Pg/Mommy at 35+, Part 13 (newbies welcome)

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Ellen828 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:10 am

I wanted to say hi to anyone who might still be reading here :hi: I hope everyone is ok. All is well with me. Bobby turned 2 1/2 yesterday. Time flies!
Me 44 DH 50
Trying since June 2005
7 cycles of comid
6 IUI w/injectibles
3 miscarriages
IVF #1 BFP!!!
Robert born 12/21/08!
IUI #7 5/28/09 BFN
Ellen828
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby bluedisc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi Everyone,
Hoping someone might still be out there and want to revive this group, or maybe set up again with a new bunch of over-35s:)
Brionne
Brionne 45, ds 9, dd 4, ds 3
(In the picture - ds 6, dd 2, ds 7 months)
BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluedisc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Hi Everyone,
Bumping this up as it only exists on the previous page right now....
Brionne
BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluedisc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Still bumping this up....
B
BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluedisc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:53 pm

Still bumping this up as it only exists on the previous page right now....
B
BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluedisc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Still bumping this up,
B
BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluedisc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Still bumping this up,
B
BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluedisc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:57 pm

Hi Everyone,
Just bumped this up as it only existed on the previous pages to page 12 before....
Hoping some of the ladies may still be wanting to get the thread going again, maybe also some new over-35s wanting to join.
Hoping things are going well for everyone,
Brionne
BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ellen828 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi Brionne! How are things with you? Nice to read you again! :D
Me 44 DH 50
Trying since June 2005
7 cycles of comid
6 IUI w/injectibles
3 miscarriages
IVF #1 BFP!!!
Robert born 12/21/08!
IUI #7 5/28/09 BFN
Ellen828
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby bluedisc » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:24 am

Hi Ellen,
Glad to see someone still on here.
How are you and little Robert getting along?
The little one are all doing well here.
Caelan is quite big now - he's nine - and has turned out to be really good at music - he's learning the keyboard and recorder right now, Zachy is talking like a five-year-old already but loves his cuddles, and Mayanne is a master builder in lego or blocks, and draws the most wonderful pictures.
I bet Robert is up to all sorts now.
What did you do fot Halloween?
Are you still trying too? Or decided not to?
It would be great to chat about our days with the small ones anyhow:)
Brionne
BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ellen828 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Brionne, I can't believe Caelan is 9. Time flies! Are the two little ones in preschool? Bobby goes three days a week for a few hours. He loves it. It's really his only interaction with other kids. We haven't made any friends yet in Orlando. I am hoping to get together with Wudgie and Cathy in the near future.

I want to start potty training Bobby. He hasn't shown much interest in it. Any suggestions?

We did a little trick or treating in the neigborhood. Bobby is really in to the super heroes so he went as Captain America. Our neighborhood is "the" place to go! Our neighbor a few doors down kept count and he had over 2300 kids come to the door. We ran out of candy by 7.

I really want to try for another. My DH isn't quite on board. I had some pre-IVF test taken last week and my results were all in the normal range. Not bad for being almost 45! :D
Me 44 DH 50
Trying since June 2005
7 cycles of comid
6 IUI w/injectibles
3 miscarriages
IVF #1 BFP!!!
Robert born 12/21/08!
IUI #7 5/28/09 BFN
Ellen828
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby bluedisc » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Hi Ellen,
Great to hear Bobby's doing so well. Amazing you have everything in the normal range too, maybe try to get your dh to see how much fun Bobby would have with a sibling. I'm closing in on 46 and wanted to try for a sister for Mayanne but not much chance of that with no man in the picture! Good luck with your dh changing his mind.
I can't even imagine....2000 plus kids coming to one door....that must have cost a fortune in candy! Mine just walked around the little bit where we live and came back with about two months' supply of candy, amazing how generous people are....and the kids that came to my door were all so well-behaved.
That's great that Bobby loves the superheroes, mine were quite happy to dress up like something out of Harry Potter....
.It is hard to make new friends in a new place. How long have you been there? We still don't know anyone as well as all that after a year and a half in the little town we moved to.
Mayanne and Zach are just home with me, learning their pre-school stuff at home but they have each other so they're never lonely. I think we'll end up moving again though as we're a bit like square pegs in round holes here in some ways.
What is Orlando like? It would definitely be so wonderful if you could meet up with Wudgie and Cathy.
With the potty training I just put all mine straight onto the toilet, using a step and a special seat. It's easier if you're at home than if you have to work part of the day, unless you get the carer to do things the way you would if you were there. It's easier when there's just one little child in the house and you can get a whole week with no disruption - that's been the toughest part for me this last year or so).
The best thing to do is just to be prepared to spend almost all day supervising your little one on the toilet/potty until they do the necessary. It can help to have some knitting or a good book handy, or whatever will help you endure sitting there for ages alongside your little one. I found Caelan really easy but Mayanne needed bribery - candy as rewards - before we finally got somewhere!
Zach used to do everything in the diaper standing up, so sitting down to do things was tough for him, he also didn't like being splashed by the water in the toilet - mine can all talk so much I get marvellous insights into toddler/preschool world:) He is still being trained at the moment and is doing well.
Do you go to Sunday school at the church - mine all go in at the moment. For some reason all the play places for toddlers have shut down in this town, and mothers just don't come visiting to each other's homes....modern madness or whatever....hoping you'll find some friendly people in your area soon.
Hoping things are going well with you,
Brionne
BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ellen828 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:00 am

Hi Brionne- Yes, Halloween was crazy but fun! I live a few miles from Disney so the hotels bus the kids on vacation to our town for trick or treating.

I have the potty that has steps that attaches to a toilet. Maybe it will be easier when he is on break from preschool. I haven't been consisent enough since we are always on the go.

It is really hard meeting people. I joined a few groups on meetup.com but haven't attended any meetings yet. We have some great neighborhood parks that always have kids in them so we are lucky that way.

I met again with my Dr. yesterday and he was surprised how good my numbers are. He said he has a patient 55 who is still ovulating. And there is a women that lives down the street from me who had an unexpected pregnancy at 50! They had retired already so it was really a life change. :D

He doesn't go to Sunday school yet because the programs start at 4. Do your kids like it?

Where are you thinking of moving to?
Me 44 DH 50
Trying since June 2005
7 cycles of comid
6 IUI w/injectibles
3 miscarriages
IVF #1 BFP!!!
Robert born 12/21/08!
IUI #7 5/28/09 BFN
Ellen828
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby bluedisc » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:12 am

Hi Ellen,
Sorry to be a while getting back.
I think you're right that the preschool break will be the best time. I managed to get Zachy 99% of the way there lately due to finding a ten day gap with no other commitments. He is now at the stage where he does all the solids in the toilet, and can manage the liquids unless he's asleep or we're out a long time (diaper put on only at those times and at night). He's now also confident enough to sit on the actual toilet without the trainer seat, and to use the toilet in restaurants etc so hopefully he'll be just in the diaper at night soon. None of mine have been dry at night before the age of 4 or 5 so I don't try to push that as I was also late to achieve that myself:)
The children love the Sunday school, if you can find one you and they like, I can recommend it.
Sadly I have the same problem connecting as you do - most people are either too busy working, or spend too much time rushing from one activity to another with their children. I think the children would prefer to just get together and have some free play, to be honest, but I don't think most mothers these days get that. Hopefully one day they will.
I haven't made any firm decision on where to go yet, a job in future, could have me moving nearly anywhere, I suppose, but for now,m I have a hope of selling where I am and getting back out into the countryside. I want somewhere where I can keep a social life etc going for the children, but aside from that, I'm not too worried where it will be. After all the problems, their father only has telephone access, so that really won't be affected by anywhere we go.
I hope you manage to get together there with other mothers and children more, let me know if you ever want to visit Ireland - you'd be very welcome.
Florida sounds like a great place to live, especially for children with Disney etc, did you get to take Robert yet? Are you and your dh staying permanently, or just as a phase in his career right now? I so envy you for the weather:)
Your doctor sounds like a really optimistic, positive person. I hope you get a sibling for Robert after all - it sounds like one could appear naturally if you're lucky.
Here Mayanne is trying to teach herself to write, so it looks like that will be the next thing for us on our preschool time together.
Got to go as Caelan has nearly finished his music practise,
Brionne
BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ellen828 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:13 pm

Brionne,

Florida has been nice so far. I am not sure if we are here forever. For awhile I guess. I do take Bobby to Disney. I have a season pass and he is free until he is 3. We went today for 2 hours and then he is ready to come home. My DH has been out of town since September so we have a lot of free time together. They have 4 different parks, 2 water parks and a large video arcade. So when we are looking for something to do we pick one to go to. The weather is nice, 80 today.

Most kids don't seem to do free play anymore. There are a few toddlers in the park but not many older kids. I have a friend that has a 10 year old and she keeps him busy all the time with classes and sports camp. He is very smart and the school wanted him in the advanced classes. They had him take a test but he can't pass Creativity. I guess he doesn't have enough free time just to use his imagination.

Are your children in any classes? I think I am going to sign Bobby up for swim lessons when he is 3. Being in Florida he really needs to know how to swim.

You were thinking of coming to the US a few months ago for a visit. Are you still thinking about it? That would be great.
Me 44 DH 50
Trying since June 2005
7 cycles of comid
6 IUI w/injectibles
3 miscarriages
IVF #1 BFP!!!
Robert born 12/21/08!
IUI #7 5/28/09 BFN
Ellen828
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

PreviousNext