August 08 Mamas, ~~part 2~~

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby rleash » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Nita, I'm only 5 weeks. It hasn't really sunk in yet that I'm pregnant. I guess because the last time I was, every part of my body was swollen and huge in the end, and I still feel so normal now.

My beta came back for 19dpo, and it was 1800! I know betas can be anywhere across the board, but that seems high to me. There soooo better not be multiples in there, or I will totally freak out!! I'm having another test Monday (because of the m/c last time, I have many more betas to come), so we'll see how fast it's doubling.
Noah Jacob
Born Aug 16, 2008, 2:34am, 8lb 9oz, 20in

Levi Anton
Born Feb 23, 2011, 11:28am, 8lb 8oz, 20.25in

ImageImageImage
rleash
Angel
Angel

Postby Carnelian » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:54 am

Hi Girls

Thanks so much for Liam's birthday wishes and for thinking of me in Hospital.

I missed Liam's birthday and felt really sad and that I had let him down but Miles still bought him in to see me which was good. I did actually have a birthday party for him with our weekly coffee group the day before I went into labor so he didn't completely miss out.
I made an Elmo cake for him as he's TOTALLY into Elmo, Ernie & Bert at the moment.
I went into labor at just over 29 weeks and it was very scary.
Thanks Anita for updating the girls here :D

I was allowed home after about 3-4 days on complete bedrest but since then have graduated to modified bed rest. Basically I just have to take it very easy and not lift Liam if I can help it or do too much bending etc....
It could still happen any day but at least I've had the steriod shots now and baby is on it's way to 32 weeks so much better outcome than originally.

Rleash - Congratulations on the BFP. Your numbers sound great. I never had the odour thing down below but I've heard it can be quite common.

Beth - LOVE your new siggy pics. Layla is just gorgeous.

Anita - how are you feeling? It's definitely more tiring the second time round isn't it!

MK- Peter is just gorgeous. What a handsome little guy. How are the allergies/reflux going?

Hi to everyone else.
:D

Just editing to add a pic Miles took the other day. :-)

LIAM EDWIN born 24 June 2008 at 33 weeks !!
BFP from FET #1 on 21 Dec 09. Beta 275/703
[img]
[url=http://lilypie.com]Image

Carnelian
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby libby050808 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:53 pm

Not been on in a while but just wanted to say how CUTE that picture is and how cool your wee guy is, Carnelian! Ongoing congratulations to all the preggos, and can't believe all the original ones are hitting 2! My brother is getting married the day after Elliott's birthday (Friday the 13th - he got a big discount...), so we're heading from Glasgow to London for that, and taking him to London Zoo for his birthday. What has everyone else got planned?
DS August 2008
1 cat, 1 overenergetic cocker spaniel. Lost our beautiful Fisher cat 1/10/12
Missed miscarriage Jul 2011
Chemical pregnancies Sept and Dec 2011
DD 1st February 2013
libby050808
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rleash » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:45 am

So far, this pregnancy is completely different than the last! I felt great all through my pregnancy with Noah. This time I'm SOOO tired! I've been sleeping 11 hours at night, plus taking a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon when Noah naps, and I'm STILL exhausted! You'd think I was 8 months pregnant already!

I also have headaches, dizziness, m/s, mood swings, no appetite, you name it. Oh I can't wait for the 2nd tri already!

Carnelian, that IS an adorable picture! I may have to copy your idea when I'm further along :) Maybe make a Christmas card out of it or something. :)
Noah Jacob
Born Aug 16, 2008, 2:34am, 8lb 9oz, 20in

Levi Anton
Born Feb 23, 2011, 11:28am, 8lb 8oz, 20.25in

ImageImageImage
rleash
Angel
Angel

Postby sc_ttc » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:00 pm

Congrats rleash on your bfp! it sure is different the second time around.

Carnelian - welcome back, hope you make it longer and take it easy. It's definitely easier said then done. My Eddie sure is a handful and sometimes he just wants to be held up. My belly is pretty big and will be 36 weeks this Sunday. I sometimes feel like I'll go into labor early because of Eddie. Love the belly kissing pic by the way, we tried it with Eddie and he only does it when the camera is not ready. :?

MPwife - lovely pics of Layla!

missnita - you have plenty of time to decide if you're in for 3rd child, a baby girl. Best of wishes! I'm too old for 3rd :)

MK - Peter is beautiful! I just can't imagine how this baby is going to look like, that's what's consuming my mind lately.

I'm just 3 1/2 weeks away from sched. c-section (Aug. 2nd), counting down the days... my back can't wait another week, but for schedule of help between my mom and in-laws, need to wait till the scheduled day.
me - 35
dh - 36

Baby #1 Aug. 12, 2008
Baby #2 Aug 2, 2010

Best Buds!

sc_ttc
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby missnita » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:51 am

I had another u/s yesterday to check baby's heart, because I guess they didn't get everything they needed at the first u/s...I hope all is well, but it's hard to gauge by the response of the radiologist. Only time will tell. Baby is def. all boy, the tech. showed me the scrotum & the gigantic looking penis, lol.

So who is gearing up for their LO's big 2nd birthday? We're having a smaller scale party from last year, on August 7th. It will be slightly Yo Gabba Gabba themed. Oliver already has a bunch of YGG stuff & I'm going to get balloons & plates etc. in the YGG colors & prob. buy some toppers for the cake & call it a day, lol. I just want to have something semi-special for him, since it'll be his last party as an only child...not having a sibling pestering him to play with his toys or stealing the birthday attention ;)
ME - Anita: 31
DH - Patrick: 32
DS1 - Oliver: 2
DS2 - Eli: Born 10/22/10

Image Image
missnita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:38 am

Not sure if we'll be having a party for Nick's 2nd b-day ... depends if DH will be home during any weekends in August. He's back on the road and right now he's usually home Monday or Tuesday. So it all depends and most likely will be a last minute thing if at all. There's no way I'd want to do a party by myself with toddler and a baby to take care of while running around taking care of guests and chasing down their kids! :lol:
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Robynsegg2 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:40 pm

I wanted to jump on in here and say CONGRATULATIONS on all the pregnancies I see! Hope you are all enjoying it just as much or even more so than your first pregnancy!!!

Grifyn is doing well - he is becoming such a big boy. He today had a full day of no accidents and well on his way to being potty trained! We aren't doing anything too big for his second b-day but are doing a Toy Story "thene". He has a love hate relationship with the twins right now. He doesn't dare touch Olivia because she is going to kick is ass one day....but Gavin he likes to push over because he is a mommy's boy. At least I have one to snuggle with. Grifyn and Olivia could very well be twins their personalities are so the same.

I think that you should all post some pictures of your bellies!!!!
Me - Robyn 31, DW - Melissa 32

Robynsegg2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:09 pm

wow! can't believe how big the twins are!!!

don't have a picture of a belly since the belly's no long time gone but I do have two recent pics of both our little guys ...

this one we took for a swim diaper photo contest (which we didn't win but I love the picture!)
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GTLakeGirl » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:25 am

Hey girls! Wanted to jump on and see how everyone is doing! I am a week away from this little girls due date and SO ready for her to come already!! I forgot how hard the last few weeks of pregnancy can be...tired, hot, uncomfortable...Oh well, she will be here soon enough! I am trying so hard to go 'au naturale' this time so I didn't opt for the induction at 39 weeks. Now I am wondering what the heck I was thinking :lol:

Nita - I see in your siggy that you are planning on BF & CD this time around!! That is awesome :-) Let me know if you have any questions...Emmy was BF'd and CD and I plan to do the same with #2!

How is everyone else? Who is next to deliver on the baby train?
Kristen: 29
DH: 29
Two Sweet Little Girls!!
GTLakeGirl
Angel
Angel

Postby Bunny827 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:30 am

Hi Ladies, long time no see/speak!!! :hi: Life has been VERY hectic since we've been trying to sell our house and with me being pregnant and taking care of Liam. Things are going well though and I'm finally feeling better.... it seriously has been such a different pregnancy than w. Liam. I was so sick for so long and then had terrible sciatic nerve pain for which I've been doing physical therapy. I honestly have not enjoyed being pregnant this time around, but the outcome of another little boy will be well worth it!!! :D That being said, I definitely don't feel done and DH and I plan to have a third for sure. (Though I wasn't saying that while I was so sick!!! :wink: )

We just took Liam on a mini family trip to Sesame Place in Pennsylvania last week. It was such a blast and Liam was in heaven! He LOVES Sesame Street and got to meet all the characters, etc. THankfully, there were tons of water rides b/c it was 102 degrees outside!!! 8O As far as his birthday, I'm planning a much smaller party than last year. We'll just have family and it's going to be, what else, a Sesame Street theme!!! Haha. DH is hoping we can find an Elmo costume for his brother to dress up in for the kids too!!!

Question: I wasn't planning on starting any kind of potty training w. Liam until after the new baby comes (October) however, he has begun telling us each time he goes poop. I know that them being aware of when they are going to do it is a big step, but not sure if that means I should get a baby potty for him to try out. What are you all doing?????

Carnelian- Happy Birthday to Liam!!! Good luck finishing up your pregnancy and I hope that little one stays in for a while longer!

Rleash- Congrats on your new pregnancy!!! I hope all goes well for you!

Nita- How are you feeling?! Do you guys have names picked out yet?!

GtLake- Good luck to you!!! Can't believe it's so soon!!

Everyone else..... HELLO!!!! Hope you're all doing great!!! :D
DS 1 August 2008
DS 2 October 2010

Baby #3- Due October 2012
Bunny827
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby libby050808 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:05 pm

Saw on the boards (not that I'm dying to be back on there again or anything..) that GTLakeGirl had her little girl, Maclaren Elizabeth! Lots of congratulations again!
DS August 2008
DD 1st February 2013
libby050808
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:08 am

Taken from the September boards:

Carnelian 07/21/10 Finnegan Brae Dalton 33W4D. 6lb 5oz

CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you get to have your little one home soon!

and Congrats to GTLake!

... wow, all these babies coming and still more to come! :)
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby libby050808 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:48 am

Congrats carnelian, hope everything all goes ok and your wee guy is home with you soon!
DS August 2008
DD 1st February 2013
libby050808
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sc_ttc » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:35 pm

Wow, congratulations to GTLakeGirl and Carnelian!!!

I guess I'm next, but looks like my LO is gonna stick around till the c-sect date, Aug. 2nd. Just 1 1/2 weeks left and nothing "big" is happening aside from being tired and random contractions.
me - 35
dh - 36

Baby #1 Aug. 12, 2008
Baby #2 Aug 2, 2010

Best Buds!

sc_ttc
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups