The Synchronized Cycle Sisters are PREGNANT! PART 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

The Synchronized Cycle Sisters are PREGNANT! PART 2

Postby SheRah327 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:24 pm

Here it is ladies!!! Part two!

How is everybody feeling? I'm feeling large and in charge!
Me-31, DH-29 1st Cycle TTC Aug 2011
BFP 9/1/11
Baby Anna Arrived 5/8/12!
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:48 am

SheRah, thanks for posting a "Part 2"... wow, we are really chatty, huh? :)
Feeling pretty good! Actually, last night, I was totally tossing and turning. Sleep was not coming easily, as the baby was in a very uncomfortable position... very high, so I felt like I couldn't breathe. Ugg. I will probably need a nap later today!

How is everyone else? Pure... no worries about feeling a lack of m/s at this stage. Mine didn't really kick in until 7-8 weeks. Think of yourself as likely in the calm before the storm!

I just realized that my appt. in Feb is for my 24 week check-up, and my doctor starts seeing me every 2 weeks once I hit 28 weeks! Yikes... time is really starting to fly by. Pretty soon, I'll be a fixture in that office! :) Once you start the 2 week visits, I feel like the rest of the pregnancy really starts zooming by! I think my DH is finally starting to realize that we have to get our projects started asap! And, I have the green light to shop, shop, shop!

Well, enjoy your day, ladies! :)
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:06 am

Ha I know what you mean PALS. DH is FINALLY just realizing that there's a real baby on the way that comes with clothes, diapers, a bassinet and other things lol. Hopefully we'll get our moving plans finally on track.

I had the weirdest dream last night. I had the baby, it was a boy, and I could not remember the birth at ALL! DH was like you were a trooper, but I opted to take like every drug known to man and there was A LOT of blood. It just seemed so weird. Then I was having trouble finding diapers and wipes and no one would help me, they just kept playing with my parrot lol. So strange. Also when I looked in the mirror, I had the stomach I've never had with abs of steel.
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby pureascrystal » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:34 am

Hey ladies! I'm feeling fine. Just happy it is Friday!

DH got some potentially bad news yesterday. He has been waiting to start the police academy the end of February. He passed through all stages and is waiting on the final call on when to start. BUT yesterday he got a call and they reran his background check and something came up this time. We aren't sure what it is but he hasn't had any issues with the law before so we are totally clueless. HOWEVER, his CRAZY MOM drove his truck one day when he was in college and hit a car in the parking lot (didn't realize it) and left. They didn't realize it had happened until they issued DH a misdemeanor citation for hit & run. The issue was handled with the police immediately but we are hoping that it isn't still on his record b/c he wasn't even there and the police investigated and proved it. Even if it is still on his record, it will be able to be taken off but I'm just hoping this situation gets resolved ASAP!!

I am depending on DH to support us while I take time off with the baby so I'm trying not to FREAK out!! Not to mention, he has been working on getting degrees in criminology for 6 years and if this hinders him starting his career he will be devastated.
Me(Crystal), 32 DH, 30
Chemical 10/10/11
DD: born 9/28/12
BFP: 6/11/15
EDD: 2/16/16
pureascrystal
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Lisa614 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:38 pm

Hey girls! I'm feeling pretty good right now, this is probably my favorite time of day, the m/s has faded since the morning, and the evening m/s and heartburn hasn't kicked in yet!

Pure, sorry to hear about the trouble dh is having, I hope it all gets worked out soon. Hopefully if it's just the hit and run mix up it will all be cleared up quickly.

Sherah, large and in charge, I like it! :D That's a crazy dream, I've had some pretty crazy baby dreams too, and afterwards you're just like WTF?!

Pals, glad the time is starting to fly for you! I imagine we'll be in the same boat, I have some projects I'd like to get done but I don't feel like working on the right now, so I'm sure they'll get left to the last minute.

Amber, I'm considering cloth diapering too...I just have no idea what I'd be getting myself into! I haven't talked to dh about it yet, who knows what he'll think of it!

Have a good weekend ladies!
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
Found out I was pregnant on 12/17/11!
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby pureascrystal » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:48 pm

Quick update: the situation with DH seems to have resolved. Looks like it was just a mistake somewhere by someone. Thank you GOD!!! An answered prayer.
Me(Crystal), 32 DH, 30
Chemical 10/10/11
pureascrystal
Star Member
Star Member

Postby PALS » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:52 pm

Amber and Lisa... regarding cloth diapering.... We did it with my third child. We used a diaper service, which was nice because they would basically drop off the clean diapers and take away the dirties. However, I must admit that it felt like A LOT of work... very frequent diaper changes were necessary. Of course, the same is true for disposables, but it is even more imperative with cloth. Plus, I found them to be fairly bulky, too, and having to tuck and fold them a certain way and have them in the outer covering in the right way just lead to leaks at times. It was kind of a 2 step process for each diapering session. I ended up just going back to the "easy route" with disposables with my fourth, and will do the same with the fifth. I wish I wasn't so lazy, but I just found the disposables to be easier/less messy, and with having four other kids at home needing attention, I'm going the "whatever is easiest is best" for us. I really like the idea of cloth diapering, but I just learned that it wasn't really for me.
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby pureascrystal » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:16 pm

Sherah: abs of steel!! DH knows that I will be having a tummy tuck after we have our last kid :) maybe one day. Haha

Amber: I thought about cloth diapering but after that post from PALS I'm thinking...maybe not. Haha. That doesn't sound like anything I would enjoy.

Lisa: glad you are feeling good!!

AFM: so relieved that DH's situation is resolved. That was a rough 24 hours. I had the busiest week EVER! I am EXHAUSTED! My body is definitely telling me that I did too much today. I am cramping pretty bad & literally might fall asleep typing this.... Night ladies!

Hope all the other wonderful SCS ladies are doing well!
Me(Crystal), 32 DH, 30
Chemical 10/10/11
pureascrystal
Star Member
Star Member

Postby PALS » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:28 pm

Pure... so glad everything turned out okay for your DH!!! Nighty night! I'm sure you'll sleep well tonight now that things have been resolved!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Pure - Yikes take it easy there, give yourself some time to relax :) Also, sooo happy for you that the situation with DH turned out to be nothing! phew!

After seeing my friend's experience with cloth diapering (she loved it) I will never do it. Makes no sense right?! Well her son had very sensative skin and would frequently get chapped or rashes to the point where his balls would be bleeding. Also, she would tell me about how you have to "strip" the diapers by doing some kind of soap process in the bathtub that would leave the water gray! ew! I mean, that was all against her baby! It's basically all the dead skin cells and hidden other stuff. I also thought he always looked really bulky and was a little stinky. She washed those things like crazy too!

I like the idea of a service because I'm sure they have a great cleaning process however the thought of other babies poop and pee being on anything that will eventually be on my baby bothers me.

Everyone has to do what's best for them though! If anything, It's worth a try to see if you like it if it's something you've always wanted to do.

AFM - annoying day where friends are all commenting on the stuff I registered for. I'm not changing anything, I like what I put. Another friend says I should go for the Ameda instead of the Medela pump but I want what I want. I'm kind of sick of the unsolicited advice. Also a guy at work who saw a friend and I having a slice of pizza was like, "Is that good for the baby?" and I said, "Yep" sorry totally pissed. I wish people would just leave me alone isn't that terrible...
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby ambernicole8484 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:53 am

So glad it's the weekend! I had no idea how busy I'd be up here. I get up at 8:30am and don't get back into our room until after 9:00pm 8O! We're at the hospital until 3pm and then we hand out around the house while she plays with other kids until dinner at 6pm. Then at 7pm they have craft hour that's supposed to last an hour but it has been going until a little after 9pm. I'm trying to let her enjoy her time up here as much as possible but I wasn't sure how much longer I could keep going lol.

Anyway...I have definitely had m/s kick in :( It strikes any time after noon and it doesn't go away unless I keep food on my belly. I've been trying to eat lots of fruits and vegetables so I don't gain a million pounds. The only problem is that I start feeling sick faster with that stuff. Breads or fatty stuff is the only thing that holds it off for longer periods of time.

Thanks for the experiences on cloth diapering. I think I may be rethinking my diapering strategy as well 8O. I use coupons so I know I can get disposable diapers really cheap. I just thought I'd go a little green with this baby. I might get one and give it a try, but from the sounds of it I won't like it. I don't want diaper changing to be that much work.

Sherah -- I don't think it's terrible at all for you to want people to leave you alone. You had a piece of pizza, not some kind of drug or alcohol. There are some mothers out there that don't care what they put into their body while they are preggers. If you want a piece of pizza, have a piece of pizza. I've ate pizza three times in the past two weeks 8O. People volunteer to make dinners here and pizza was on the menu three times :) It was yummy!

PALS -- Woot for shopping! I can't wait until I can get back home and start shopping :). My dd has collected a few things up here that have been put in her mailbox or a toy box that the kids are allowed to get stuff from. There's a blanket and a couple baby outfits. Most are pink though. She's determined that we're having a girl lol.

Pure -- I agree with you. I'm too lazy for that much work. I thought you just put them on, took them off and washed. Glad to hear that dh's situation turned out to be nothing. Hope you were able get you some rest. Take it easy today (Saturday).

Lisa -- I talked to my dh about cloth diapering but he just look over at me and back at the TV? Not sure what that means lol. Not sure it'll be an issue anymore though. They sound like more work than I want to do.

As for the dreams...in all of them I get preggers? Although a few nights ago I had a dream that someone brought me my baby and it was a stripped kitten. I held it up and rubbed my check against it until it fell asleep and then I started purring?
Me 33
DH 33
DD 13
DS 2

ambernicole8484
Angel
Angel

Postby SheRah327 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:25 am

hahaha Amber!!! That's so funny and cute about your dream :) You know I think there are disposable diapers that are environmentally friendly. I was going to look into that myself. I know they are probably more expensive though so we'll see if I can ever get DH to go for that...

We're off to visit the inlaws today. I love going out there, it's like an hour and a half train ride and it's so nice to have space and go shopping with MIL. We live in NYC and it gets crowded lol. We're thinking of moving out to Long Island but not as far out as they are, only 45 minutes or so from the city since we'd be commuting in for work. But then we'd be closer to his parents and aunt and cousin. The only bad part is we'd be further away from my sis who lives like 5 blocks away. I'd really miss being so close to her. We lived together for 2 years and then the past three years we've only been blocks away. My parents are more than 7 hours away so she's all I have here other than DH's family.

She doesn't want us to move away either and says she's sad she wouldn't be able to help with the baby as much. We've talked about selling our apartment (1 bedroom) and then renting a 2 bedroom until we figure out what to do, but interest rates are so low and hubby is like, what's the point, let's just get our house now. I see both sides of it. He doesn't see the point in us staying in Manhattan just to have my sis help out for a few weeks in summer (she's a teacher) when we are going to have to get child care anyway...blah.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!!!

OH- and for morning sickness something that worked for me that wasn't bread was BANANAS! They have been my best friend haha. I think they tend to be more filling too than other fruits.
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby pureascrystal » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:26 pm

Sherah: I would be SOOOO angry if someone dared to say anything about me eating some pizza!! I would have popped back some snarky remark. I see both sides of buying a house or staying close to your sister. My aunt lives with DH & I and we are moving her upstairs once we finish the bath so that we can have the two other bedrooms downstairs. I'm glad you love your inlaws. I like mine ok but DH's mom is kinda crazy. We had lunch with them today too.

amber: LOL at birthing a kitten. Glad you are staying busy but sorry about the m/s. I agree with your conclusion about cloth diapers. I'm pretty sure they are not for me.

I went to my SIL house and spent some time with my 6 month old niece today. It's so nice b/c they just let me have her all to myself and I get to play with her and love her all I want with no hovering parents. She is beyond precious, although I'm not partial. :wink: She drooled all over me and I was just loving it. Can't wait to have my own and I'm so excited that I'm that much closer to my dream being realized.

I poas digi today just b/c I had one and it said "Pregnant" haha yay! I don't have anymore left so I just thought what they heck... plus I knew I wouldn't have any lines to over analyze.
Me(Crystal), 32 DH, 30
Chemical 10/10/11
pureascrystal
Star Member
Star Member

Postby ambernicole8484 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:34 am

A few nights ago dh called (he's back in KY) and told me that he and his sister had gone out for dinner at the new Mexican restaurant in town. Since then I've been craving rice and beans, or any other kind of Mexican style food. Last night the group that cooked dinner fixed taco salad! I was very happy. I had two plates :oops:!
Me 33
DH 33
DD 13
DS 2

ambernicole8484
Angel
Angel

Postby ambernicole8484 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:43 am

Oh yeah, my u/s was changed from Feb. 6th to the 8th. My dd ended up having 3 appointments on the 6th so there was no way I could make it to mine. The 8th was the next earliest time they could get me in.
Me 33
DH 33
DD 13
DS 2

ambernicole8484
Angel
Angel

Next

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups