August 08 Mamas, ~~part 2~~

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby missnita » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:49 am

Congrats to Cass! Violet is one of our top names if we have a girl :)

My first appointment is in 2 hours, I'm excited. They don't really do dating ultrasounds here so the most I can hope for is that they try to listen for the heartbeat. I can't believe I am so close to being 2 months along!

I've been horribly sick for 7 days with a cold. It's the worst cold I have ever had. The last few days I wake up thinking that it's finally gone, my nose has cleared, only to be stuffed up again within an hour. Oliver & DH had it as well, but on a much smaller scale so I'm thinking my compromised immune system due to baby is helping it linger. Besides that I've been nauseous on & off [no vomiting yet, thank goodness], have started getting more tired & until a few days ago my boobs hurt like crazy.

Oliver's been a lot more cuddly & clingy. I think he def. senses that something is going on. I guess he wants to get his cuddles in now before he has to share, hehe.

ttyl girls!
ME - Anita: 31
DH - Patrick: 32
DS1 - Oliver: 2
DS2 - Eli: Born 10/22/10

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GTLakeGirl » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:35 am

How is everyone?? I realized I had not gotten an update email in a while so I came to look for the thread. Low and behold, we have a new thread...no wonder I was not getting emails :D Good to see everyone is doing so well! I am so excited for the the newly preggo mama's!!! Warning: pregnancy #2 goes by SO fast!!!! I am almost 23 weeks and swear I just found out I was pregnant yesterday :oops: I guess that is what happens when you have an 18 month running around.

So I am not sure if I told everyone (probably did), but we are officially having another GIRL!! We are so excited :D I have always wanted Emmy to have a sister close in age so this is perfect. Plus, it means there is a lot less for me to get ready for this new little girl!! I was so nervous about having to start over with all the clothes, diapers, etc. And over the weekend we decided on a name...Addison Elizabeth :D Wow, it really seems real now!

Nita - How was your appointment? Come check in!

Bunny - Congrats on the pregnancy! Hopefully morning sickness will be easy on you this time around!!

Carnelian - Are you guys on team green this time or are you finding out? Any 'gut feelings'?

Hi to everyone else!
Kristen: 29
DH: 29
Two Sweet Little Girls!!
GTLakeGirl
Angel
Angel

Postby missnita » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:34 am

Heya!

I had my appointment on Tuesday & all went well. The doctor I found is AMAZING. His bedside manner is wonderful, he's so friendly, wants his patients to call him by his first name. I felt really comfortable & at ease. My official due date is October 30th. Since I'm only just under 8 weeks, no heartbeat check but my next appt. is April 16th & I'll be almost 12 weeks, I'll assume he'll have a listen then. He's also supposed to book my u/s at that appointment & I'm assuming that would also possibly be when we'd find out the gender!

As for me, I'm still feeling nauseous most days, starting to get more & more tired. I don't have much of an appetite & the only stuff I DO feel like eating is stuff outside the house. DH just went to pick up some home fries for us from a local diner. I'm not craving junk, I just don't even want to look at regular food we have here...& I'm not digging meat in general right now. Luckily I still have not thrown up *knock on wood*.

Yesterday I had a glucose tolerance test & regular blood work taken for a pregnancy work up. They took about 6-8 vials of blood. I was so weak & I have a huge bruise on my arm. Not fun.

<b>GTLakeGirl:</b> Congrats on another girl! I really like the name as well. I don't want this pregnancy to go by fast :/ We're 99% sure this will be our last child, so not only do I want to savor it, but we're so not prepared! We need to find out own place which is proving impossible. Even though there's still 7+ months to go, I already feel like I'm running out of time, hehe.
Last edited by missnita on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:04 pm

hey girls! had our baby boy on Monday (the 15th) - 6lbs 2oz, 18 inches ... once again, born 3 weeks early just like Nick. Will be back with my "story" later on. Still in pain from the c-section ... well, it's only Friday, right? Just wanted to give you quick update.
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rleash » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:03 am

Ug, you darn contagious pregnant people!! Just got my own BFP this morning 8O

I'm not disappointed.. but wow am I scared. You wouldn't think so, since I've been through this once already. But maybe that's what makes this scarier... I remember the exhaustion, the enormous belly, the recovery, the lack of sleep for the first 12 months... yikes. I think the only thing I'm not worried about is labor.. funny how that works, huh? They say your mind releases chemicals that make you forget the whole thing. I didn't forget.. I remember every excruciating moment. Yet somehow, it wasn't as bad as all of the sleepless nights and PPD that followed. Only now, I have to do it all AND take care of a 2 year old. And he was just getting independent enough now that we could go out and do more without having to worry about nursing, napping, or general crankiness.

I don't mean to be complaining so much.. I'm just still in shock!
I'm sure I'll warm up to the idea soon enough. Like after I hear that little heartbeat for the first time. Maybe.

And DH is still at work until Noon. He hates it when I dump all of my worries on him, anyway, because then he gets worried, and wants me to stop and tell HIM that everything's going to be ok. And I can't tell anyone else until he knows.

And now I'm thinking, crap.. have I been getting enough folic acid? I wasn't taking vitamins before now. With Noah, I had been taking them for 3 months first! Is there any good nutrition in there for you to pull from, little guy (or girl)?

-This has been a look into Rhonda's spinning head. Tune in again next week.-
Noah Jacob
Born Aug 16, 2008, 2:34am, 8lb 9oz, 20in

Levi Anton
Born Feb 23, 2011, 11:28am, 8lb 8oz, 20.25in

ImageImageImage
rleash
Angel
Angel

Postby missnita » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:11 am

<b>MK13:</b> CONGRATS!!!! Welcome to the world little guy! Peter is his name, right? Rest up mama!

<b>rleash:</b> Ummm, woah! I wasn't expecting THAT! Congrats! I think you kind of felt like I did...wanting to wait until our kiddos were closer to 3 or so, right? Maybe that was someone else.

Hun, you're not alone. ALLLLLL of those things you mentioned...they went through my head a million times too. I was not happy initially. I mean, I wasn't angry or anything because well, what could I do about it?! But def. scared....& I'm still scared sh*tless. I don't think, for me anyway, that's ever going to go away. Everyone says "oh, how wonderful, they'll be so close in age!"....well, that actually wasn't what I wanted. I didn't want them to be this close in age. There are some people, & I actually appreciate their honesty, that have said "wow, you're going to have your hands full! Good luck!", hehe.

I wanted Oliver to have more time as our only child. I wanted him to be more independent. I also wanted to just regroup after his birth & babydom & kind of prepare myself to have our final child. Even now I feel like it's all a blur...& that the years of having my children will kind of lump into one seamless memory. Plus, DH will be starting a very taxing job in about a month. While on one hand he'll have some daytime hours off, he'll have to work overtime & he could be called in at any time during his time off. I too faced PPD last time & luckily DH was able to take 6 weeks off initially...but then ended up taking the whole 9 months of paternity leave. This time, that isn't even an option. He MIGHT get a week off, will be super duper pushing it & lucky if he can get two...& then in November he'll start the busiest time of the year/of his job.

Sorry, this was all about me me me. But I want you to know you're not alone in feeling nervous, scared, anxious etc. It will get better though. I can guarantee you'll start to daydream about your baby & having a new little one around. I'm starting to get excited about finding out the sex & buying new things, hehe. You'll reach that point as well.

Btw, do you have good family support?

Congrats again! I think the August '08 moms are either blessed or cursed, depending on how you look at it! lol!

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bunny827 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:10 am

Hey ladies! Just checking in, as I feel like I've been living under a rock for the past 2 weeks. I've been SO SICK! It's absolutely awful. :( It started as extreme nausea, but then I started getting horrible migraine headaches on top of that. I'm not someone who gets migraines normally, and this didn't happen w. Liam, so needless to say I've been VERY unhappy! This week I was able to somewhat function a little better during the day, but the headaches always get worse toward evening. I think I've cried every night for 2 weeks! 8O Thankfully, my mom is retired and has been coming over in the mornings to help w. Liam. The poor little guy is so used to me laying on the couch now, it's so sad...... he will grab a pillow and lay himself down on the floor next to me! It has been so hard to get excited about a new baby when I feel this awful. I am only just over 8 weeks and pray this doesn't last too long. I'm at my wit's end!

Everyone else..... hope you're doing well!

Rleash- Congrats!!!! Something is in the water w. the Aug 08 mamas! I'm sure you'll get more excited as the idea settles in with you.

Gtlake- So exciting to have another girl! Beautiful name by the way!!! Did you have worse morning/all day sickness w. this baby, like I'm having ????

MK- YAY! Congrats on your new baby boy!!! Can't wait to hear details!

Nita- Our due dates are so close! Mine is either 10/26 or 10/28. We are having another u/s this week and will see what the baby is measuring. I know you're nauseous..... is it way worse for you this time too??????
DS 1 August 2008
DS 2 October 2010

Baby #3- Due October 2012
Bunny827
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby rleash » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:59 am

Nita, Yes yes & YES! That's exactly what I was thinking. I wanted Noah to be 3.. and to have more time alone with him. It's also going to push up the decision on whether or not to have a 3rd child, since I hate messing with birth control again.

I called my niece this morning (she's more like a close sister to me, since she's only 3 years younger than me). She has a 7 y/o and a 4 y/o, so I knew she could tell me I would survive. She was honest.. and said it will be hard when they're so young. But she also said when the baby gets a little older, he/she and Noah will start to play together, and give me more free time. She said before she had her 2nd, her son would constantly demand her attention. But now, her two kids are best friends, even though one's a boy and one's a girl (she even told me this cute story about how her little girl got a cheerleading video, and wanted her big brother to watch it with her. He did watch it just to make her happy, and when it was over, he went up to his mom and said, "Wow, cheerleading is so much fun!.. hehe).

My family lives in Montana, so it does make everything very hard. But DH's mom is thinking about retiring this summer, and that would really help out. DH came home today, and we talked, and he made me feel a lot better, too. Maybe it's not so bad, after all. You'll have to let me know how it is with 2, MK13 :)
Noah Jacob

Levi Anton

ImageImageImage
rleash
Angel
Angel

Postby missnita » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:41 pm

<b>Bunny:</b> Crazy that our LO's will be so close in age again! Did you join the October DDC? I don't think I've seen you over there. I didn't really have any nausea w/ Oliver. Maybe a wee bit for a few days when I very first found out, but I think it was more so in my head, hehe. I'm pretty nauseous this time. It's all day for the most part, but I haven't thrown up, only dry heaved on one occasion. I'm having a lot of food aversions...most meat makes me feel sick, as do eggs & the list goes on. I didn't have food aversions with Ollie. I also feel like my stomach is filling out much higher than it did with Oliver. All of these things give me the feeling I'm carrying a lovely little girl :) I hope I'm right.

<b>rleash:</b> I also won't really have much family support. Seems odd, since we've moved back to our hometown & now are near all of our family...but to say they are lacking in the support area would be an understatement. They're just an odd bunch. 5 days after having DS via c-section & MIL & FIL were visiting, I helped DH carry in groceries & then put them away all by myself & THEN cleaned a greasy/filthy bathroom left by plumbers while MIL & FIL sat in the living room w/ DH & Oliver. They just don't think & I'm sorry, I shouldn't have to ask in a situation like that. I don't think I'm going have MIL or any family coming over to watch Oliver while I tend to the baby or making us casseroles or anything like that. Sad, but true. I'm truly envious of tight knit families that stick together & help each other out.

I'm glad you're feeling better after talking to DH. It really isn't SO bad. It might not be perfect timing, but I do believe everything happens for a reason.

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Carnelian » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:49 am

Congrats MK on the birth of your new baby boy. Can't wait to see pics.

Congrats also to Rleash on your bfp! Noah will love being a big brother and I'm sure you'll warm to the idea quickly!

I know what you mean though. Somedays I have a freak out as I think how much time I spent with Liam as a newborn and all the time bf etc.... How am I going to be able to dedicate my time to the new baby as well as coping with Liam? Liam will have had 2 years of solely our attention and this new baby will never get that but on the other hand, how will Liam cope with having to share the attention?
I'm also under no illusion it will be very hard in the beginning but I believe all our little ones will very much benefit from having a sibling close in age.

I also have had more m/s with this pregnancy then I remember with Liam. I'm definitely more tired and have had WAY more food aversions. Can't stand Lettuce or Fish and certain other things that I can't think of right now. I lost HEAPS of hair in the beginning which never happened with Liam, I have lost about 200g and still aren't at pre pregnancy weight and last time with Liam at this stage I was probably up about 8 or 9 lbs. My fingernails are growing crazy fast but my leg/underarm hair isn't. So I'm leaning towards a girl pregnancy this time but who knows????

Bunny - hope your m/s eases soon.

GTLakeGirl - congrats on another beautiful girl on the way! I love the name too. We're still not sure if we'll be on Team Green or not. We loved being on Team Green last time but I think the temptation might be too great this time.

Anita - Hope you are feeling better too. Glad your first appointment went well.

Hi to everyone else.
:D
LIAM EDWIN born 24 June 2008 at 33 weeks !!
BFP from FET #1 on 21 Dec 09. Beta 275/703
[img]
[url=http://lilypie.com]Image

Carnelian
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby missnita » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:49 am

I LOVE analyzing pregnancy symptoms! Everyone seems to be having the opposite symptoms than their first pregnancy...but surely we can't all be having girls, hehe. My leg/underarm hair is also not growing very fast. My nails grew really fast last time but this time they're growing fairly slow. Last pregnancy I started to get really hot & had trouble sleeping towards the end of the pregnancy...this time around I am having the hardest time sleeping & am ROASTING every night in bed. It'll be so exciting in a couple of months when us newer pregnant ladies start finding out the gender...if we're choosing to.

I don't think I slept a wink last night, so I'm going to put Oliver down for his nap & try to catch some z's myself.

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bunny827 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:17 am

I just posed this question in the October moms room, but figure I should ask my trusty Aug 08 mamas too! A weird symptom I'm having is that my arm (mainly right, sometimes left) feels very sore/achey. It can be in my shoulder or down into my bicep, like I pulled a muscle. However, it also aches down into my wrist/hand. I've heard of pregnancy Carpel Tunnel, but I don't think that happens in the 1st trimester. Did any of you ever have this or have any thoughts? It's really annoying, just like my other preg. symptoms this time around! 8O
DS 1 August 2008
DS 2 October 2010

Baby #3- Due October 2012
Bunny827
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby sc_ttc » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:37 pm

The verdict is in!

We're team BLUE!!!

I too was analyzing my symptoms, (wanting a girl) and thought the different symptoms I had in comparison to Eddie meant that I would have a girl.... NOPE. I had no hunger fits like I did w/ Eddie and had no m/s at all and didn't gain any weight, so far just 1 lb. since the beginning, so I thought all of these contributed to being a girl. But I am very happy that Eddie will have a little brother and a best friend for life. Now I'm very excited that I don't have to learn a whole lotta new things of having a little girl and that the 2nd boy will be a lot easier.

I am due Aug. 9th, but will schedule a c-section for Aug. 2nd. HOWEVER, not holding any expectations, if the baby's weight happens to be less than Eddie and I happen to labor on my own before Aug. 2nd, I think I will try VBAC. I am ONLY considering this option because of the recovery time of not being able to hold Eddie. He's 30 lbs. now and especially if he's going through some new jealousy period, I will need to hold him. That's my only concern, being there for Eddie when he needs me. One time when my friend visited with twins and I was holding one of the baby, boy oh boy, he got jealous!

I am very excited to know that many of Aug. 08 moms are also pregnant and to share the stories again. Sorry for being mainly a reader, but I will try to post more.
me - 35
dh - 36

Baby #1 Aug. 12, 2008
Baby #2 Aug 2, 2010

Best Buds!

sc_ttc
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby rleash » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:41 am

I have to take back my BFP :( AF arrived today.. which I'm thinking means it was a chemical preg. I had an appointment today for bloodwork to confirm I was pregnant, and they told me to go in anyway and have the bloodwork and they'll confirm if it was a m/c. DH and I are really bummed, now :( I was really loving the idea of being pregnant more and more. And November sounded like a great month.. since DH gets a lot of time off over the holidays. But I'm glad it happened now, rather than later on.

We'll probably try again in a couple of months (I really don't want to have a baby right around Christmas time).

The weirdest part was that last night, I had a dream that I had a little girl, and a woman took her from me and told me I'd never see her again. Then I woke up, and was relieved it was just a dream, only to find out when I went to the bathroom that in a way... it really happened.
Noah Jacob

Levi Anton

ImageImageImage
rleash
Angel
Angel

Postby missnita » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:45 pm

<b>Bunny:</b> Funny you should mention that...I just got that feeling tonight, out of nowhere. My left shoulder & bicep started aching. Totally weird.

<b>sc_ttc:</b> Congrats on being team blue again! Although I'm really hoping for a girl, I know it would lovely for Oliver to have a little brother.

<b>rleash:</b> I'm so sorry hun! I know that regardless of if the pregnancy was planned, it's got to be a let down. But your baby will come, in time, when you're more mentally prepared. Good luck in the coming months TTC!

So it's been absolute ages since I've posted Ollie spam & since I got a new camera, I thought what better time...

Watching Daddy eat pizza

Stealing Daddy's pizza

Feeling pretty proud of himself, I'd say

He has a wee obsession with throwing & running after balls in the backyard

As well as a wee obsession with dinky cars :)

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups