August 08 Mamas, ~~part 2~~

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby sc_ttc » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:06 pm

Wow, everyone is so quiet.

Hope you all are ready for a Merry Christmas and a happy new year with your baby/babies and rest of your families of course! Eddie sure is ready to open all of the presents! Aside from hacking cough, he is all ready! Evan is starting to roll and watching every move his big brother is making and anxiously waiting to join in on the fun! Eddie can't wait for his little brother to play with him! He says, "come on baby Evan!" :)

Eddie is now in a toddler bed for over a month now, thanks to Toy Story bedding set! :) Evan too is in his room now in the crib, still waking several times a night. I'll wait a few more months before I CIO. I think that was the best thing for Eddie and will do the same for Evan.

How are you all adjusting with your two kids? Hope all is well!
me - 35
dh - 36

Baby #1 Aug. 12, 2008
Baby #2 Aug 2, 2010

Best Buds!

sc_ttc
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby MK13 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:30 pm

our little guys are very much in love with each other too and can't wait to play together :) Now that Peter is sitting up and moving around (crawling backwards) they actually do start to play together for couple minutes every day.

Nick has a Sensory processing disorder (his body isn't processing some of the outside inputs correctly) so he's in speech, physical and occupational therapy so hopefully he'll get over his "issues" soon ... can't cure it but can learn to live with it. Hopefully it's just that and nothing "worse"

Anyone thinking about baby #3? :lol: ... yeah! I'm "thinking" ... I just can't help but think we should have 3 little ones ... DH doesn't think so :)... but I wouldn't do it right now ... would wait a little while. So, we'll see.
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sc_ttc » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:39 pm

haha, #3, funny! :lol: Prior to having my first child, I wanted 3. Since having the first child, I was willing to have just one more, which we did and now we are done!

Awe, sorry for Nick having his "issues". Hopefully he'll adjust quick and well!
me - 35
dh - 36

Baby #1 Aug. 12, 2008
Baby #2 Aug 2, 2010

Best Buds!

sc_ttc
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby rleash » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:56 pm

Hey all,

It will soon be time for our #2 to arrive! I'm due Feb 25th. It's getting scary! Up until now, I think I've been in denial about being pregnant.. I just went on with my life as usual. But now that this little guy is kicking so hard (I don't know how he isn't bruising my ribs... and everything else) and taking up so much room in my belly, it's feeling more real. I've also finally started getting Noah's room turned around for the new one, and that's helping it all sink in, too.

I want to ask your ladies' opinions on names. We still can't narrow it down from these 3:

Elliot (what we would have named Noah, before we came up with his name)
Riley
Levi

Elliot was the first of the 3 that we came up with, but when I'd mention it people would all tell me, "yuck, keep thinking of others." After that, I decided not to tell anyone my ideas because I didn't want their opinions to sway me. But now that we're in the final month and I still have no idea which one to choose, I DO want to hear opinions!

I seem to like a different one best every month. Right now Levi is winning, even though a couple of people told me it sounds like a hillbilly name.
Noah Jacob
Born Aug 16, 2008, 2:34am, 8lb 9oz, 20in

Levi Anton
Born Feb 23, 2011, 11:28am, 8lb 8oz, 20.25in

ImageImageImage
rleash
Angel
Angel

Postby MK13 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:39 pm

rleash, I like Levi! That's one of the names we had for Peter but couldn't use it because it wouldn't work in Czech language. Czech grammar is too complicated and we change the endings of words including names depending what we are talking about. (e.g. if I talk "about Peter" I talk "o Peterovi" ... or if I "call Peter" I "volam Petra") And with Levi it just wouldn't work (as with many other names I liked).

good luck with everything!
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby karee » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:47 am

HI everyone! It has been such a long time since I have posted. Glad to hear everyone is doing well...many have another child already or one on the way. We will be expecting another early June. Will find out on the 24th of this month whether it will be a girl or a boy!!

Life is crazy with a toddler...as you all know! He keeps us on our toes for sure. He is still in his crib and I am dreading transitioning him out. Anyone have any suggestions? He is such a good sleeper...about 12 hours a night. However, I am not buying another crib so he needs to be out before its time for another to go in the crib.

We did the potty training thing 2 weeks ago. Used the 3 day potty method and it was amazing with Wil. Im sure no method works the same with all children but this was what we needed. He wasnt sleeping thru the night dry and since we have implemented it, we have only had 2 nights of being wet in the am.

Speech with Wil came slowly. He is finally pretty much repeating everything we say and putting 2-3 words together.

Hope everyone is doing well!
ImageImage
ImageImage
karee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rleash » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:54 am

Actually, we decided this weekend that we're definitely going to go with Levi :) Everyone seems happy with that choice, too. I'm excited now that we have a name!

I had a dr's appointment the other day, and he was on vacation so he had a midwife come in to help out. My doctor is always so calming, but she was awful!! She dug into his notes from months ago and was trying to make me worry about stuff that he wrote off a long time ago as being ok. And I asked her if the baby's turned yet, and she was VERY concerned about him still being breech. She was talking like he wasn't going to live or something, from the sound of doom she had in her voice. I mean, I'm only 35 weeks... there's still time for him to turn, right? She scheduled an ultrasound for Monday to find out for sure whether he's turned or not. And I'll get to see my regular doctor again, so now I can't wait for Monday!!

karee - I was really worried about transitioning Noah to a bed, but we got him some Mickey Mouse bedding, and spent a few days playing in his new room and on the new bed, and made a big deal about it. He was so excited, he told ME he wanted to sleep there. So we had no issue at all. We do still "lock" his bedroom door at night (we just put on a childproof door knob cover) so he has to stay in there, otherwise he won't stay in and go to sleep.. he'll keep getting up to come out and play again. When he wakes up, he calls for me and I go in and get him. Now I wonder what I ever worried about, he made it so easy!
Noah Jacob
Born Aug 16, 2008, 2:34am, 8lb 9oz, 20in

Levi Anton
Born Feb 23, 2011, 11:28am, 8lb 8oz, 20.25in

ImageImageImage
rleash
Angel
Angel

Postby MK13 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:17 pm

I'm bumping us up so we don't get purged by the system! It's been happening way too fast on some of the boards lately!

So, what's going on with all the babies???
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby libby050808 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:27 pm

Well, my big boy really doesn't seem like a baby any more! But I finally got DH to agree to start on no. 2, so it's back to the TTC side for me... I have been soooo envious of everyone's beautiful 2nd children on here!
DS August 2008
1 cat, 1 overenergetic cocker spaniel. Lost our beautiful Fisher cat 1/10/12
Missed miscarriage Jul 2011
Chemical pregnancies Sept and Dec 2011
DD 1st February 2013
libby050808
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Carnelian » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:35 pm

Hi

How is everyone going?
Can't believe in a couple of months Liam is going to be THREE !!!
It's crazy how fast the last year has gone and my "baby" who has grown up even faster will turn one the month after Liam turns 3.
Finnegan is already comando crawling around and was sitting up at 4 months for short periods. We are doing BLW for his food and so far he's doing great.
He's had sticks of steak & carrot, corn on the cob, rice, noodles, apples, oranges etc... He even ate marrow today which was cool.

Here are some current pics.

LIAM EDWIN born 24 June 2008 at 33 weeks !!
BFP from FET #1 on 21 Dec 09. Beta 275/703
[img]
[url=http://lilypie.com]Image

Carnelian
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:41 pm

Carnelian - LOVE the pics! They are both so cute!

Libby - good luck with ttc!!!

little Peter just turned 1 last week! Both boys are so much fun but real handful too!

we need to see more pics from everyone! here's couple of ours ...

Peter couple days ago ...

Peter and Nick about 2 months ago ...

this one was sometime last month ...
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby libby050808 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:35 pm

Lovely pictures both of you! Big brothers look pretty cool about the additions. Carnelian, were you guys ok after the earthquake? You're in Christchurch, right? I have friends in Palmerston North who were feeling some shaking after, and I was thinking about you!
DS August 2008
1 cat, 1 overenergetic cocker spaniel. Lost our beautiful Fisher cat 1/10/12
Missed miscarriage Jul 2011
Chemical pregnancies Sept and Dec 2011
DD 1st February 2013
libby050808
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Carnelian » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:53 pm

libby050808 wrote:Lovely pictures both of you! Big brothers look pretty cool about the additions. Carnelian, were you guys ok after the earthquake? You're in Christchurch, right? I have friends in Palmerston North who were feeling some shaking after, and I was thinking about you!

Thanks :-) Yes we live 15mins north of Christchurch so have had a rough time lately. Big one in Sept and then more damage in Feb plus about 3-4000 aftershocks in between. They are ongoing. All my family and friends are fine but lots lost their homes. It's kind of scary how much has changed :-(

MK - love your pics too. The boys are gorgeous. Brothers are the best :-) Is Peter lighter than Nick? Mine are the same. Liam is heaps darker in skin and hair colour than Finnegan.
[img]

Carnelian
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:37 pm

Carnelian, yes, Peter is a big lighter in color ... but it's funny because he has my brown eyes and Nick who's darker hair has daddy's blue eyes :)

that's awful about the earthquakes! Friend of mine (classmate from college) taught English at one of the language schools in Christchurch and I was really worried about her, especially knowing one of the schools was badly damaged ... turned out she moved to Sidney the week before the earth quake! ... that's what I call LUCK! :)
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Carnelian » Wed May 18, 2011 2:28 pm

Grr I just typed a big reply to everyone and lost it.

Man that annoys me.....
:mad:

Hope you ladies are all doing well.
We are ok but just getting over a long run of tummy bugs and colds etc plus Finn got admitted to hospital with croup. Not nice :(

Anyway I just wanted to bump our thread up and say hi to everyone

Rleash - congrats on baby Levi, he looks lovely. How is Noah coping?

Mk - how are your two lovely boys?

Karee - not long till your wee one arrives!

Libby - how are things with your ttc?
[img]

Carnelian
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups