**--~~ June Bugs - born in 2009, pt. 9~~--**

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Sparkley » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:38 pm

Happy New Year ladies. I truly wish you all the very best for the New Year. Thank you for another fabulous year of friendship.

Carisa, I am pleased you had a good Christmas. Adelie sounds so cute!
I really hope you get some answers about your health, and hope all is well. I do think the pill can really mess things up. I know it always took a while for my cycles to settle down after coming off it.

Laura, how are you all?

I'm looking forward to things returning to normal. Have had a wonderful Christmas, loved spending time with my DH and the children, but miss the routine we have. Also I have ate so bad, I actually feel sick at the thought of anymore food now. I took the tree down today, and tried to rearrange all of our toys etc. I really need to sort through what we have, and throw some out, and give some to charity.

Xx
Sparkley
Addicted
Addicted

Postby delphinium » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:49 am

Happy 2011!! I think this year will be a great one for us! We really had a fantastic Xmas and a nice night on New Years. We went over to our neighbors with the monitor and had drinks with them. It's funny, even though they are in their late 70s we had a really good time! Then we came back and had a very late fondue dinner and watched the ball drop, was fun.

I hear you Karen on getting things back to normal. I ate and am still kinda eating WAY too much. We still have cookies around and such and I'll be glad when they are gone! I think Adelie is getting used to having a cookie after dinner lol. But last night was my first night of the 30 day shred so I'm hoping that will make me feel better.

Not much new to report. Adelie and I are going to do a transition day at her new daycare tomorrow, just two hours where I stay in the room and watch her play with the other kids. Then Tuesday we stay until lunch and then Wednesday we stay until after nap time. I think Adelie is excited about it, whenever I mention school she says 'kids!', she misses being around kids. For the month of Janurary shes just going to go on Tues and Thurs while I apply for the job with DH. I have to say I'm looking forward to a little time to myself to finish unpacking and organizing some of the things we just haven't had time to get done in the house.

Hi Laura! Hope you had a good new years!
Me-33 (Carisa) DH-38 DD- 2 in June!<div>Image</div>
delphinium
Angel
Angel

Postby imdesired » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:08 am

HI, girls!! Today is the last day with the fam. :( My girls go back to school tomorrow, and dh goes back to work.
we've had such a great holiday. All home and together. I took Gabi sledding yesterday, and she hated it. She really hates the snow, she doesn't even like to walk in it!!
Definitely my child. LOL!!!

Carisa - That's awesome you had such a great time with the neighbors!! I love awesome people like that. I'm so glad you're in a good neighborhood! How exciting you're going back to work!! I hope things go good with Adelie and daycare!

Karen - I adore your holiday photos!! Looks like you alll had such a great time. I hear you on decluttering. Last night I was cleaning so hard like I was nesting. I'm sick of it all. I need this house clean too!!
I feel awkward asking them why they don't come here either. :dunno: I guess because I feel like they should just come and check anwyay to see if there is any talk. But, it is what it is.
I hope you're doing great!

xxoo -- I'm going to clean out my pantry today, and put all the laundry I did yesterday away. Talk to you girls soon!
Laura -

Twin boys -
Samuel and Elijah
Born May 2, 2012 at 36 weeks 2 days
7.0lbs and 6.15
imdesired
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sparkley » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:28 pm

Hi ladies

Well, my house is looking cleaner, and today I am back on the weight loss wagon. I put on 6lbs over Christmas! My jeans are so tight. I cant believe I put on so much in such a short space of time. Oh well. I enjoyed it :D
Ryan returns back to school tomorrow. I'll really miss his company, and I know Jasmine will too. He's so much fun right now, coming on in leaps and bounds at the moment.

Carisa, I am glad you enjoyed your New Year celebrations. You know, I really enjoy the company of older people sometimes!
Hows the Shred going? I did this last year, I dont think I got to do the full 30 days. I kinda got bored with it and somedays I just didnt find the time, which is ridiculous really.
How did it go with Adelie at daycare?

Laura, I hear you, today is our last day together too, then back to normality. I love us all being together too, and not living by our watch etc.
Gabi sounds like Jasmine regarding the snow. Yes, same here - like mother, like daughter. I dont like going out in it either. So pretty to look at, but thats all.
I guess I feel sad about the others, thought we were close, and enjoyed hearing about each others families. I dont tend to use many forums and got close to you all. Its silly really.

Have a good week anyway girls. I seem on top of my housework. Tomorrow I'll have a lazy day with Jasmine I think.

Xx
Sparkley
Addicted
Addicted

Postby imdesired » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:40 pm

awww, Karen... It's not silly. The only one that really pisses me off is Miranda. We were good friends with her, and she basically threw us out like the trash.. :-/ Ridiculous... She treated us like we all were nobody to her, and nothing... or we just met or something.
I dont' know why Becca doesn't at least check here? She is online a lot, and Meg only checks online during the late evening hours? :dunno:
Who knows- but at least you're still here! :hb:
I'm glad your house is cleaner, and I'm with you on the weight loss... I hope I can get pg this month.. we'll see I guess..
Gl to us!

Geno is giving Gabi a bath right now, and then we're going to watch some television... Going to relax!

Have a great night!! xoxo
Laura -

Twin boys -
Samuel and Elijah
7.0lbs and 6.15
imdesired
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby delphinium » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:39 am

Hey girls!

Karen, glad your house is looking good. Wish mine would! We just got rid of our tree and packed up most of the xmas decorations yesterday. I've got to mop our kitchen floor but have no idea how, any advice on cleaning a hardwood floor?? Yep, on day 3 of the 30 day shred, Jillian is NOT messing around! But honestly, it's one of the best parts of my day since it really feels like I'm doing something for myself even if it's painful! I hate how I gain weight, all in the hips and thighs, ugh. But weight gain over the holidays is okay, you're supposed to kick back and have fun, right?!!

Laura, yeah, I really wish Meg and Becca would come check every once in a while. I wonder if they still do?? Hey if you are reading this you guys just say hello! Miranda just up and disappeared, sad... Funny about Gabi not liking snow, she's like her momma! She looks so cute though all bundled up! Adelie is not a huge fan either but likes to watch me throw snowballs for the dog. All our snow melted this past weekend, weird to see the grass again!

The transition to daycare is going pretty well. Adelie seems to really like it. Today we stayed for three hours and once she was settled in I left the room and hung out with other moms in the parents lounge. They have a fantastic indoor playground which Adelie loves to climb all over and ride the little cars around. It was so cute, they have a two way mirror you can look into the class room and I watched as she ate the lunch I packed for her, she did so good sitting at the table with all the other kids! First time she's eaten at a little table like that!

Laura, where are you in your cycle? I just finished my period so we are going to start trying. I REALLY would love to get pregnant this month! But wow, my last cycle was long and the cycle before was short so I have no clue when I'm going to ovulate at all and the OPKs are tough to figure out!
delphinium
Angel
Angel

Postby imdesired » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:44 pm

Carisa - I'm so glad things are going good with daycare! So cute throwing snowballs at the dog. I think Gabi would like that! LOL
I'm CD 22, and I don't know if I O'd this cycle, or missed it. OPK's are a pain to figure out.. I was either suppose to get a bfp on opk either yesterday or today - We'll see today...

AFM - I'm so irritable lately. :-/ I hate it. I'm starting to hate the way I'm acting.. I think even Gabi picks up on it, and does some annoying things as part of it - like throwing things, and laughing, and climbing...
sigh.. I need to get a grip, and knock it off. I think my thyroid might be off - Im going to put a call into my Dr. to have it checked.
Laura -

Twin boys -
Samuel and Elijah
7.0lbs and 6.15
imdesired
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sparkley » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:32 pm

Laura,
I'm feeling abit rubbish lately as well. Maybe its this time of year?! I seem like everything is getting to me at the moment, very uptight etc.
I really hope you start to feel yourself again soon. Maybe you should get checked over. Could it be TTC affecting your moods? I know I was always up and down with TTC. (Hugs to you lovely lady!)

Carisa, I'm glad you're getting into the Shred. I used to laugh at Jillians comments. I think after a few weeks the novelty wore off and I started using the Cross Trainer instead (which is packed away, as Jasmine kept climbing on it)
I dont have hardwood floors, though I think you can get hardwood floor cleaners which you would use with a mop and clean as you would your kitchen floor. Have a look next time you go grocery shopping, I'm sure you'll find something suitable.

I really hope you both get BFPs soon, couldnt wish it for nicer people.

Jasmine sleeping is so bad right now, I am so drained. She wakes in the night and crawls all of me shouting for milky. Laura does Gabi still co-sleep with you?

It would be nice if Becca and Megan etc could still pop in, I doubt they are reading though? Its strange as I still check forums, becomes a habit.

Xx
Sparkley
Addicted
Addicted

Postby delphinium » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Laura, I am having irritability issues too and feeling down. And Adelie totally plays off it, the worse mood I'm in, the worse she behaves. It could be the time of year but IDK, I've been feeling it for a while and I feel more tired too. Combined with the weird cycles and hair loss I thought for sure it's my thyroid but just today I talked with my doc and he said all the blood tests came back normal and he checked the thyroid and other vitamins. Now all he wants me to do is take biotin for my hair loss and said it's just the stress of moving (though that doesn't explain the weird cycles since I came off the pill back in June). If you think it might be your thyroid though it's super easy to check, just go ask your doc to run the blood test. I hope you feel better soon, it's really no fun is it?... And TTC makes things more stressful when it isn't happening. But there's still hope for this month, I ovulated really late last month, maybe you haven't yet? I just got the clear blue easy monitor with 20 test strips and am starting them today, cd6.

Karen, sorry Jasmine isn't sleeping well. Is she sick or teething? I am so impressed you co-sleep. When I tried it with Adelie when she was a newborn I was too scared to sleep thinking I would hurt her and every noise or movement jolted me awake. I was such a nervous wreck at the beginning omg! I'd love to snuggle with Adelie in bed these days but she's just too busy for that. Did Ryan do well with going back to school or was it hard for him? Ha, yes, Jillians comments are pretty funny, 'your neck's not invited to this party!' when I'm doing the abs circuit is my favorite line!
delphinium
Angel
Angel

Postby imdesired » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:02 pm

Carisa - that's interesting you've felt this way too! I think I felt this way last year at this time, and I thought it was because I cut off all my hair (stupid, and vein I know) but, seriously...
I think it might be wintertime.. I hate it.
Either way I emailed my Dr. and went and had a blood draw today, so I'm anxious to hear the news on that. I'll KUP
Laura -

Twin boys -
Samuel and Elijah
7.0lbs and 6.15
imdesired
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby imdesired » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:06 pm

Well, I can't use that excuse anymore.. ;/ My thyroid is fine! It's 3.65 or something....

So.... Time to get my shit in gear! I'm considering getting a gym membership or something to get out of the house, and work out...

I need to come out of this funk, and I'm pretty sure that 99% of it is the darn winter. We're just so outdoor kidn of people, and get out all the time, I loathe the cold and winter!!!
Also, I think all the OPK'ing and stress was getting to me. I don't think I O'd this month (didn't get a clear + OPK) and I'm not doing them anymore.. I'm done opk'ing.
So, we'll see what happens! I was googling, and I guess some people have not gotten a bfp OPK and still end up PG.

Anyway, Miss you girls! xoxo
Laura -

Twin boys -
Samuel and Elijah
7.0lbs and 6.15
imdesired
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sparkley » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi girls,

I've felt so unmotivated all week. I've not even got dressed properly somedays. I think the come down after Christmas and New Year is to blame, as well as this awful weather. I've got lots planned for next week though, so I have no excuse to hybernate indoors.

Carisa, let me know how you get on with your hair loss. Mine is so thin now and comes out in clumps. Maybe it was my poor diet. I'm eating more healthier as of this week, but eating more food than ever (of the good stuff) I'm hoping that will help.
TBH I would like my own space now in bed with Jasmine. As a baby she slept in a Snuggle Nest, so I always felt she was safe. I co-slept with Ryan too. In our country they promote co-sleeping with breast feeding, the midwifes are quick to help show the correct positions and give you guidelines etc. My mum co-slept with me and my sibs too, so felt at ease by it you know.

Laura, ahh what OPK's are you using? the only reliable ones for me where the Clearblue digitals with the smiley face. Any other was just a waste of time. Maybe give it a go, you know. They are pricey, and sometimes I've needed to buy two boxes to carry me over a longer period than that they recommend. TTC is stressful though, no two ways about it.
Going to the gym sounds a good idea. I still think its this rubbish weather though and time of year. I'll blame anything on the weather ;-)

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Xxx
Sparkley
Addicted
Addicted

Postby delphinium » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:30 pm

Hey girls!

Well Laura, atleast you don't have to worry about being hypo or hyperthyroid and taking meds for that. I was relieved to find my blood tests were normal too but then what the heck is wrong with me? I agree, winter is tough when you can't go outside much and atleast here in Cleveland the sun is practically nonexistant. I do think exercise will help tons. I've started the 30day shred video and it does make me feel so much better. I'm also thinking of joining a bunko group which is a dice game that a group of women here in town play once a month but mostly it's for the socializing. IDK, I think I just need to do more 'me' time maybe.

Karen, yeah, I feel the same let down after the holidays. TBH I didn't take all the decorations down just cause I love them so. Our mantle is still decorated as well as a doorframe in our living room lol. I think I'll just get some Valentine's decorations and do up our table to take the place and still be festive. Will you try to move Jasmine to a crib then? When did Ryan move to a bed?

Adelie had her first day of daycare without me on Thursday. It was so weird, when I got home I started crying and felt so lonely without her! But it was good, i was able to finish my CV and apply to the job at my DHs laboratory. We had a great day together today playing outside, with her kitchen and train set. It's been nice, I've been trying to get dinner together so we can all sit at the table and I think Adelie really enjoys eating with us.

On the TTC front, I got a positive OPK on cd7 which is super super early. I'm really looking forward to going to the gynocologist on Tuesday so I can figure out if anything is wrong. I was so regular before I had Adelie, we got pregnant in 2 months of trying and it's so hard to think it'll happen when my cycle is now so messed up. I was really hoping Adelie would have a sibling close in age and I definitely want to have atleast two kids. Sometimes I feel kind of like a failure that my body seems to be messed up.... Yep, I'm in a funk!
delphinium
Angel
Angel

Postby delphinium » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:11 am

Guess we are pretty much done here but just wanted to pop in and say I miss you both! I think you both saw my news on the FB page. I'm going to the endocrinologist tomorrow to figure out why I am hypothyroid and I hope it won't take much to get my thyroid working normal again.

Hope you are doing well and keeping warm. It's cold and so snowy here!

xoxox,
Carisa
delphinium
Angel
Angel

Postby imdesired » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:43 am

I miss you both too!! LOL

There's just something in me that doesn't wnat to give you two up!! - Even though we talk a lot on our FB group! heehehhee

I hope you get it all straight, Carisa. I know I was able to pretty easy.

Karen... Miss you!! <3
Laura -

Twin boys -
Samuel and Elijah
7.0lbs and 6.15
imdesired
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups