August 08 Mamas, ~~part 2~~

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby NatalieR » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:27 pm

Nita - Hope Oliver is getting over his cold & the move is going well! I'm sure everyone will agree when I say we'd love to see pictures of the new place when you're settled!!! I'm sure the whole routine will settle down and things will be somewhat easier on you when you have your own place again with Patrick working and on more of a schedule.

As for the neediness and trying to get things done for us, I've had to take Taea everywhere with me. If I go pee, she comes with me, whether I carry her or not. If I don't carry her, she comes up the stairs on her own and barges into the bathroom. It's gotten bad now because she knows how to open doors so closing the door isn't an option (not that it would be anyways, I worry too much). She also comes in the shower with me and plays while I bathe. I tried once to put the gate across where the actually tub is and she whined the entire time. She loves the water so it just makes life easier if J isn't around and I desperately need to bathe.

I can't stand Toopy & Binoo either, btw. Taea has been obsessed with Barney lately because of the music and thoroughly enjoys Spongebob Squarepants, hahaha.

MPwife - Love, love, love Layla spam!! She is getting really tall! And I love her little dresses!!! It's still too cold here for Taea to wear dresses without leggings (or tights) underneath. I can't wait for summer. There's just too many cute outfits to buy and put her in, hee!

I'm so envious that you're able to leave Layla overnight. I know the feeling of missing her, but unfortunately haven't been able to miss her too much since she won't allow me to leave for more than two or three hours at a time, haha. But we've made progress in the sleep department. She actually slept through the night for the past two nights. Hopefully I haven't jinxed it for tonight's sleep. It figures that J & I both have had pretty restless sleeps the two nights that she slept right through!

:lol:

How are all of our pregnant (and non-pregnant) Mamas feeling?
Natalie ( 30 )
Jordan ( 32 )
Taea Danielle ( August 5, 2008 )
Boober #2 ( Coming July 2013 )

NatalieR
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NatalieR » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:47 pm

Shoot, I meant to say for ya'll to add me to Facebook (Natalie Costigan). I'll probably delete this after a day or two, hah!
Natalie ( 30 )
Jordan ( 32 )

NatalieR
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby missnita » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:12 am

<b>Natalie:</b> I tried to look for you on Facebook but the only Natalie w/ your last name that came up was a gal in the UK. Curious.

Everything with the move/in life right now is a major pain in the butt. Oliver still has a cold...the longest cold in history it seems. We've been attempting to move into our new place for a week & it's moving at a snail's pace. Oliver's new room has been half painted since Monday night, lol. We have about 80% of our stuff there, but with Patrick having started his new job & then Oliver going to bed at 8pm, it's impossible to find the time to get there & unpack/do anything. I've tried to go there for a couple of hours at a time & let Oliver run around, but it's a disaster. He's into everything.

Not to mention...there seems to be a mouse problem :/ If you could see my face right now you'd see the incredibly disgusted look I'm making. Mice are my #1 fear. I have a panic attack when I see one. I was at the new place putting dishes etc. into our kitchen cabinets & found a few mice droppings. I contacted the landlords, they set a couple of traps but they were silly enough to put them on the floor where Oliver could get them. As I was putting them far back in the lower kitchen cabinets & I found about 25-30 droppings!!!!!!!!!! It seems the previous tenants made NO mention of mice & clearly didn't clean up when they moved. Needless to say, I'm terrified & more than a little upset.

Oh...& did I mention my laptop needs to go into the shop for repairs & I won't have it until mid next week or later? So yeah, life is one big pile of poo [hahaha] right now ;) I know it'll get better, everything will work out, it's just right now with everything going on & being 3.5 months pregnant, I don't want to deal with any of it. But I have to. *sigh*

Anyway...lol...

Oh my, okay, so Oliver doesn't come to the bathroom with me or shower with me [he's gated into the really big living room here] but he whines whenever I leave, even if he can see me. I'm praying Taea's good sleeping streak continues! As for Taea not being able to stay anywhere overnight, we're in the same boat here. Oliver has never been away from us for more than a few hours. I can't imagine an overnight scenario. I'm thinking that once the baby comes we'll put him in some sort of daycare setting for 1-2 days a week, even just for 3 hours at a time, & have him get used to new people & the idea of being away from us in a new setting...& then work our way up to overnight stays with family...but we might get to that point beforehand, since DH will possibly stay in the hospital with me overnights like he did last time.

<b>MP:</b> So nice to see you!!! Layla is so gorgeous & she's getting so big! I love the last picture of her! Look at those curls!!!

Oliver's tantrums are short & his cries usually taper off fast, but he's starting getting on his hands & knees on the floor to show just how upset he is...it'd be cute if it wasn't so annoying ;) It's usually after we bring him inside...he LOVES being outside & no matter how long we're out there, he gets upset when it's time to come back in.
ME - Anita: 31
DH - Patrick: 32
DS1 - Oliver: 2
DS2 - Eli: Born 10/22/10

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NatalieR » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:02 pm

Quickly updating, have to drive J to work in a few. Ugh, I hate when he works nights, especially now since Taea has been SO difficult this last week.

Nita - Try facebook.com/natalie.costigan or maybe try searching by email? lushnessmonster@hotmail.com. Either way, my profile picture is one of Taea sitting on a purple chair.

Now that I have all of my personal information here, I'm going to go and stop my child from taking the bag out of the vacuum. :roll:

ETA: I changed my privacy settings. Didn't realize that only Friends could search for me, HA!
Natalie ( 30 )
Jordan ( 32 )

NatalieR
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mpwife » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:20 pm

Nita and Natalie - I sent you friend requests! :D
mpwife
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NinjaJ » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:18 pm

Hey ladies, I haven't been here in a LONG time. It actually wouldn't let me log in. I could stalk, I just couldn't log in. And looky there, the night I actually need to post something semi-important it lets me.
I was just scanning my local news, and saw a link to recalled Children's medicines. I just bought a least 1 item from each list because both mine are sick, and the meds I have match the numbers they have listed. But I have no receipts as I wasn't planning on ever returning them. I'm still taking them back though.
Apparently there haven't been any adverse affects from the meds. It's just that some may not have enough of an inactive, or too much of the active ingredients which means potentially giving the child too much, even when giving the recommended dosage.

Here's a link:
http://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/page ... recall.inc
Jess-27, DH-34
DD-Allison-05-02-2004
DS- Jonathan- 08-11-2008
Breastfed Jonathan for 14 months! yay! No formulas ever, no bottles. Just the boob and his homemade solids.
NinjaJ
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby missnita » Mon May 03, 2010 6:05 am

I added you, Natalie & MP! :)

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Carnelian » Mon May 17, 2010 9:24 pm

Hi everyone

Just a quick one to see how everyone is?

I'm good except my baby is still a "rhino" sized baby. I am just 24 +3 days today and I had a m/w appt and I'm presenting at 31 weeks. 8O

Kind of scary really and it upsets me a bit as I pretty much know there is no chance hardly at all of carrying to term. I can't do anything to help except take it easy but that's pretty hard with a whirlwind toddler.

Anyway, other that that we are doing well. Liam turns 2 next month. Seems crazy!! I'll have to start thinking about his party shortly so it doesn't get pushed aside with all the preparations for the new baby.

Hope you are all well.

:D
LIAM EDWIN born 24 June 2008 at 33 weeks !!
BFP from FET #1 on 21 Dec 09. Beta 275/703
[img]
[url=http://lilypie.com]Image

Carnelian
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bunny827 » Mon May 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Hi everyone, long time no "see!" I've been reading when I can but have been extremely busy lately. After an AWFUL first trimester and into my second, I'm finally feeling much better. It was so stressful and depressing having such bad nausea and migraine headaches while trying to take care of Liam. We've also got our house on the market and are looking for something bigger, which has been a pain in the neck too! Anyway, in exciting news, we are going in Wednesday for our anatomy scan and will hopefully find out if we're having a boy/girl! :D I hope you're all doing great and talk to you soon!!!
DS 1 August 2008
DS 2 October 2010

Baby #3- Due October 2012
Bunny827
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Carnelian » Wed May 26, 2010 12:58 am

Bunny827 wrote:Hi everyone, long time no "see!" I've been reading when I can but have been extremely busy lately. After an AWFUL first trimester and into my second, I'm finally feeling much better. It was so stressful and depressing having such bad nausea and migraine headaches while trying to take care of Liam. We've also got our house on the market and are looking for something bigger, which has been a pain in the neck too! Anyway, in exciting news, we are going in Wednesday for our anatomy scan and will hopefully find out if we're having a boy/girl! :D I hope you're all doing great and talk to you soon!!!

Yay, goodluck for Wednesday. Can't wait to hear what you are having.

[img]

Carnelian
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bunny827 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:47 am

We found out yesterday, we're having another BOY!!! So excited for Liam to have a brother so close in age! :D
DS 1 August 2008
DS 2 October 2010

Baby #3- Due October 2012
Bunny827
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Carnelian » Thu May 27, 2010 3:31 pm

Bunny827 wrote:We found out yesterday, we're having another BOY!!! So excited for Liam to have a brother so close in age! :D

Congratulations on another beautiful little BOY!!!
I was kind of hoping for a girl at first but I've really come around and am soooo looking forward to Liam having a little brother.
I've even bought a "little brother" top and now need to find the matching "big brother" top for Liam.
Now you can start thinking about names etc.....

I can't believe my wee guy could possibly be here in 6 weeks if I go into labor at a similar stage that I had Liam
8O
[img]

Carnelian
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Thu May 27, 2010 7:23 pm

Hey girls! Just popping in real quick. Haven't slept much the last two and half months :). Not surprisingly, we're dealing with food allergies again ... this time it's the baby that seems to go in his big brother's footsteps :(. little Peter has silent reflux and milk protein allergy (and possibly some other allergies). So, he spends the first half of the night in the swing and the second sleeping on my chest. I've become a pro at sleeping with a baby on my chest now! :lol: ... but he's a total sweetheart! ... who just started crying. I guess it's feeding time ... I'll be back :)
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby missnita » Fri May 28, 2010 5:14 am

Congrats on the boy <b>Bunny</b>! That's wonderful!

You're only a few days further along than me but we won't be having our first ultrasound/gender scan until June 11th, 5 days before our 10 year wedding anniversary! There's actually a policy here to not reveal gender, but if you get a generous tech, sometimes they do. If they don't we'll probably pay out of pocket & go to one of those specialty ultrasound places.

Everything is well here. We've been officially living in our new place since Mother's Day & I'm still trying to get unpacked. Most of it's done, but with a toddler to take care of, feeling exhausted most of the time, it isn't easy. This week/weekend is our big community festival, so tomorrow we'll be going to two parades & there are fireworks & a carnival. Oliver went on his first carnival ride yesterday, the merry-go-round, & really liked it!

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Carnelian » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:05 pm

MK - Sorry you are having food allergies again with Peter. That suxs. I'm hoping that you get them sorted real quick so that you and Peter can have some much deserved rest.

Nita - only just over a week till your scan. You must be getting excited.

AFM, we're doing ok. Can't believe Liam turns 2 in three weeks 8O We probably won't be doing much as I need to take it easy and even if i just have family around to our house it's a mammoth effort as there are soooo many of us. So we might just do something quiet that Liam will enjoy....
Was thinking of taking Liam to Willowbank which is like a zoo but the animals are not really in cages but more natural habitats. He loves it there but the weather has been so cold and rainy I don't think it will be a good idea. We'll just have to have some back up ideas and wait and see how the day goes....

Pregnancy wise, I'm doing ok. Just getting to that more uncomfortable and tired stage now. I hate bending down and picking up stuff now. I have another m/w visit tomorrow and a follow up scan on the 14th which will put us in a better position to evaluate the size of this baby.

Talk soon.
[img]

Carnelian
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups