This may seem off topic...

Please share your prayer requests here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

This may seem off topic...

Postby operamommie » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:47 am

This prayer request is actually not on behalf of me or my baby, but rather on behalf of my mother.
She was diagnosed about 6 years ago with CLL, a form of Leukemia. She hasn't been responding to the treatments the way her doctor would like, and so her last option is a bone marrow transplant. They recently found a perfect match and she's been going through the work-up for it. We're two weeks away from the transplant, only to find out that her donor has just tested positive for hepatitis A. Needless to say, this is a devestating blow, and the next donor isn't even close to a perfect match, which would make the process even riskier. So our family is all waiting to find out what's going to happen and if this transplant can take place.
I know we could really use the prayers and thoughts at this difficult time. Thanks ladies.
Me:26 DH:27

operamommie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ashand888 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:41 pm

You're in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted!! I really wish more people would get tested to be bone marrow donors...the testing process is painless and so easy. We have a good family friend whose son has NEMO disease, a blood disorder that is extremely rare and only occurs in little boys...they have been trying desperately to find a donor for little Samuel too in an attempt to find a match for a bone marrow transplant.

I hope she ends up finding a perfect match soon!

Ashlee
Ashlee
Daughter- 14 years (joined us through adoption)
Daughter- 7 years
Son- 5 years
Son- 5 years (joined us through adoption)
Son- 2 years
Due with baby #6 (another boy) in August!
ashand888
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby alwaysprego » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:31 pm

Never off topic when you need a pray sent up to God. I'm praying hard that God will send good news to your mother.
alwaysprego
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby operamommie » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:54 pm

...a looong time later...
Thank you all again for your replies and your prayers. My mother did in fact find a perfect match, but she never was able to have the transplant because her lungs didn't clear up enough.
She passed away from the cancer on November 9th.
Thanks again ladies for your prayers.
Me:26 DH:27

operamommie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lizzen » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:05 pm

Operamommie,

I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I pray that God brings you comfort and peace.
The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

:hb: Mommy to my three boys!!! :hb:

ImageImage
lizzen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mrs_Lurker » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:11 am

I am so sorry to hear this.
Lily
DD born 3/30/07
DS born 2/3/10 w/ OI type I
M/C 6/29/11 (4wks)
#3 EDD: 10/3/12
Beta @ 13 dpo - 172
3/26/12 (12W5D) - we learned we're having a BOY!!
5/31/12 Yep, he's still a boy. ; P
DS born 9/25/12

Mrs_Lurker
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Prayer Requests