August 08 Mamas, ~~part 2~~

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

August 08 Mamas, ~~part 2~~

Postby KatieJo3 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:56 pm

August mamas....here's your new thread :wink:
KatieJo3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mpwife » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:17 pm

Where's that thumbs up smiley when you need it? :wink:

I'm a bit sad that all our info from the time our babies were still babies is on lockdown, now. :( I knew our time was coming, though. 8)
mpwife
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KatieJo3 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:48 am

I can unlock it if you guys ever need it, but I figure that way it will send people to the current thread.
KatieJo3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby missnita » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:13 am

Yes, this is a little sad *sob* hehe.

<b>Bunny:</b> Ummm, what in the heck?! I cannot believe that woman. Is she a normally nice human being? Because that almost seems cruel, that she would do that. There are some people that simply LOVE knowing other people's business & outing them before they can do it themselves...did it seem this was the case with her? or did she genuinely think nothing of it, that it was okay? I would have been furious & later, when nobody else could hear, I would have told her that it was horribly inappropriate for her to mention it in front of others, esp. since it's confidential information. If this was someone I didn't like much, I would have no problem telling my OB's office & hoping she'd get fired & in the least, reprimanded.

We told everyone yesterday. We were originally going to wait the 12 weeks, but since we are staying with my in-laws & I'm starting to feel more nauseous & am sleeping more, I almost felt like I was being dishonest NOT telling them. Then, if we told them we'd need to tell my mother & if we told my mother, well...the cat would be out of the bag to everyone, lol. So I told my mom, then the in-laws [we bought pink & blue helium balloons, put them in their bedroom when they were out & when they walked into their room they were so confused but figured it out rather quickly] & then I called the other important family members & friends, then announced it on Facebook. It's not ideal, but my pregnancy with Oliver was smooth & trouble free & if I miscarry or something happens word will get around anyway...

But I should go, Oliver is sick today. Not sure with what, but he's been lethargic, whiny, clingy...he went down for his nap an hour early :/ Poor guy.
ME - Anita: 31
DH - Patrick: 32
DS1 - Oliver: 2
DS2 - Eli: Born 10/22/10

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Carnelian » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:27 pm

Hey girls

Just wanted to send my Congrats to all the newly pregnant Mama's.
SOOO exciting. And MK13 - it's so close for you now to have that wee babe in your arms! Crazy to think I'd already had Liam 2 weeks before where you are now!

Bunny - I can't believe that woman did that. I know lots of people that like to keep their pregnancy a secret for at LEAST 12 weeks so I think that was plain rude of her to do that. And so much for confidentiality at that place!!

MP - sorry you weren't able to conceive while JR was home but great idea to do the health/vitamin kick to boost your chances for May. Sending lots of luck your way.

Sounds like all the kids on here are like Liam with soaking up words like a sponge. It's crazy how quickly they pick things up.
I so need to watch what I say as the other day DH was looking at me funny and I said " What" to him and then Liam started saying "What" in the same tone. Not so polite so I need to be careful. Also, another bad scenerio was when DH was telling me about his friend who has been having an affair on his wife (with his best friend's wife) and it all just came out and I said "What an arse". Well, Liam heard me and said "Arse". I was like 8O Oh my gosh what did you just say and he repeated it again so I'm such a naughty Mama......
I'm very happy as I've made it to the 2nd trimester already. This second time round pregnancy goes much quicker than first time round.....
These are my scan pics from just over 12 weeks.
Can't wait to see all the new Mama's scans in the next 6-7 weeks or so.

LIAM EDWIN born 24 June 2008 at 33 weeks !!
BFP from FET #1 on 21 Dec 09. Beta 275/703
[img]
[url=http://lilypie.com]Image

Carnelian
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:45 pm

Carnelian - that's just what I keep thinking too ... I'm just little over a week from when I had Nick! I keep telling this one to STAY IN THERE!!! Mommy doesn't have anything ready! Plus we're going to jump into complete kitchen rehab at the same time I'll have the baby because that's when DH will be home so will be interesting for sure!
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rleash » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:01 am

Holy pregnancy explosion!! Congratulations everyone!

I can't believe how many people in my life are pregnant right now. And all of you, too! 2010 must be the year of the next big baby boom!!

We'll be jumping on the bandwagon soon enough. I would like Noah to be closer to 3, but I REALLY don't want to have a summer baby again. So I'm thinking if we start trying in May/June we can have a spring baby, and that would be ideal in my mind. We had a little scare a month or so ago, and I really didn't feel ready, yet. For one thing, Noah still refuses to sleep anywhere but in his own crib, so just thinking about getting him moved into another bedroom in a toddler bed is giving me panic attacks! I also remember how exhausted I was when I was pregnant the last time, and I can't imagine how much harder it's going to be if I still have to take care of Noah. But it can't be as bad as I'm imagining, I'm sure.

H&H 9 months everyone!
Noah Jacob
Born Aug 16, 2008, 2:34am, 8lb 9oz, 20in

Levi Anton
Born Feb 23, 2011, 11:28am, 8lb 8oz, 20.25in

ImageImageImage
rleash
Angel
Angel

Postby MK13 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:56 am

rleash wrote:Holy pregnancy explosion!! Congratulations everyone!

I can't believe how many people in my life are pregnant right now. And all of you, too! 2010 must be the year of the next big baby boom!!

We'll be jumping on the bandwagon soon enough. I would like Noah to be closer to 3, but I REALLY don't want to have a summer baby again. So I'm thinking if we start trying in May/June we can have a spring baby, and that would be ideal in my mind. We had a little scare a month or so ago, and I really didn't feel ready, yet. For one thing, Noah still refuses to sleep anywhere but in his own crib, so just thinking about getting him moved into another bedroom in a toddler bed is giving me panic attacks! I also remember how exhausted I was when I was pregnant the last time, and I can't imagine how much harder it's going to be if I still have to take care of Noah. But it can't be as bad as I'm imagining, I'm sure.

H&H 9 months everyone!

I wouldn't be worried much about sleep ... Nick wouldn't sleep anywhere but in his crib but then we put him into a different crib in his new room and he's sleeping even better. I think it's the safety of the crib rather than anything else that's helping him sleep. He couldn't care less he was in another room or completely different crib, he sleep real well in there :-)
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby missnita » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:21 am

<b>rleash:</b> I'm also a little worried about Oliver's transition to a toddler bed/a new room. He too sleeps nowhere BUT his crib. The transition here to my in-laws wasn't as hard as I thought, so it does give me hope. In a month or two we'll be moving into our own place, hopefully a 3 bedroom, & that will be the last transition [except to a toddler bed] for a while. We probably won't even be moving him to a toddler bed until he's closer to 2 1/2 or even later, since the baby won't need the crib until 5 months or so.

When I first got my BFP, I'll admit that I wasn't happy. DH & I both kind of had 24 hours of freaking out...but we warmed to the idea & we'll make it work. Everyone keeps saying that since they'll be close in age they'll be great friends, but I don't think that depends on the age gap...I'm closest with my sibling that's 13 years younger than me. If the time isn't right JUST yet, than it's just not right. It'll be exciting to hear when you DO get your BFP & are prepared to give Noah a bro or sis.

Time to go...morning sickness is plaguing me badly today :/
Last edited by missnita on Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ME - Anita: 31
DH - Patrick: 32
DS1 - Oliver: 2
DS2 - Eli: Born 10/22/10

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:35 am

Nina, I'm not ready to transition Nick into a toddler bed at all and won't be ... well, the plan is until he starts climbing out of the crib or reaches the height / weight limit. I feel so much better with him in the crib!

Nick's old crib will be used for the new baby but even last time it wasn't until Nick was almost 6 months when he started sleeping in the crib (other than occasional daytime naps to get used to the nursery).

Oh, we got an official "diagnosis" of Nick's allergies. He had the blood testing done last week as I wanted to make sure I wasn't avoiding foods he would not be allergic to for no good reason ... but as it turns out, mother's intuition works like magic ... he's now confirmed to be allergic to eggs and dairy as well. I was actually hoping that it would only be lactose intolerance but he is allergic to milk protein as well :-(. SO, we're now carefully testing soy milk ... he did not show allergic to soy but I remember him throwing up pretty bad the couple times I tried soy formula when he was about 6 months old so we need to be careful. Hopefully he has outgrown any soy issues and we can at least go that route. The next big thing is for him to start gaining weight again. He is growing but not gaining. Only about .5 lbs in the last 6 months :-(. I'm so glad he went from premie size to "oversize" in the first 9 months of his life so he still has some fat stored away he can use for growing :-). But if it does become an issue, with the official diagnosis, we can now be referred to pediatric dietitian and such since we're no longer depending just on my guesses!

To all the pregnant mommas ... I hope your morning sickness will go away real fast or not even show up!!! I KNOW how hard it is to be pregnant with a toddler :-)
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bunny827 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:43 pm

Nita + Carnelian- Thanks for your thoughts about the woman sharing my secret. It was unbelievable and really inappropriate considering HIPA laws, etc. However, she did not mean any harm and is not a mean person. I actually grew up w. her daughter and she is the sister-in-law of my OB. That entire office is basically all related to each other, so I should've known they'd talk. I think that she was just really excited for me, but it would've been way better if she'd come up to me in private. I did tell her that, and she apologized.

As far as feeling sick, that's really kicked in this week. I was wondering if it was going to b/c I was pretty nauseous when pregnant last time. It was like clockwork, exactly at 6 weeks, I got sick to my stomach this week. It's pretty hard when you have an active 18mth old to play with and you feel crappy. However, I like to just tell myself that means the hormones are really working and the baby is growing! :wink: It would be nice if it didn't last until 15 weeks like last time though!
DS 1 August 2008
DS 2 October 2010

Baby #3- Due October 2012
Bunny827
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby MK13 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:48 pm

I know this is a long shot but any chance anybody here would have Cassb's cell from way back when we had our babies? The girl who was supposed to be her buddy on our April 2010 due date board is no longer there and we haven't heard from Cass since she was feeling like she might be going into labor soon way early this morning and don't know how to check in with her. If you do, can you please PM me?

I can't believe April girls are having babies already! This is way too close now!!! I just got another "affirmation" of my ob being a bit of a jerk but oh well ... long story and too much of a rant. I think his biggest concern is for me not to eat before my c-section ... I guess he's worried I'd puke all over him? :lol:
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:33 am

calling off the "search party"! lol Cass has been found all and well and no babies yet :-)
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Carnelian » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Sorry MK - I don't but she's on FB with me and I see she had a wee baby girl named Chaiya Violet and it sounds like all is well.
She's a wee cutie. Looks lots like Sal as opposed to Ava who looks lots like Cass.

Congratulations Cass if you do happen to pop on here.

:D
LIAM EDWIN born 24 June 2008 at 33 weeks !!
BFP from FET #1 on 21 Dec 09. Beta 275/703
[img]
[url=http://lilypie.com]Image

Carnelian
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:28 pm

Carnelian wrote:Sorry MK - I don't but she's on FB with me and I see she had a wee baby girl named Chaiya Violet and it sounds like all is well.
She's a wee cutie. Looks lots like Sal as opposed to Ava who looks lots like Cass.

Congratulations Cass if you do happen to pop on here.

:D

Thanks for trying! Cass and I did end up being able to exchange our contact info and I was her belly buddy when she had Chaiya. ... Strangely enough, we BOTH ended up in L&D that same night (with our DDs just 1 day apart) but she got her little girl and I ended up with Turbultine shots to stop labor and was sent home ... my take on this, my doctor didn't feel like coming in for a surgery on a Saturday morning since I need a c-section. I'm still contracting, just not dialating (at least wasn't on Saturday), so it's a waiting game for us as to when the doctor decides to go for it. Official version was he didn't want to do it because I wasn't 37 weeks yet (I was ONE DAY short of 37 just like I was with Nick). I'm going in again tomorrow for another NST. I hate this waiting game!
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups