IUI to My Oh My's Part 83!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

IUI to My Oh My's Part 83!

Postby twinboys4me » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:45 am

Here we are again. I hope it is ok that I put us over here. I just thought it was more "appropriate."

So, who wants to go first on our new/old board!
twinboys4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby MotoX Mom » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:29 am

Me likey! :) Thanks Kristi!

Me 42, DH 34, Happily Married 7 years
Proud and grateful to be a SAHM to our precious girl!

2009 IVF#1
MotoX Mom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MominMD » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:33 am

Me likey too, although I think Sarah has problems logging in to this side for some reason.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby twinboys4me » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:42 am

So how is everybody's day going? I'm in a brief lull between apointments and classes! Already took P to the eye doctor ($410!!!!!!! :( ), now heading out to take them both to the dentist, then taking P to hockey. I'm already tired so I can only imagine how tonight is going to be.

Love you all, and WELCOME BACK!
twinboys4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Legislady » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:19 pm

I'm glad we are back on TWW too...

Thanks Kristi!
Tracey {44} DH {43} DS#1 {8} DS#2 - {1} (Born 6/5/10) Angel babies (2)

VISIT MY BLOG:
http://traceysjourneytopregnancy.blogspot.com
Legislady
Star Member
Star Member

Postby twinboys4me » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:30 am

3 hour GTT is over! Thank God. I slipped out to run back home to check on the boys and got busted sneaking back into the lab. :oops: I only live about a mile from the lab so I was only gone 20 minutes max and was back well before I had to do the 2 hour blood draw. Tech got all mad and said that going out would raise my sugars and mess up the test. Well, sorry, but had to do it. If they had done the test when it was supposed to have been done then I wouldn't have had to make impromptu arrangements for the boys! Fingers crossed I passed.
twinboys4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby twinboys4me » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:12 pm

I just figured out that I am a completely shallow and ungrateful person. My SIL has been planning my shower. I specifically told her that I DO NOT LIKE SURPRISES! I do not like them when I am not pregnant and I really do not like them when I am 8 months pregnant and feel like a complete cow/whale anyway, much less the two toned hair and the bushy eyebrows that b/c of the lovenox I have to have at least 1 weeks notice to have them waxed before any event in case of bleeding or bruises (yes has happened and I had little teeny tiny scabs from the drops of blood on my eyebrows for 3 days). So then I find out that SIL is really strapped for cash and has asked Frank to pay for the shower. UMMMMM, then don't throw it! I'm totally cool with no shower, but not so cool with my hubby paying for a shower she will take credit for. I try to get over it. Then I find out that she is throwing it as a SURPRISE and not telling me the date. I was furious and even told dh that he could just bite my butt but if he tried to take me anywhere between now and the baby being born I would just refuse to go b/c I look like a hot mess and I'm not showing up to my final baby shower looking like this!

Fast forward and ONE of my guests took pity on me and told me when the shower is so I can get my hair, brows and get something decent to wear. THANK YOU! So I have my appointments, ordered a new top (too cute I might add) and now I'm happy as a pig in slop and ready to celebrate with my friends.

So go ahead and tell me how horrible I am!

PS still a bit upset about Frank paying for the party as we could have easily purchased every single thing we need for what he is shelling out for this shower.
twinboys4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby MotoX Mom » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:19 pm

I DONT BLAME YOU AT ALL!!!! I too hate surprises, esp when pg! And, of COURSE, you want to pamper a little and get things in order to look and feel pretty for your baby shower :) I am glad your friend told you when it was. As for the money thing, eh, what are you gonna do :? Kinda dumb, but sounds like its not very surprising.

Anyway, i think the bigger picture is you feeling pretty and enjoying the day :)

Me 42, DH 34, Happily Married 7 years
Proud and grateful to be a SAHM to our precious girl!

2009 IVF#1
MotoX Mom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby twinboys4me » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:28 pm

I called the OB and he gave me the go ahead to get my highlights redone. He said any risk has passed and highlights are fine since they don't touch the scalp. The only problem would be sitting that long, but the guy who does my hair is a wonderful old Russian guy and he is so freaking happy about this baby I know he will let me get up if I need to.

Thanks for not making me feel horrible.

As for SIL and the $$$ not really surprising. My BIL lives way beyond his means and she tries to reign him in but it is tough. She brings in the majority of the money, but he spends the majority. I know she really wanted to do it, but I just... I don't know... it doesn't sit well with this Southern girl to basically be paying for my own shower. I do really appreciate Frank stepping up b/c he thought a shower was important to me. Bless his heart!
twinboys4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby smurfsgirl » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:40 pm

Hi girls!!!! I found you. You can't run away!!! LOL

Kristi- Whatever makes you feel beautiful! :wink:
Kami
IVF #2- May 09- BFP!!!!!
Samantha and Mia born 1/25/10

"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."
Proverbs 16:3
smurfsgirl
Angel
Angel

Postby StilettoMommy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:54 pm

hey girls, good to see you all on TWW again!! Reminds me of the olden days!!
Ronessa: 27
DH: 27
TTC #1- 4 1/2 yrs.
3 early m/c's

Nov 2010 IVF #1
BFP - 5dp5dt
6w5d-perfect heartbeat :hb: 136 bpm!
9w5d- heartbeat :hb: 171 bpm!!!
11w2d-ER- heartbeat :hb: 167bpm!!!
11w5d- heartbeat :hb: 169 bpm!!!
16w- It's a girl!!!
18w- Definitely a girl!!!
Due Date - August 5!
StilettoMommy
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Brisa » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:20 pm

I found it to. Old times good memories.

Doing some laundry and Liam is napping.

I just found out yesterday that my colesterol is not good. I have being lazy and doing nothing but I guess is over I need to started eating better and exercise. But is just really cold and I'm being lazy between work and life.

Any way what to thank Kristi to started TWW again.

Talk to all later.
Brisa

Postby GillBaby2 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:31 pm

Hi Mommas! I wont stay long but just had to comment on the tickers and avatars, love them! Definite plus of TWW! :D
Kristen - 28
James (DH) - 31
Dakota (DS) - 7
Colton (DS) - 1.5
Twin Angels - 5/1/08 :angel: :angel:

Image Image
GillBaby2
Addicted
Addicted

Postby twinboys4me » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:06 pm

Kristen is back!!!!!!
I love your new screen name! Love yours too Ronessa!
twinboys4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby MominMD » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Kristi - Hey, if nothing else it made you get gussied up and feel pretty while 8 months pregnant. Not an easy task.

I just did my last shot!!!!!!!! 2 more days of Prometrium and I am done. Yay.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups