**--~~ June Bugs - born in 2009, pt. 9~~--**

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby ivycrystals » Mon May 09, 2011 3:19 pm

I miss our group too. I hadn't been to tww in forever and I decided to join the Jan ddc and out of habit clicked here and saw our group. I miss you girls.
ivycrystals
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sparkley » Thu May 26, 2011 7:59 am

Ah its good to see you back here Becca! It'd be nice if this group could spark up again, its more conversational here - or, at least was. I miss it
Sparkley
Addicted
Addicted

Postby ivycrystals » Thu May 26, 2011 9:11 am

Well, I'll start then and we'll see if we can get everyone to come back.

This morning I'm feeling nauseous and nothing sounds good at all to eat. I've been forcing myself to sip tea and eat dry cheerios. I've got a friend coming to visit this weekend and I'll be busy hanging out with her. Last night at book club I got outted as being pg. It was the first book club I wasn't drinking wine. But it's ok. They are my friends.

How are you feeling? How are Ryan and Jasmine?
ivycrystals
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sparkley » Thu May 26, 2011 12:21 pm

Ah, good to see you Becca! Hopefully we can spark up some conversation here. I wonder if many of the others still use TWW?

I hope your nausea is short lived. I had alot of that in the early days, but no actual sickness. This pregnancy is going well so far, my only real symptom is extreme tiredness. It hits me like a tonne of bricks.
You probably feel better that you can share your pregnancy with a close group of friends? I know I dont like announcing before 12 weeks, but think its good to have some people who know who you can confide in.

Hows Leah doing? I hope she's well, she's coming on so well isnt she? Are her playmates as chatty as she is?
Jasmine has lots of single words and the odd linking of two words, not always clear sounding either. Though to be honest, I am grateful she has speech, and will copy and attempt words. I remember when Ryan was 2 and still hadnt said his first word (except for No), I tried so hard to get him to copy at least a single sound - it broke my heart he couldnt. I'm annoyed I didnt know what Autism was back in the day, and just as annoyed our healthcare providers didnt acknowledge a problem either, but thats another rant for another day.
Ryans speech sounds like Leahs level now - or maybe not even that. He will sometimes answer us, but its not flowing conversation. He has loads of speech now though and doesnt need to use PECs cards anymore to help his communication. He's doing well at school, its very relaxed, he has swimming/ horse riding lessons and has a social outing every week. I just love that he has some speech, he's got a very posh voice, just gorgeous. He's got some basic imaginative play, and loves Peppa Pig, alot! He has his moments and still struggles socially and with understanding of concepts. He's doing great though, really. Thank you for asking.

I was wondering will you be getting a double pushchair when baby #2 comes along? I'm in two minds, Jasmine walks really well, doesnt tire too easily but is headstrong and likes to do her own thing sometimes. Though she will be 2.5 when the baby comes along. So probably time to walk or use a buggy board?

x
Sparkley
Addicted
Addicted

Postby ivycrystals » Thu May 26, 2011 12:33 pm

I'm so glad Ryan is progressing so well. It sounds like his school is perfect for him. Leah is growing and progressing all the time. She amazes me with the things she says. I think daycare has made a huge difference in her speech. She just moved up to the 2yo room and the older kids have been a great influence on her.

I think Jasmine still sounds very normal for a 2yo though. I wouldn't be concerned, but I'm sure it's hard not to after what you went through with Ryan.

I actually found a Phil & Teds stroller with the double attachment at a garage sale for $10. 8O It just needs the wheels replaced which is an easy and inexpensive fix. I had planned on just waiting to see if I needed or wanted one once the baby was here, but that was such a great deal, I couldn't pass it up.

I'm sorry you're suffering from fatigue. That has to be so hard with 2 little ones at home already. I hope your DH is helping you some.
ivycrystals
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sparkley » Thu May 26, 2011 3:15 pm

Leahs doing fantastic! Jasmine is going to start going to a creche soon, just for a few hours a week, but think it will be a great help to her.
I have had moments of worry about Jasmine in the past, but touch wood, I hope things are OK. Ryans speech therapist said its so common for siblings of children with autism to have delayed speech. I dont take things for granted though anymore. Well, Leah is going to be such a good big sister. I can say for sure that Jasmine is going to be very jealous when this new one comes along, and I'm not sure how Ryan will be. I know ultimately though they'll be fine and overcome and niggles along the way. Jasmine is still breast feeding, she's so protective of the boob, I would like to wean her at some point as I think she will find sharing very hard!

Wow what a bargain on the Phil & Teds. You did right snapping it up! You could probably resell it after you're finished with it too and make a profit.

I try and do any housework on a morning while I've got energy, but things are slipping. My DH will cook sometimes (I say that losely, he will put something in the oven that needs heating up lol) But he tries.

Are you feeling ok otherwise? I hope next week quickly comes around for you. We had some worries with Jasmine, and it isnt nice, but I feel sure everything is going to be OK.
Sparkley
Addicted
Addicted

Postby ivycrystals » Fri May 27, 2011 2:03 pm

I'm feeling mostly ok, other than some nausea and fatigue. The fatigue is so hard. I also have the most energy in the mornings. So that is when I try to get the most of my work done at the office and around the house. I always say I'm going to do a lot when I get home, but then I get home and I'm too tired to do much more than get dinner ready.
ivycrystals
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby delphinium » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:58 pm

Hi Becca and Karen!

I was just checking the october ddc here and thought I'd just come by this group and so glad I did! I'm not really part of the oct. ddc, don't know why, just haven't gotten as involved this time around. But I'd love it if our little group started up again!

I really can't believe lots of us are on this journey together again, how special is that! Sounds like you are both feeling tired, well it does get better, or atleast it did for me. I'm working full-time now too in DH's laboratory which is good because it is really flexible. But I'm not as tired as I was when I get home now that I'm well into the 2nd trimester. This little boy does love to kick already, I missed that feeling!

Well, hope to see you post here again soon!

xoxo,Carisa
Me-33 (Carisa) DH-38 DD- 2 in June!<div>Image</div>
delphinium
Angel
Angel

Postby ivycrystals » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:51 am

Carisa :hi: The fatigue is starting to get better! I was doing a gummy prenatal and it didn't have any iron. I started a new one and it does, but it makes me nauseous. I guess it's a trade off.

I"m so glad so many of us are pg again! I can't believe how fast our pgs are moving. I feel like I *just* got a bfp and I'm almost 10 weeks.
ivycrystals
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby delphinium » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:41 pm

OH good Becca, so glad the fatigue is getting better. I hear ya on this pregnancy flying by. Must be because we are so busy with our June bugs! I'm actually starting to freak out how fast this is going, only four more months and I have a newborn and I just want to enjoy being with Adelie as much as I can before chaos happens. Also, I want to move her to a different room with a big girl bed but I gotta paint it and decorate it and get her in it before baby so she doesn't feel kicked out of her crib. Plus I have no boy clothes, thank goodness we didn't find out what adelie was cause we have a few neutral outfits in newborn size. Ack, must calm down!!!
Me-33 (Carisa) DH-38 DD- 2 in June!<div>Image</div>
delphinium
Angel
Angel

Postby ivycrystals » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:49 am

That does sound crazy. We're planning on moving in June of next year so we will only have a 2br when this one is born. Which works out ok since we will be co-sleeping again. We're not planning on finding out gender this time so I did pick up a few gn things at a yardsale in the nb size. Fortunately, we have a lot of friends who have boys so I'm hoping we can get some hand me downs on loan.

Oh and my fingers have already started swelling and my rings are starting to get snug :( I was hoping since I'm having a winter baby that it wouldn't be as big of an issue this time.
ivycrystals
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups