**--~~ June Bugs - born in 2009, pt. 9~~--**

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Sparkley » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi girls

I promise I am not done here! I'll never be done.

I've had such a week, have been taking Jasmine out most days to toddler groups, as tbh she is going through a horrible stage where she bursts into tears if she cant have her own way. She's quite clingy too in wanting to be fed lots at night. I'm not sure what it could be? You know though, I've been fretting abit, thinking has she got something wrong, like Ryan, as her speech is so behind. I dont care if she is just delayed, but I worry theres more to it. I've just done a checklist online for Autism and it doesnt point in that direction, even though I didnt feel it was. I think having Ryan with his problems has just knocked me, I'm not like other mums, I enjoy and love my children but I'm never at ease. At these toddler groups I have been totally looking at the children her age, watching them, and panicking that their speech and concentration levels are better than Jasmines. At home Jasmines concentration isnt a concern, but at these groups she's flitting about, from one toy or activity to the next and other children are going about things at a much slower pace. They are saying more words, and more clearly. Jasmine does have words, but not clear and alot of sounds yet she cannot make. She will try though and also tries to repeat things back to me, which Ryan didnt do.
Anyway girls, sorry for the essay! I hate to keep going on and on about these sorts of things. I often feel like this is why some of the others stopped coming on here for my talking about Ryan. Just makes me wonder if I am doing the right thing discussing him online.

Carisa, I am glad you've got some answers about your health, but sorry for you that things arent as you hoped. It just goes to show though that you should trust your instincts when you feel something isnt right. How are you feeling?
How is Adelie at daycare now? Its natural you felt lonely without her, and had a cry. You will get used to it though, and will feel second nature. Just remind yourself how beneficial this is for her, as well as you. She'll be having so much fun.
As for Jasmine, I dont know what to do about moving her out of our bed. Ryan moved out at 2 and a half, as was actually quite easy. Though I am not convinced Jasmine will move out without a fuss! Esp as she is still breast fed.

Laura, how are you? tell me about your girls, hows the weather?

Xx
Sparkley
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Sparkley » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:02 am

Hi everyone

Sorry for the panick post about Jasmine. I think I am just paranoid. I hope I am anyway. Do you think that she only has around 15 words is good enough. Do you think I should take her to see someone?

Hope you girls are all good anyway.

I was thinking about Miranda the other day, I guess she will have had her baby. Does anyone hear about her, or has she completely disappeared?
Sparkley
Addicted
Addicted

Postby delphinium » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:36 am

Hi Karen and Laura!

Sorry I've been MIA, Adelie has a bad cold and now I have a sore throat, boooo. Guess that's what I get though for putting her in daycare. She's there today, so I get some time to myself, I need a haircut sooo badly! But I don't want to cut too much off since it's thinning from the hormone imbalance I've got going on....

Karen, please don't worry about talking about Ryan too much or worrying about Jasmine, I want to help if I can! You should write about anything on your mind here, really. It could be that Jasmine is saying less because she doesn't see her brother saying very much and I know little siblings probably copy big ones. I'm sure nothing is wrong, there are kids in Adelie's playgroup that do little more than whine and point so 15 words is way beyond that! But I think if you are worried, you should see someone. That way you can put your mind at rest and if there is a delay you can help her.

Laura, can I ask you a little bit about your hypothyroidism? How did you get it under control? Do you take the synthroid medication? Is there anything else you do to help? How did you know you have it? What TSH level do you consider normal? There's so much variation out there and it scares me that this disease can cause miscarriage or infertility. I really want another baby!!

Well, things here are ok, I'm slowly coming to terms with having a thyroid problem. I just got my period yesterday and had the shortest cycle I've ever had in my life, only 19 days. My cycles are soooo screwed up, I really hope this medication helps me! I am finding the winter here a little hard, mostly because Adelie really only wants to stay outside for no more than 15-20 minutes and I want to get outdoors a little more but can't. She does seem to like going for walks on my back with the Ergo sometimes but she will thrash about in the BOB stroller. Laura, how are you liking it by the way? Isn't the steering great?!!
Me-33 (Carisa) DH-38 DD- 2 in June!<div>Image</div>
delphinium
Angel
Angel

Postby Sparkley » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi girls,

Hope all is OK.

Carisa, how is Adelie getting on and daycare now, and how are you? I really hope you start to see some improvement soon now you are on the right medication.
Thanks for your support about Ryan & Jasmine. Maybe I am just paranoid about Jasmine. I did a test online for autism and she doesnt appear to have any red flags. Says she should have a dozen words, which she does and she doesnt have any of the other symptoms. You'd think i'd be an expert, but you know each kid with autism is so different to the next. I feel a little more at ease for now.

Laura, I hope you're OK, and still checking in here. How are you guys?

Hope you all have a great weekend. Xx
Sparkley
Addicted
Addicted

Postby imdesired » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:10 pm

Hey, karen! :)
I hope you're doing good.

Carissa - sorry Adelie was sick - how is she feeling now?
Laura -

Twin boys -
Samuel and Elijah
Born May 2, 2012 at 36 weeks 2 days
7.0lbs and 6.15
imdesired
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sparkley » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Hi Laura, yeah we're all OK here. How are you? x
Sparkley
Addicted
Addicted

Postby delphinium » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:50 am

Hi girls

Sorry I haven't been chatting here too much or on FB for that matter. I'm feeling very stressed about my health recently and that has got my mind all preoccupied. I thought I had hypothyroidism and had even started taking medicine for it. Then the endocrinologist called back and said my test results were all normal, stop taking the medicine. I asked why Im having symptoms and why one side of my thyroid is enlarged, he said come back in two months... So, I decided to go see a reproductive endocrinologist, I just couldn't wait that long to figure out why my cycles are so messed up and hair falling out etc. Well, he felt my throat and sent me for a ultrasound and there is a big nodule on one side of my thyroid and next tuesday I'm having a biopsy on it. I've been worried sick about the thought of thyroid cancer. Most nodules are benign but still, it's so easy to worry and think the worst! So, I'm just getting by, trying to get through the days until the biopsy and I get the test results back. I am scared and worried. I just can't wait to figure it all out and fix whatever is wrong and move on. This is making me so thankful for my DH, he's been so reassuring and so thankful for Adelie and the little things she does and says that make me laugh.

Anyways, sorry to be a downer but this has consumed my thoughts! I hope you guys are doing well! I bet this sounds horrible but I could really use even just one evening/night away with DH and without Adelie. Is that bad of me to think?? I just feel like it would be so good for us to not be parents for a whole night....ahh well, atleast Adelie slept through the night all last night!
delphinium
Angel
Angel

Postby Sparkley » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:16 pm

Oh Carisa ((hugs)) I am so sorry you're going through this awful, awful worry. Will you get the results soon?
I wish I had some words of comfort. I'm thinking of you anyway, and sending you lots of love and strength while you wait for the results.
Xxx
Sparkley
Addicted
Addicted

Postby imdesired » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:49 pm

(((((Carisa))))) - Honey!! I'm sorry, and you're in my thoughts.... I'm sure all is well, but I imagine your worry... Big hugs!!!! Please kup...
xoxox
Laura -

Twin boys -
Samuel and Elijah
7.0lbs and 6.15
imdesired
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby delphinium » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:34 pm

I miss you girls!
delphinium
Angel
Angel

Postby imdesired » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:14 am

omg - I wanted to check here too...

I MISS YOU GUYS!! Even though we talk daily on our fb board.. I miss us here!! xoxo
Laura -

Twin boys -
Samuel and Elijah
7.0lbs and 6.15
imdesired
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby delphinium » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:05 am

Hey Laura! Yes, I'm sooo glad we have the FB page but definitely miss what we had on our little buddy group. It seemed more intimate in a way and I could share lots more here than I do there. I miss this group lots!!
delphinium
Angel
Angel

Postby Sparkley » Fri May 06, 2011 3:33 pm

I miss our little group too :(
Sparkley
Addicted
Addicted

Postby imdesired » Fri May 06, 2011 4:44 pm

Love you, Karen! :hb:
Laura -