Pg/Mommy at 35+, Part 13 (newbies welcome)

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby bluedisc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:49 pm

Hi Ellen,
Glad Florida has been pretty good for you so far. I bet Bobby won't want to leave when he can go to Disney so often! What's his favourite thing over there? Swimming will be great for him.
I think you're right about the boy who couldn't pass Creativity. I think every one of mine would pass something like that:) The ideas they have.... I expect the busy boy would get better marks for discipline though!
Caelan has been to quite a few classes and just fun things too but the younger ones aren't going yet. You'll find some things suit your child better than others and you sometimes need to change things to suit them.
I did get to go to the States a while back but my friend couldn't get over here (no passport for her baby and a tight budget), maybe later on.
Now I have a tighter budget too, but would be able to manage a short trip. I've never been to Florida and it would be lovely to take the children to see Disney and see you and hopefully some of the other ladies in Florida too.
I think you would love to see Ireland too one day.
I hope you don't get too lonely there when your husband is away working, where does he go?
Over here the children and I are starting to make things for Christmas, they made Christmas lists already for Santa (Caelan wrote down what the little ones wanted).
How early do you start that in your house?
It must be nearly Thanksgiving with you, hoping you enjoy that, will you be travelling for that or maybe having family over?
Brionne
Brionne 45, ds 9, dd 4, ds 3
(In the picture - ds 6, dd 2, ds 7 months)
BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluedisc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi Ellen,
Glad Florida has been pretty good for you so far. I bet Bobby won't want to leave when he can go to Disney so often! What's his favourite thing over there? Swimming will be great for him.
I think you're right about the boy who couldn't pass Creativity. I think every one of mine would pass something like that:) The ideas they have.... I expect the busy boy would get better marks for discipline though!
Caelan has been to quite a few classes and just fun things too but the younger ones aren't going yet. You'll find some things suit your child better than others and you sometimes need to change things to suit them.
I did get to go to the States a while back but my friend couldn't get over here (no passport for her baby and a tight budget), maybe later on.
Now I have a tighter budget too, but would be able to manage a short trip. I've never been to Florida and it would be lovely to take the children to see Disney and see you and hopefully some of the other ladies in Florida too.
I hope you don't get too lonely there when your husband is away working, where does he go?
Over here the children and I are starting to make things for Christmas, they made Christmas lists already for Santa (Caelan wrote down what the little ones wanted).
It must be nearly Thanksgiving with you, hoping you enjoy that, will you be travelling for that or maybe having family over?
Brionne
Ellen828

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:13 am Post subject:
Brionne,

Florida has been nice so far. I am not sure if we are here forever. For awhile I guess. I do take Bobby to Disney. I have a season pass and he is free until he is 3. We went today for 2 hours and then he is ready to come home. My DH has been out of town since September so we have a lot of free time together. They have 4 different parks, 2 water parks and a large video arcade. So when we are looking for something to do we pick one to go to. The weather is nice, 80 today.

Most kids don't seem to do free play anymore. There are a few toddlers in the park but not many older kids. I have a friend that has a 10 year old and she keeps him busy all the time with classes and sports camp. He is very smart and the school wanted him in the advanced classes. They had him take a test but he can't pass Creativity. I guess he doesn't have enough free time just to use his imagination.

Are your children in any classes? I think I am going to sign Bobby up for swim lessons when he is 3. Being in Florida he really needs to know how to swim.

You were thinking of coming to the US a few months ago for a visit. Are you still thinking about it? That would be great.
bluedisc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:12 pm Post subject:
BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluedisc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi Ellen,
Brionne
Ellen828

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:13 am Post subject:
Brionne,

Florida has been nice so far. I am not sure if we are here forever. For awhile I guess. I do take Bobby to Disney. I have a season pass and he is free until he is 3. We went today for 2 hours and then he is ready to come home. My DH has been out of town since September so we have a lot of free time together. They have 4 different parks, 2 water parks and a large video arcade. So when we are looking for something to do we pick one to go to. The weather is nice, 80 today.

Most kids don't seem to do free play anymore. There are a few toddlers in the park but not many older kids. I have a friend that has a 10 year old and she keeps him busy all the time with classes and sports camp. He is very smart and the school wanted him in the advanced classes. They had him take a test but he can't pass Creativity. I guess he doesn't have enough free time just to use his imagination.

Are your children in any classes? I think I am going to sign Bobby up for swim lessons when he is 3. Being in Florida he really needs to know how to swim.

You were thinking of coming to the US a few months ago for a visit. Are you still thinking about it? That would be great.
bluedisc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:12 pm Post subject:
BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluedisc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi,
Bumping this up over and over as page 13 has appeared before there are any messages to put in it!
Look back to page 12 for actual message:)
Brionne
BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluedisc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:02 pm

HI,
Bumping up again to try to cure the page problem, actual message on page 12,
Brionne
BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluedisc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi,
Bumping this up over and over as page 13 has appeared before there are any messages to put in it!
Brionne

Hi,
Brionne

Hi,
Brionne

Hi,
Brionne

BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluedisc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi,
Trying to bumo this up again on to empty page 13....actual message on Page 12....I'll move it on to this page.
Sorry for all this multiple posting!!
Brionne
Last edited by bluedisc on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluedisc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi Ellen,
Brionne

BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ellen828 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:41 pm

Hi Brionne,

That would be great if you made it to Florida some day. There is a lot to do here. A tww get together with the ladies here would be fun!

They start putting Christmas stuff in the stores a few days before Halloween. It seems to get earlier every year. I haven't put up my decorations yet. I probably will this week. My town has a Christmas celebration that goes on every night all month. They have horse and train rides that go by my house. I really should decorate soon so it looks festive for everyone.

Do you have plans for Christmas? What do you usually do for the kids birthdays? Bobby has one in December and the first two years we had family with us. This year it will be just us and I feel bad it won't be more fun. This is the first year he really knows it's his birthday and he is all excited.
Me 44 DH 50
Trying since June 2005
7 cycles of comid
6 IUI w/injectibles
3 miscarriages
IVF #1 BFP!!!
Robert born 12/21/08!
IUI #7 5/28/09 BFN
Ellen828
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby bluedisc » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:24 pm

Hi Ellen,
Sorry to have taken a while to get back to you, we've been very busy the last week, I expect it's been the same with you.
One of these days I do hope to get down to Florida and try getting together with you and the tww ladies, great fun as you say, and, of course, the little ones are so keen on the idea of going to Disneyland.
The horse and train rides sound like great fun. Do you go on them sometimes? You should tell us some more about Christmas festivities where you are - Caelan is getting very starry-eyed just thinking about all the special things you have going on over there!
We have some of the decorating done, and some of the neighbours have also made a start, but I think most people won't be spending too much this year. I can only guess at how magical it's starting to look in your neighbourhood right now.
It will really be just the children and I for Christmas here too, a family meal, presents, watching Christmas things on TV, going out in the snow if there is any in the holidays. There aren't many children in our area sadly, but the park is also fun if it turns sunny. We'll go up to the church too.
For birthdays we'll have a party or a meal out, and the presents, sometimes we can get some party guests, but not every time.
I bet Bobby will think his birthday goes great just if he has you and anything special at all. It really is great to see their eyes lighting up when they get what's going on.
BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ellen828 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:39 pm

Hi Brionne- Things are starting to get crazy here! I had family come visit for a week. I guess when you live in Florida family and friends like to come vist more often!

I'll post some pictures of our town this week. Every night they have "snow" fall. It's really soap suds but Bobby thinks it's really snow. :D He has a wild time in it. They cover the street in the snow so it's looks like the real stuff. It's really fun to watch.

I would love to see pictures of the area where you live. I really hope to make over there some day. I bet it is so beautiful.

For Bobby's birthday this week I am taking him to a character breakfast at one of the theme parks. It will be with the Dr. Suess characters. He really like the books now so it should be fun. I think the Grinch will be there too.

Are your kids getting excited for Christmas? Have they asked for anything special? I really wish Bobby had a sibling to share Christmas with. Did you read on the ttc side Cathy is pregnant with twins?! I am so happy for her! How wonderful it would be to have 5 children. :D It was always my dream to have at least 4. I guess because I come from a family of four children.

I'll post pictures soon!
Me 44 DH 50
Trying since June 2005
7 cycles of comid
6 IUI w/injectibles
3 miscarriages
IVF #1 BFP!!!
Robert born 12/21/08!
IUI #7 5/28/09 BFN
Ellen828
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby bluedisc » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi Ellen,
Wonderful to hear back from you before the holidays. How is Bobby's toilet training going? Ready for Christmas without diapers?
It sounds magical where you live at the moment. The children there must love it. Poor Bobby - everywhere else would probably be a big disappointment if you move away later on! The Dr Suess theme park sounds great, how many different theme parks do you have over there?!
That's wonderful news about Cathy, she must be so excited, and a little nervous about twins again at the same time. Her little ones look on good form.
I would have loved to have four too, a little sister for Mayanne would have been so nice.
Are you still close with your family? It must have been lovely to have been one of four children.
Where we live must be so boring compared to where you are. We're just in a very small Irish town, but it does have lakes and nice countryside on the doorstep. My camera's not working right now, and I'm not good at getting the pictures off the digital cameras. How do you do it?
You're probably too busy with the festivities to be reading this now, and with having family over too. I hope everything goes really well and you all have a great time. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!
The children are very excited here and looking forward to their presents. They have some pretty cool stuff so I expect they'll be busy until they finally get used to it all - probably a good time to put some outgrown toys away in the attic and off to the second-hand store. Here the main sales start in the stores just after Christmas, so the shopping never seems to stop at this time of year. My grandmother used to buy all the presents for the year ahead on Jan 1st!
Brionne
BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Unique37 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Happy New Year ladies :D
Vanessa (42)
Single & free!
Unique37

Postby bluedisc » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:45 am

Hi Ellen and Vanessa,
Happy New Year to you both and anyone else looking in.
I hope Christmas and New Year went well for you both.
We had a pretty quiet time here, but it all went well.
Vanessa - I saw you were single again and wonder what your hopes and dreams are at the moment. Are you still in Canada, or back in the UK - you might be near enough for a visit over here to Ireland one of these days,
Brionne
BFP 19th April 2010

bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ellen828 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:11 pm

Vanessa- It's so nice to read you again. I've been wondering how you were. I saw your signature. I hope you are doing well. Please stick around...we would love to have you here with us!

Brionne- I hope you and the kids had a wonderful Christmas. How did you spend the holiday? Things have finally calmed down here. I'm posting a few pictures taken Christmas Eve of my downtown which is about two blocks from my house.

Bobby playing in the fountain.

There are little alligators in the lake.

The "fake" snow is soap suds the kids play in at night. An ice skating rink was set up.

My DH finally agreed to another IVF because we found a clinic that was very reasonable in price. I just found out on Friday that my insurance no longer pays for the medication which is an additional $4300. Now I am not sure he will go along. And to top that I turn 45 on Tuesday. I am pretty bummed. Everyone tells me it is so dangerous trying to have a baby "so old" and the odds are against me. :(
Me 44 DH 50
Trying since June 2005
7 cycles of comid
6 IUI w/injectibles
3 miscarriages
IVF #1 BFP!!!
Robert born 12/21/08!
IUI #7 5/28/09 BFN
Ellen828
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

PreviousNext