August 08 Mamas, ~~part 2~~

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby missnita » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:18 am

Hey ladies!

Another boy it is for us! I had my scan on Friday & the baby is healthy & adorable. There is a big sign in the x-ray department that says they can't tell you the gender, so when I asked the tech towards the end of the u/s if it was allowed she said "I can tell you". We were shocked & happy! She poked around for a moment & then said the baby wasn't showing her the goods, so maybe next time...but then all of a sudden the baby moved & BAM, penis right on the screen. She said she's 99.9% sure it's a boy & we saw the penis for ourselves, so I guess there's no denying it.

I'll admit that I had mixed emotions. When she left the room to show the doc the u/s results for him to give the ok, I had a bit of a cry. It was moreso because DH looked at me with sad eyes & said he was sorry, that he knew I really wanted a girl. Stupid DH ;) So I got a little weepy. I always felt like a girl was in the cards for me...but since I'm fairly certain I want no more than two kiddos, I'm going to have to be happy with my two boys. & don't get me wrong...I'm not UN-happy with a baby boy, not at all. Oliver will have such fun having a little bro & hey, it'll save us tons of money, lol...but I wish I could have this baby boy I'm growing & have a baby girl too...somehow. Maybe I would have liked twins after all.

Oliver is doing well. Doesn't at all understand that mama is having a baby, but he will...even if it takes him 5 months ;) He's been cutting some teeth lately, but has generally been in a good mood except for lack of appetite & an occasional high temp. I can't believe he's going to be 2 in less than 2 months! I think we're having a smaller Yo Gabba Gabba themed party w/ finger foods & a cake. Not going to stress out like last year. But I want to have a party as it'll be his last one as an only child, hehe.

Hope everyone is well! All the other preggos, keep us updated.
ME - Anita: 31
DH - Patrick: 32
DS1 - Oliver: 2
DS2 - Eli: Born 10/22/10

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mpwife » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:00 pm

CONGRATS Bunny & Nita on having another BOY! :hb: :hb: I know you don't want more than 2 kiddos, Nita, but maybe you'll somehow get that girl. :wink: I remember being a bit teary-eyed when I found out L was a girl b/c I just knew she was a boy. Of course, like you said, I was thrilled that she was healthy and the gender didn't really matter, but I did have that moment where I had to get over the initial shock.

Carnelian - Liam will be 2 in less than 2 weeks! 8O Where has the time gone? I can't believe our babies are almost 2. It just doesn't seem like it's been 2 years already. :cry:

I've got some serious baby fever. I want to be preggo again so badly that I can barely stand it. :? I know it'll happen when the time is right, so I'm just enjoying the time - and peace - that I get w/ my single child. :D
mpwife
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby missnita » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:01 pm

MP: I was talking to someone yesterday that was told several times she was having a boy & now has a lovely 5 year old daughter, lol. I'd be miffed if this baby ended up being a girl though...last time we bought so much yellow & green since we didn't find out the gender, but this time it's nice knowing the gender so I can buy boy-related items. If it's a girl, we've wasted a lot of money already, hehe.

I can't wait to have a baby again...it's the having a baby AND a toddler to care for that I'm struggling to wrap my head around. DH will get very very minimal time off this time [maybe a week, if lucky] & I have nobody to help me at all. What family is around are so absolutely self absorbed. We have to beg DH's mom to take Oliver once in a while so we can go to a movie or something.
Last edited by missnita on Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sc_ttc » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:42 pm

Congratulations Nita on another baby boy! I was in exact same situation like you, wanting a girl, but the second one being a boy. I now love the idea and very happy for Eddie who will have a best friend for life.

Wow, so far all of the 2nd preggos are all having the same sex as the first one. We too am done with 2 kids, my maternal age being the primary reason (36), so I am now looking forward to having the baby and having a drink :lol:

Can't believe it, but I now only have 6 1/2 weeks to go. Well, it's 7 1/2 weeks, but I am scheduled for c-section on 8/2. Since I had Eddie w/ a c-section, this one will also be a c-section. Now that I know what to expect, I'm ok w/ the idea, plus I think the second one will be another big one. Although I've only gained 11 lbs. it's all belly. Eddie "knows" to certain degree that there is a baby brother and kisses the belly, but I'm sure when the baby is here 24/7, he may not like it :wink:

Hope you all you preggos are feeling better now, my only issue is lower back ache.

Nita - btw, we're the same way, no family members wanting to watch Eddie...
me - 35
dh - 36

Baby #1 Aug. 12, 2008
Baby #2 Aug 2, 2010

Best Buds!

sc_ttc
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby missnita » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:53 am

sc_ttc: The idea of another boy & a brother for Oliver grows on me more & more each day. I'm not 100% sure we're done. I go back & forth. I think that IF we had a third & it was a boy, then I'd be REALLY disappointed, lol. DH feels he is not done until we have a girl...but we could have ALL boys. My grandmother had 5 boys trying to get a girl...the girl never came :/

I'll be turning 31 about 1.5 months before my due date. So age is also something I think about.

It's horrible not having anyone to help, hunh? I get so jealous of other people that have hands on grandparents in their kids life, or other family members that are willing to help out. With Oliver we had no help, but at least DH was home. We lived away from our families then but nobody even offered help...no pre-cooked meals or offers of babysitting or anything from friends. This time we're back near our families, but MIL is an oddball & has a husband in his late 70's she's constantly worried about. My mom & sisters live over an hour away & have their own dramas & things to deal with. Last time we basically had to ASK if we were being thrown a baby shower because nobody stepped forward or seemed interested :/ Sometimes I actually cry over it. I'm not looking for someone to watch Oliver 24/7...once in a while to give us a break would be nice :)

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mpwife » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:31 am

Nita - JR's cousin was told throughout her pregnancy that she was having a girl. She had everything IMAGINABLE for a girl and it was all monogrammed w/ "Ava". Aaaaaand the baby came out a boy. 8O :lol: So, ya never know... :wink:

I can empathize w/ y'all about not having any help. We don't have anyone up here to help w/ L. We left her w/ a family from church and she cried hysterically the WHOLE 2 HOURS she was there [I had to have an MRI done, so she HAD to stay w/ them] and we haven't left her w/ anyone since. :? It can be very depressing/overwhelming. I cry about it, too, Nita. I just wish we could get a bit of a break here and there, kwim?
mpwife
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Carnelian » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:19 pm

Hey Girls

Oh I know what you mean about the help. I've been very lucky with my hospital visits since being pg as I can't take Liam and my Mum has watched him but I think since we've had Liam we've had 2 nights out to the movies and that's it. 8O
And we had to put him to bed both times before we could leave.
Both my brothers and sister all have kids so are busy too. DH's step- mum has offered but I don't feel comfortable leaving him there. She is a total odd ball and thinks she is fine to watch him but does stuff like lifts him onto the bench and then walks away when he was only just sitting up 8O or puts him in the highchair without strapping him in and he slipped through and both these times it was just lucky I was there to explain to her that wasn't safe etc... She had 3 children of her own so don't know what's going on there?????
She also has a dog that constantly licks Liam's face and I can't stand that. And she doesn't lock her door and she lives on a busy road and Liam could just open the door and run out. He's so quick now.

Anyway, so the doctors think I could have this baby in a month. Went to my last scan at 28 weeks and it should have been about 1kg (2.2lbs) but it's measuring 1.7kg (3.7lbs). I know there is a degree of error but last time they UNDERestimated Liam's weight so it could actually be bigger. I'm actually struggling with reflux and rib pain at the moment but still trying to hang in there as long as I can.
I'm totally the same as you ladies, can't wait to have another baby to hold but mentally can't get my head round how i'm going to cope with two? When do you shower when you have 2? I used to be able to dash for a shower when I put Liam down for a nap but what if I can't coincide their sleep times??? I need my shower to wake myself up in the mornings.....

Nita - glad you have come around to the idea of another wee boy. I'm the same, really excited to meet this guy now. There's still that degree of disappointment but not in having another boy but more still a desire to have a little girl.

Beth - wow about JR's cousin. That must have been such a shock. Hopefully they will go on to have another and they can have their Ava. Hopefully soon you will be preggars. :-)

sc_ttc - yay only having a few weeks to go. You've done great on the weight gain. I'm similar with sitting at about 9.9lbs at almost 30 weeks. I had put on heaps more by now with Liam but I guess we didn't have toddlers to chase around last time!

HI to everyone else.
LIAM EDWIN born 24 June 2008 at 33 weeks !!
BFP from FET #1 on 21 Dec 09. Beta 275/703
[img]
[url=http://lilypie.com]Image

Carnelian
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:09 pm

just dropping in real quick! Wow, can't believe all you prego girls are getting so close to having your little ones!

I've been super busy and exhausted ... little Peter has pretty bad silent reflux and most likely some food allergies that we haven't completely identified yet though my best guess is corn / corn syrup so it's a lot of fussing and crying in the house. I used to joke I won Nick in the "happy baby lottery" ... well, now I'm getting pretty much the opposite :lol: but when Peter isn't in pain, he's a total sweetheart. All giggles and just wants to be talked to all the time and makes a lot of funny sounds and faces :). So, with all the lack of sleep and pain ... I'm still very much loving my two little boys!

and ... here's little Peter's 3 months picture :)
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mpwife » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:08 am

Carnelian - I can't remember if y'all are a day ahead of us, so I came to wish Liam a HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY even though it's only 23 June here! :balloons: :jump:

MK - I love Peter's pic! He's so perfectly handsome. :hb: He's giving me some serious baby fever. :wink:
mpwife
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mpwife » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:17 am

Here's a slideshow of some L spam from last week. I had these done for JR for Father's Day. She is wearing his high school football jersey and helmet. The navy dress represents our fav college football team. :D

*removed link*
Last edited by mpwife on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mpwife
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby missnita » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:11 am

Thought I'd post that Carnelian is in hospital currently as she started having contractions. They've given her meds to try to stop the contractions, which seems to be working & they've also pumped the baby with steroids to mature the lungs just in case. She's doing much better & they think she might be able to go home soon, but she'd still be basically on bed rest, I believe.

I've read this via her husbands updates to her Facebook, so if you're FB friends with her you're aware of the situation, but if now I thought others might be interested in the info. I hope she doesn't mind me posting this.

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:21 am

Happy Birthday Liam!
Carnelian, I hope you get to go home soon and keep that baby in there for a lot longer!
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rleash » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:39 am

Hey girls, I'm pregnant again! Woohoo! I had to wait a couple of months after the last m/c, but we got pregnant on the first try this time!

I haven't decided when or how I'm going to tell everyone (so don't go posting 'Congratulations' on facebook or anything ;)). My sister-in-law is having her first baby this August, and I don't really want to steal their thunder. Plus, I like all of the focus being on them (so I don't have to hear "should you be eating that? Let someone else lift that! etc, etc).

This pregnancy is already different from my last one. I never had the heightened sense of smell with Noah, but this time it was immediate! I usually love Mexican food, but right now I can't stand the smell of it. It's really weird. I've also been drinking water like a camel, and therefore I'm always in the bathroom. I feel like people are going to know I'm pregnant just by the number of times I'm running to the bathroom!

Maybe these differences mean this baby will be a girl this time around! I hope so!

Oh, and this is going to be really gross.. but did anyone else notice with their pregnancies that they stink more down there? I get in bed at night, and even with the blankets on me I can still smell myself (and DH can too, so it's not just my super-nose). I'm going to have to start taking 2 showers/day or something.
Noah Jacob
Born Aug 16, 2008, 2:34am, 8lb 9oz, 20in

Levi Anton
Born Feb 23, 2011, 11:28am, 8lb 8oz, 20.25in

ImageImageImage
rleash
Angel
Angel

Postby mpwife » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:21 pm

Hope you're able to come home soon Carnelian! :hb:

rleash - CONGRATS! :jump: I don't think I ever had a heightened sense of smell while prego w/ Layla, but my SIL had it really bad w/ all 3 of her girls. :wink: I know what you mean about stinking. :oops: When I was prego w/ Layla, I had to shave A LOT b/c it seemed like the smell would get trapped in the hair and it was so disgusting. I hated it. It was def a pregnancy thing, though. I haven't had the problem since. :?
mpwife
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby missnita » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:17 am

<b>Congrats rleash!!!</b>

That's amazing news! How far along are you?

& as for the odor issue, I'm def. having it here. I didn't have this problem with Oliver at all, so I was a little shocked, hehe. I'm dreading any sort of internal exam w/ my doctor. It seems so bad that even a couple of hours after showering it has infiltrated my nether regions, hehe. Plus with it being summer...not fun. I also have a LOT of slightly yellow-tinged ewcm, which I didn't have with Oliver. This pg has just been heaps of fun, lol.

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups