detached at all. I love my daughter and my husband dearly. (I know some people in post partum can feel disconnected with their child/spouse but I dont feel that way. I am so sick of feeling this way. The fact that i'm 4 months post partum and still have this feeling makes me even more anxious. I want to feel mental clarity again and feel like im present in the room. I would appreciate you guys' prayers as I need them severely. I've always had a strong relationship with the Lord, was once a missionary in Africa for several years, but i just feel like since she has been born I have just been robbed of any peace or trust in God and I don't know why. I would also appreciate any advice from anyone who may have gone through something similar. Please tell me this isn't going to last forever. My hubby would ideally like one more child and I am literally terrified of having to ever go through this again to the point that i'd rather not have a 2nd child. :/
Thelyontamer

Re: severe post partum anxiety/ phsyical detachment

Postby s4mm13 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:41 am

I'm so sorry your struggling.

I don't have any experience to draw from from a postnatal point of view but ican relate to the extreme anxiety of being pregnant again after losing my son last year.

I hope for peace and serenity for you and that you can come through this a stronger person.

Xx
Me 29
DH 30
Oscar forever 5 months
Our beautiful son Oscar, born 24/2/14 at 32 weeks with Tetralogy of Fallot, oesophageal atresia and tracheo oesophageal fistula. Earned his wings aged 5 months and 1 day.

Oscar is going to be a big brother. BFP #2 29/11/14

Arlo William, our beautiful rainbow born safely 22nd July 2015

s4mm13

Postby Laceyfitz13 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:27 am

I can relate. I had severe generalized anxiety before pregnancy which got worse once I became pregnant. I was fearful something was going to happen to my daughter whether it was a miscarriage or cord accident. I was absolutely terrified. I was in and out of the hospital because I kept convincing myself that something bad was going to happen to her.

Once she was here, the anxiety kicked into high gear before we even left the hospital. My mind was running 100 miles a minute. I was so scared she was going to die from a vaccine reaction or sids. I literally didn't let anyone hold her aside from her dad for about 2 months.

I knew it was anxiety and I knew I was overreacting but I didn't want to take anything for it. I cried at night while she slept worrying myself to the point of exhaustion. I told my mom and my husband what was happening and although they couldn't convince me otherwise, just being able to talk to someone helped a lot.

My daughter is 6 months old now, and while I still have the normal mommy worries, my anxiety is pretty low. I've found that reading other women's stories on the internet helped a lot. Just being able to relate and know that I wasn't alone helped too. Knowing that there are other women who deal with this made me feel better.

I'm afraid I can't tell you how to fix it but I can tell you it gets better.
Laceyfitz13

Postby casi7787 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:25 am

This may sound strange, but how is your blood sugar? I had hypoglycemia (low sugar), anemia (low iron), and hypotension (low blood pressure) as a child and teen and it was very much like what you just described. Sometimes a deficiency can be just like anxiety or depression. I grew up feeling like I was watching life go by through a foggy window.
Me-28
DH-38
Married-5/1/15
DD-8/2006 & DS-6/2008 (mine from a previous relationship)
DS-3/1995 & DD 11/2000 (DH's non-biological children he helped raise in a previous relationship)
Have his DD some weekends
MC-1/2006 (DD's wombmate/s-natural multiple pregnancy)
MC-9/21/2013 4-5 weeks
TTC#3-since wedding-DH's 1st

My Ovulation Chart

casi7787
Star Member
Star Member

Postby katrin-ru » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:31 am

I think you just shoud distract yourself from bad thoughts,May be you feel anxious becouse you just have tired of all these duties and constant responsobility for your realatives. Try to find time for yourself,don't think of someone else.Think of yourself. take a realaxing bath. Visit spa, Or just find some time to go out, to see your friends or spend time with your partner. Remember your wishes and desires. Hope, I helped in some way. Here some more tipsjust in case))
katrin-ru

Return to Prayer Requests