Please pray for my sister and her baby

Please share your prayer requests here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Please pray for my sister and her baby

Postby LoneStar » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:13 pm

My sister has been hospitalized at 25 weeks. It looks like she could be having a c-section any day now. Here's her story...

At 9 weeks she was put on bedrest because of a severe subchorionic hemorrhage. She's had major blood losses and we've thought that she had lost the baby more times than I can remember. Bedrest had been going okay. Her husband stays home and takes care of her and their 16 month old. She's been going a little batty with restlessness but overall has been good about taking it easy.

Well, about 4-5 weeks ago she started leaking a lot of fluid. They did the swab test and it came up negative. The NP told her she was fine and that it was probably just discharge. But she new something was wrong, especially since the swab tests can be invalidated if you are bleeding. Yesterday she went for a routine ultrasound. Her amniotic fluids were at almost 0%! She WAS leaking amniotic fluid. Basically, her water has been broken for almost a month! Her doctor sent her to the hospital immediately. She's on complete bedrest (bedpan, can't sit up, etc). To make matters worse, she started contracting last night about every 5 minutes. They've given her meds to stop the contractions, but the doctor says that she could have the baby very soon. She's hoping that she can hold out a few more days so that the steriods to help the baby's (a girl) lungs develop a little more.

Please keep her in your prayers. My sister is one of the kindest people on the planet and probably the best mother I've been around. She is so worried for this baby and I'm so worried for her. No one deserves to go through this. :(
LoneStar
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sheff2 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:05 pm

I am :praying: for your sister and her little girl!

Sheila
sheff2
Friend

Postby memmie » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:14 pm

Bless your sisters heart. Poor lady. I will be praying for her and her baby girl.
memmie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Carlyandbaby1 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:49 am

Praying for your sister and her baby girl. Best of luck to them both, i hope they can keep her in for abit longer
ImageImage
Carlyandbaby1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

please pray for my sister

Postby momoftwins » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:29 pm

I'm so sorry your sister and your family is having to go thru so much worry and stress. My second pregnancy was complicated, I was on bed rest for 13 weeks, and my water broke early. I hope your sister's labor holds off as long as possible and her little girl is born strong and healthy. I will keep her and the baby in my prayers.
momoftwins
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Prayer Requests