August 08 Mamas, ~~part 2~~

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby MK13 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:01 pm

rleash - sorry about AF showing up :-(

Nita - I LOVE the spam! What awesome hair!

to all the pregos in general - good luck with everything! My pregnancy went by super fast! And DO NOT WORRY about how things will be when the babies arrive. I was worried to when it was nearing the end ... worried that I'd be denying Nick more alone time with mommy and daddy and all those worries but now when the baby's here, it doesn't seem to be an issue at all. I do have my mom here right now so she's giving him a lot of one on one time but other than that the only thing he's upset about is mommy not being able to lift him and hold him because of my c-section. Other than that, I'm trying to talk to him while I take care of the baby, play with him when I can and it all seems to be working fine. And he's my little live baby monitor ... anytime he hears little Peter squeak, he says "mimi mimi" ... meaning baby baby in Czech so mommy knows she needs to take care of her baby :-). It's really sweet! Though there's no way I can let Nick anywhere near the baby just yet ... all he wants to do is squeeze him and see what sounds come out :lol: ... so, like I said, don't worry, it will all work out! Honestly, I couldn't be happier that our little guys will be so close in age. We actually kinda wish they'd be even closer!

And here's some spam :-) ... I have to dig out some old pictures of Nick to compare ... Peter looks SO MUCH like him!!!

March 15, 12:04pm ... 6lbs 2oz, 18"

from the hospital ...
Image Image

and from 6 days old
Image Image Image
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sc_ttc » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:01 pm

MK - Thanks for the reassurance, glad to hear that; I too hope that Eddie will adjust quickly. He's so cute now, when I ask where he's baby brother is and he kisses my belly.

Nita - I just have to say Ollie has the most amazing blue eyes! And as usual, love the spam!

rleash - sorry for the AF, I'm sure though when the time is right for you, all will happen in due time.

As for me, so far the pregnancy has been smooth, thank goodness. How's everyone else doing?

Can't wait till the weather consistently warms up. Eddie is looking to go outside everyday and get bored inside.

Happy Easter and hope all of you have fun picking Easter eggs/treats w/ your little ones!
me - 35
dh - 36

Baby #1 Aug. 12, 2008
Baby #2 Aug 2, 2010

Best Buds!

sc_ttc
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby GTLakeGirl » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:28 am

Hi ladies! It bugs me that I am not getting email notifications when people post...it is always a nice reminder to come check in on everyone. Now I have to remember on my own and with pregnancy brain + mommy brain in full effect...I barely can remember my own name sometimes 8O :lol:

MK13 - Congrats on the new addition! He is adorable and it is great to know everyone is doing so well! Keep us posted on the transition as we are all SO interested in what life is like with 2 babes!

rleash - I am so sorry that AF showed. I know that even though the pg was not planned, it is still heartbreaking when plans change. I hope that another baby is in your near future!

sc_ttc - congrats on the baby boy! You know, our of the 15+ friends I have that are pregnant or have recently had number 2, all but 1 have had the same sex as they had the first go round. Your right, it will be much easier since you already have everything! I am thankful to not have to start over in the purchasing department :-)

Bunny - UGH! I am so sorry about the morning sickness and migraines. Honestly, I think my m/s was just as worse this time around. I was nauseous 23 hours a day and got sick mostly in the mornings. But on the bright side it didn't last as long! I was sick until about 16 weeks with Emmy...this time I think I was feeling better by the end of the first trimester! Hang in there...before you know it, it will be gone!

Nita - Oliver is gorgeous! Boy do you guys make beautiful babies!! When will you find out the sex? I have my fingers crossed that TONS of pink is in your future :-)

Hi to everyone else!! Had my 24 week appointment yesterday and all is good. The second trimester seems to be dragging on...blah!! My BF just had baby #2 and it makes me want this little girl to be here SOON!! But then on the other hand, I am terrified about the sleepless nights, crying, etc. EEEEEKKKK!!
Kristen: 29
DH: 29
Two Sweet Little Girls!!
GTLakeGirl
Angel
Angel

Postby missnita » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:23 pm

<b>MK:</b> Look at that cute little muffin! Makes me want to meet my baby right now...but I can wait ;)

It's def. nice hearing it'll all work out...& I know it will. But I kind of hate hearing over & over how it's so much better that they'll be close in age etc. etc. etc. [not that you're saying that MK, I mean family members, strangers & such]. That's SUCH a matter of opinion. Maybe people are saying it to make me feel better? lol. But it's not what WE, personally, wanted. That doesn't mean we're dreading it & we will do our best/make the best of it...but having our kids close in age wasn't the ideal for us.

<b>GTLakeGirl:</b> I don't think we'll be finding out the gender until I'm 4 months along or later...I know someone that is 4 months pg & she's not finding out for another 3 weeks so, probably between 4-5 months.

Everything is going well in the pregnancy. I'm having lots of round ligament pain. Still nauseous sometimes & the food aversions are the worst. I've lost a few lbs in the past 2 weeks. The worst aversion is to meat...I just want nothing to do with it, it's so unappetizing. No vomiting, but every few days I have issues with the other end of my body...if you know what I mean ;) & I can't sleep at night. It's horrible. I just toss & turn :/

Well, off to relax & watch Lost in a bit. I had to go into Oliver's room 6 or 7 times before he actually stayed still & fell asleep. Not fun.
ME - Anita: 31
DH - Patrick: 32
DS1 - Oliver: 2
DS2 - Eli: Born 10/22/10

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mpwife » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:00 pm

Sorry I haven't posted here lately, mamas! I've been reading, though.

MK - CONGRATS! He's such a precious little man. I'm getting some serious baby fever. :hb:

Nita - I am drooling over Ollie's spam. He is just the squishiest, cutest kid! I wanna kiss all over him. :D

rleash - Sorry about AF ruining everything. :(

I want to write more, but I'm trying to type quietly and not disturb Layla. She's been a bit of a monster this week. I'll have to come back and update more tomorrow!
mpwife
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sc_ttc » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Do any of you feel like your little one is having early terrible twos??? Ugh, sometimes I just feel like Eddie is throwing a tantrum just to throw one! Some days I feel like he just gets up on the wrong side of bed and the rest of the day is history. Like the other day, he wanted grapes, so I gave him grapes. Then he wanted to play w/ the microwave and he wanted me to lift him up to the microwave and he wanted to put the grapes in the microwave! He just sometimes knows he wants to play with something he knows he's not supposed to play with and throws a tantrum when he can't have it. Is it going to get worse? ugh... venting a little... Sure he has bad days like most of us, but little hard to deal w/ the tantrums sometimes. On good days though, he is just so much fun and playful. He likes to help out w/ the chores like laundry, vaccum and putting things away...
me - 35
dh - 36

Baby #1 Aug. 12, 2008
Baby #2 Aug 2, 2010

Best Buds!

sc_ttc
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Carnelian » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:05 pm

Oh my gosh sc_ttc - I totally could have posted your last vent myself!!! Liam is EXACTLY the same..... I never thought I'd have a tantrum thrower kid as I was never like that or my brothers/sisters. BUT - man have we had some serious tantrums here lately. We have alot of them over the phone as he wants to play with it but he called the emergency services (over here in NZ it's 111) the other day - he didn't connect right through but he'd pressed the buttons and then the connect so if I hadn't have been right there...... hmmm
So now whenever he sees the phone he throws a right paddy, on the floor kicking feet and everything 8O
Also, if he is taken out of the pantry when he's trying to find a "biccy" (biscuit) and I don't let him - he lets loose....
I'm hoping as time goes on and we can communicate more that they will hopefully ease off. I'm dreading if I'm out and about and he pulls one.... How embarrasing :oops:

Hi MP - how are you. How is Layla?

Nita - love your Ollie spam. I find out gender in 9 days. I'll be 19.5 weeks. I can't believe heaps of girls in my DDC have started finding out from 13-16 weeks! But some have gone and paid for private u/s and then been told too early and the tech's can't be sure. There's no way I'd pay $180 at 16 weeks. I'd rather wait till at least 18-19 so I know it will be more obvious!!

GT lake - yay for being over that barrier of 24 weeks! That's funny you posted about most people having the same gender for #2 as that's fairly similar to alot of the people I know as well! Except my sister and my cousin - they both had the opposite and I'm hoping it runs in the family!!

MK - Wow Peter is just gorgeous. How is it all going? Is Nick loving being a big brother?

Rleash - I'm so sorry that AF arrived. :(

Bunny - re your arm question. Is it mainly in the morning? I've heard of people waking up like that. Are you a tummy sleeper?

AFM, all good here. This pregnancy is going fairly quickly. Anatomy scan is booked for 13 April.....
Are any of you getting the flu jab?
LIAM EDWIN born 24 June 2008 at 33 weeks !!
BFP from FET #1 on 21 Dec 09. Beta 275/703
[img]
[url=http://lilypie.com]Image

Carnelian
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:52 pm

Carnelian, that's funny about the emergency services ... Nick's done it three times already ... actually reached 911. I disconnected it right away all three times not knowing if he did get through or not and sure enough, each time I got a call right back from the nearest police department checking to make sure all was fine. So no more cellphone for Nick! :lol:

Little Peter's finally gaining some weight though still only 6.5lbs at almost 3 weeks. I don't think he'll take off with putting on weight like Nick did. But I am trying to breast feed more and supplement with formula less this time around even though I have very low supply again so that's probably why the slow gain. Other than that, he's a total sweetheart and very much enjoys being held by mommy all the time (especially from 2:00am - 6:00am :lol: )

As for Nick, he loves to "pet" his little brother but that's as far as I'm letting him get near Peter. I can just see a total disaster happening if I really let Nick touch Peter without super close supervision! He's just not ready to be really gentle just yet.

One good news for those who might remember me complaining about Nick not gaining any weight pretty much since September due to all the food allergies ... well, he finally gained about 2.5 lbs in the last 6 weeks or so! I think we're finally on the right track though still using a lot of formula instead of milk since we've ruled out just about every milk out there. For some strange reason, he's fine with lactose-free formula even though it still has milk protein in it (but when I give him lactose-free milk, he gets diarrhea ... so must be that the formula has the milk more broken down or something). I was really starting to worry about him not gaining so am very relieved now!

ok, both of my munchkins are crying now so gotta go and figure out which one is a priority right now :-)
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby missnita » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:55 pm

A bit MIA lately...mainly due to chasing around a toddler & being absolutely exhausted, nauseous & weak due to not feeling like eating anything :/

Things are going to get even more hectic as we found a wonderful apartment & move in May 1st or possibly sooner! It's an amazing 3 bedroom in a historic 100 year old home with lots of character, like a clawfoot tub, huge bay windows & some stained glass! Not to mention the hubs is set to start his job in the next couple of weeks.

I'll continue reading as usual, but it may be a while before I update again!

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Carnelian » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Looks like we are all flat out....

Liam has been crazy good on some days here and then like a little clingy whirlwind on other days. He's so trying to push the boundries and it's tough when Mama's getting all big and tired!!!

We're in Autumn over here and we've already had our share of bugs. Liam got a cold, then a vomiting/diarrhoea bug, then a respiratory infection and then he had a bad few nights as his eardrums ballooned and stretched due to all the fluid and he was in so much pain :(

We are on the mend now and hope it stays that way.

We are on TEAM BLUE again. I have to say I was a little disappointed as I really felt like I am meant to have a girl and that this pregnancy was so different but it just shows you can have a completely different pregnancy and still get the same gender.
I'm feeling much better now though and very excited about this wee guy. He's been kicking up a storm already and is so strong.
He's VERY big too. Measuring over 2 weeks ahead and in the 97.7 % percentile 8O
I've only put on about 5lbs though so it must just be him!!

Anyway just wanted to check in and say hi and hope all is going well with everyone.

:D
LIAM EDWIN born 24 June 2008 at 33 weeks !!
BFP from FET #1 on 21 Dec 09. Beta 275/703
[img]
[url=http://lilypie.com]Image

Carnelian
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:30 pm

Carnelian, glad to see someone posting an update! I've been stalking every day waiting for someone to post.

congrats on expecting a little boy! I'm sure Liam will love to have a little brother!

I'm super exhausted. Getting absolutely no sleep at night as little Peter thinks it's party time from 11:00pm till 6:00am and then he falls asleep on my chest! It's cute but very tiring! :lol: And Nick's been a real handful too little bit of jealousy and a lot of pain from teething (about 8 teeth now that've come through the last 4 weeks or so) and an ear infection on top of that. So, things are not easy at the moment but they are SO WORTH IT! At least for those of you who're now prego, you toddlers' teeth will be all in by the time you have your babies :-)

Looks like little Peter might also be allergic to dairy so I'm now testing different formulas (as I have to supplement) to see what works and doesn't cause him so much trouble and pain.

ok, I'm off now ... both munchkins need my attention :-)
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dalar » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:08 am

Hello ladies! It has been awhile...I am going to start off by saying there is another AUG mommy on the pregnancy train (me). I just found out and I am Due Dec 21st! Personally I think it's a little to close to Christmas and was kinda bummed to see that this baby will be having a "Christmas" birthday...I was hoping we could hold off on getting preggo till June as I really wanted a spring baby, but I guess there were other plans. I am just hopping and praying this pregnancy is better then the first and it sticks!! FX

MK- I LOVE the pics he is adorable! CONGRATS!!
Everyone- I am with you on the early terrible 2 syndrome...Ella has her moments when I just have to walk away and let her calm herself down or figure it out for herself since NOTHING I do is good enough for her, but I am just glad the tantrums are few and far between (it's just really bad when it does happen).
rleash- sorry to read about AF. She is a terrible beast of a thing and is only around to make us miserable. I am keeping my FX that when you get your BFP it sticks.
Carnelian- Congrats on the BOY! I am sure you wanted a girl, we want a boy haha, but I am sure this little guy will be a cute and perfect as little Liam and now you have a reason to keep all of Liam's clothes!
I guess that's all for now. I hope everyone has a good weekend!
Me 28 DH 29 DD 2
dalar
Angel
Angel

Postby NatalieR » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:59 am

Hi ladies!! :hi:

I've been reading, just haven't had the time to sit and post replies. I'm glad to see that everyone is doing well, & congrats to the NEW mommies-to-be! Sorry about your AF, rleash. I know it doesn't make it any easier, but it'll happen when the time is right! :hb:

Things here have been crazy. J went on a two and a half week trip to Peru for part of his Culinary Management program. Needless to say, it was a very rough couple of weeks alone with Taea. We spent some time with my parents but she has become extremely needy in that two week period and refused to let me out of her sight.

Sleep is still the same - crap. I thought maybe it was her teeth that have been bothering her since she's pretty much been teething since two months old, but no. She has them ALL. Now I have to realize that we just didn't win the baby-sleep lottery and that eventually, whether it be in a year or sixteen, she will grow out of it.

J & I actually went out to a shag for a girl who's wedding I'm a part of last night only to receive a call an hour later from my Mom, telling us that Taea was awake and laying on the mat at the front door yelling "Mama! Mama!" and crying. It broke my heart - we had to come home. She didn't end up going to sleep again until 1AM and was up bright and early this morning. I need to be hooked up to a caffeine IV!! :lol:

I suppose it doesn't help that we're still breastfeeding and she's been super dependent on that lately. I figure I'll be making trips to school to breastfeed her during recess and lunch by the way this is going.... Shoot me.

Anyways, Taea is done breakfast and I can't take watching Four Square much longer, hah! Hope you're all well! :hb:
Natalie ( 30 )
Jordan ( 32 )
Taea Danielle ( August 5, 2008 )
Boober #2 ( Coming July 2013 )

NatalieR
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby missnita » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:46 am

Hey all!

Just a semi-quick pop-in ;) Oliver is sick with a cold, which he got from his cousin who came to playgroup on Tuesday. Grrr. As if we needed anything else going on this coming week, lol.

We pick up the keys to our new place tomorrow & can start moving things in immediately, which is sooo wonderful. Nice to have a full week to get all moved in. DH starts his position tomorrow [FINALLY], his official title is Youth & Community Services Coordinator for the Salvation Army church in our town. I'm so proud of him, as this is his first salary position & the pay is amazing, not to mention this is what he went to school for & has always wanted to do [youth work/ministries].

Oliver is such an amazing kid. I can't even count the number of words he knows now...I'm thinking 100+ & the amount increases everyday. He can count to 5 & knows the rest of the numbers to 10 but can't say them in order, hehe. He amazes me each day. But he seems to get increasingly whiny the older he gets & his father going back to work tomorrow has me terrified, hehe. This pregnancy has already done a number on me [exhaustion, I've lost weight because I can barely stand to eat anything, bad round ligament pain]...so lifting, carrying, running after a nearly 2 year old is going to have it's challenges. I'm praying we find a better routine in our new place.

<b>Carnelian:</b> I read on another thread you're team blue again! Congrats! I know I'll feel exactly as you if we end up being team blue...a little disappointed, but then I know I'll embrace the thought of another boy & a little bro for Oliver. I can't recall if you said you wanted more than two? I know we only want two, so I guess that's why I have the itch for a girl so bad, hehe.

<b>dalar:</b> Wow, congrats! That's exciting news! Yeah, a birthday near Christmas isn't great [or so I've heard] but at least it's BEFORE Christmas, I think that makes it a little easier.

<b>Natalie:</b> Glad to see a post from you! I feel for you, with Taea's neediness. Oliver is the same way. I have no idea how I'm going to shower or even use the bathroom once we move to our new place & DH/his parents aren't around. I'm sorry her sleep is still bad :/ You're probably so used to it now that it doesn't matter...but relief will come, like you said, whether it be in a year or later ;) Hopefully sooner rather than later though, right? Btw, Four Square is the pits, lol. Tippy & Binoo is another absolutely ridiculous show Oliver enjoys, blech.

Btw...MPWife? Are you out there? ;)

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mpwife » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:31 pm

I'm here. :oops: We've been in AL for the past two months and I don't get on the computer as much as I have in the past b/c I actually have some IRL socializing that I can do here. :lol: We're heading back to Missouri tomorrow, though, so you'll be seeing more of me. :wink:

Nita - I am so jealous of you finding a place w/ a clawfoot tub. I saw one in an antique shop last Friday and was telling my mom how badly I want one. I've told JR that I want us to have one when we finally get a place of our own that we will be staying in for good. I'm sorry Oliver got sick. I know you're exhausted and dealing w/ a toddler is already a handful. Add sickness in and you've got yourself a full plate. :?

Natalie - So wonderful to see a post from you! You cross my mind a lot. I'm sorry Taea still has sleeping issues. Maybe it'll smooth out sometime in the near future. I left L overnight w/ my MIL a few weeks ago and had a girls' night w/ my BFF. My MIL told me that L started bawling the momen we left, but soon calmed down. She dozed off and mumbled "Mommy" a few times in her sleep. It broke my heart to hear that, but it was after the fact, so I couldn't do anything about it. I missed her terribly, though.

Carnelian - It's crazy how this pregnancy has been so different, but the end result will be the same. Congrats on another boy, though.

dalar - CONGRATS to you, too! Something must be in the water around here. I hope I get a good dose of it in May when we start TTC again. 8)

Layla has her fair share of tantrums, for sure. She's not a kicker and screamer, though. She has this fake whine that she does, but her tantrums aren't too bad, yet. I'm hoping she won't be much of a tantrum thrower, but we'll see. My BFF's DD banged her head on the floor, the wall, the table, and anything else she was near when she had a tantrum. 8O I'm praying L doesn't do anything like that. She's saying so much and getting so tall. I can't believe she'll be 2 in just a few months. :cry:

Here's some recent spam :D :

BTW, who else on here uses FB? I have Carnelian as a friend, but would love to add anyone else that has an account. I'll PM you my link, if you want to add me. :hb:
mpwife
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups