The Synchronized Cycle Sisters are PREGNANT! PART 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby pureascrystal » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:25 pm

I keep thinking I'll get on here one day and there will be our first SCS baby!! Can't wait!! I can't believe it's been so long since we all met being on the same cycle that one month. :)

AFM: just trucking along & dying to know the gender!!! I caved and rented a Babybeat Doppler and listen to the heart rate almost everyday so far. It's been consistently in the 140's to 150's. I love having it!! I look more preggo than i actually am but only bc I was already "fluffy" to start with. I'm desperately trying to avoid buying maternity clothing but am afraid I'm going to have to buy some jeans to wear on casual Fridays this weekend.

Amber: we definitely miss you & hope you can get back over here soon!! I silently stalked u the other day on the other side as well. ;)
Me(Crystal), 32 DH, 30
Chemical 10/10/11
DD: born 9/28/12
BFP: 6/11/15
EDD: 2/16/16
pureascrystal
Star Member
Star Member

Postby SheRah327 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:04 am

Hey ladies! Happy Friday :)

I was totally freaking out yesterday. Hubby calls and tells me that his new job which he started this week is sending him to the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) conference in Las Vegas for a week and a half! Thankfully, it's turning out to be only 8 days instead, but still that's a long time! April 15-21. Great...leave your pregnant 36-37 week pregnant wife at home. We are on the complete opposite coast! I just hope nothing happens. I have a dr's visit on Thursday so hopefully she can check and make sure to see if everything is all still closed up. I know he can fly back, but it's just sort of scary being left here by myself for that long. Fortunately, my sis is going to be back from her school break and lives only a few blocks away. We had our hospital tour scheduled so now, sis is coming with me to that. Ugh. It will all work out... I must just keep repeating that.

So much is still in the air, where to live, child care, hours at work...nothing is figured out.

Anyway, at least it will be nice to celebrate Easter with hubby's family this weekend. What's everybody else doing this weekend?
Me-31, DH-29 1st Cycle TTC Aug 2011
BFP 9/1/11
Baby Anna Arrived 5/8/12!
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby Keiraplus1please » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:21 am

Pure, cave in and buy the maternity clothes...you won't regret it! ;). You'll be so much more comfortable. I can't wait to hear your gender too!

Sherah, that really stinks about your hubby! I don't think I would care for that either. It will work out though. Everything will be fine. At least it still gives you a couple weeks until the actual due date. We're going a couple of different places for Easter. First my mil's house for the grandchildren. Dd is very excited to see her cousins! Then we head to great grandmas house for dinner. Then we are stopping by fil's house on the way home from that dinner. We have a lot of parents because both my husbands and my parents are divorced and remarried! It makes for some very stressful holidays. And of course neither sets of parents want to be in the same room together! Lovely! So we split up holidays.

Enjoying this lovely long weekend! I had off Friday and I have off Monday and Tuesday too! Woo hoo! Happy Easter everyone!
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby PALS » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:49 pm

Happy Easter Weekend, everyone!

Keiraplus, I know what you mean about stressful holidays. My parents are divorced as well, and can't be in the same room. However, my dad is the only relative that lives near us, so we dodge the holiday run-around. Today, we had a fun egg hunt/carnival that the kids enjoyed... they are all napping now! LOL... totally worn out from the jumpy house!

Pure... when do you find out the gender? I'm sure that scan is right around the corner for ya! Definitely get some maternity clothes... once you get into them, you'll be so much more comfortable. I was resisting for the longest time because I felt funny getting maternity clothes too early. However, I caved and then wondered why I had waited so long! :)

SheRah... I can totally understand how stressed you must be about DH's trip. What a bummer! As Keiraplus said, I'm sure you'll be fine, and your DH will be back in time, but I know it still makes for a nail-biting week! At least your sister is near!!

Amber... so great to hear from you! We can't wait until you are back on this side again!!!

I hope everyone else is doing well!!! Enjoy the nice long holiday weekend, everyone!!
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby pureascrystal » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:25 am

Great advice ladies. I went ahead and bought 3 maternity dresses and I already don't even wanna think about going back...just wish I had more money to spend. I couldn't find any maternity jeans that fit my big butt but I'm still looking.

Had the weirdest experience this morning. My nipple leaked!! I have had a sneaking suspicion that I might be leaking a little at night but tried to squeeze & nothing came out so I thought I was a little crazy. However, this morning I was checking out my nips and out came a drop!! I screamed for DH to come and see and then started crying. DH looked at me like i was a TOTAL WEIRDO but it's just so amazing to me especially after TTC for 4 years and always wondering what it would be like. Just more evidence that my LO is growing & my body is preparing for it. :)
Me(Crystal), 32 DH, 30
Chemical 10/10/11
DD: born 9/28/12
BFP: 6/11/15
EDD: 2/16/16
pureascrystal
Star Member
Star Member

Postby PALS » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Pure... that's awesome!!! It's so exciting to see your body changing and preparing for the baby, isn't it?!?

Glad you found some great maternity clothes. One thing I've been getting into lately is finding some good deals on eBay. You can find some new or barely, barely used sundresses and stuff on there for super cheap. I probably wouldn't buy anything that had been pre-owned for pants and stuff just because I know what goes on down there (ha ha ha), but for dresses and tops, I've totally indulged. Since I only have about 9 weeks left, I don't want to get carried away buying too much, but most of my clothes are more fit for the winter, and I need SOMETHING to wear over the next 9 weeks!! Plus, it is getting HOT, and I'm so uncomfortable, so I plan on living in some sundresses, and even my most stretchy/empire waste non-maternity dresses are just not cutting it anymore... time to find some moo-moos. ;) This is the stage where my poor DH and friends see me in the same three dresses over and over again! :)

Happy Easter, everyone!!! Enjoy your day!!
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Keiraplus1please » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Pure, looks like the boobies are getting ready! Hahaha. Mine have been leaking for a little while too. I was leaving stains inside my bra!! Sorry tmi!

Pals, totally hit up Old Navy for stuff. Do any of you have those close by? I bought 3 non maternity dresses there for $15 each! And, bonus, I can where them after lo is born! The one was like a long maxi dress, and all had an empire waist. I wore one today for Easter family visits, and people were like, "look at you all dressed up!". I was like, no, this has nothing to do with dressing up, this has to do with being as comfortable as possible!

Btw, pals and sherah, how many Braxton hicks contractions are you getting now? I feel like I had a ton of them today! At one point I had at least 4-5 in one hour at least....
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby PALS » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Kieraplus... I'm going to take your advice and hit up Old Navy on Thursday. Since I don't have a dr. appt. this week, I'm going to use my boys' preschool time to get some shopping done! :) I need to get going on my "baby shopping list" too.

I hear ya on the BH contrax. I had a ton today, too! I remember with past pregnancies getting a ton once I hit 36 weeks, and feeling like everyday from that point on was spent noticing contractions and wondering if they were the real deal. I wasn't expecting that to start this early, but I definitely noticed them today and felt like my body was at least starting to "get ready". I'm also getting the sciatic pain and some pain in my thighs with some of the contractions. Today was really hot where I am, though, so I'm not sure if that plus running around with Easter festivities and not drinking enough water probably all had something to do with it for me. I can't remember... were you early at all with your first?? I'm always late. I don't expect much action before 39 weeks (which I'm just fine with), but I still get nervous when I have increased BH contrax... it makes it all that much more real that we are getting soooooo close!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:21 pm

Honestly, I don't think I really feel BH contractions or I haven't yet. I thought I might have once or twice way earlier but I think it was more intestinal discomfort than anything. It makes me think this baby is never going to get out haha.

We had a great Easter with DH's family. On that note...my swelling is so much, I was on my feet quite a bit so that probably explains that. Hopefully this week won't be too bad, DH is leaving for his trip sometime between Wed and Sat...hopefully he'll get the full details at last tomorrow.

DH was sick all weekend so we didn't get very much done, kind of disappointed with that. We were going to rearrange some of the furniture (which obviously I can't do) and then take pictures to get the listing put up to sell this place...not done, and I'm doubting it will be done until after April 21 now, because that is when he gets back, ugh. I want to just hire a broker and be done with it, but he wants to do it all himself to save money. He totally doesn't have the sense of urgency that I have.
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby SheRah327 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:29 am

OK because I am full of good news, the guy at work said NO. :( Now I need to figure out how to talk to my bosses about it and see what they say. I think after my maternity leave I'll likely be looking for a new job. We'll see.
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby Keiraplus1please » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:49 am

Sherah, so sorry to hear dh was sick this weekend. Hopefully your bosses work with you on the work situation. At least you'll be on maternity leave anyway for a bit. As for the move, I know it has to really be bothering you, but just focus on the baby and taking care of you! In the big picture, the baby will always be your main focus and the move will just come and go in your memory. Good luck Hun!

Pals, I didn't go early with dd. She was actually born on her due date. I was running around a lot today too, so maybe that's what it was. But I did drink a lot of water everywhere I went. I have an appointment tomorrow, just my regular one, and I'll mention it then.
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Lisa614 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:45 am

Hey girls! Sounds like you all had some good weekends, we did too, had a good time with the inlaws. We didn't really do anything Easter related, there aren't any little kids in the family (nearby) right now. But it was a nice relaxing weekend.

Keira, hope your enjoying you long weekend! I wish I had that much time off, but I think I'm going to take this friday off, so too three day weekends isn't bad. We're finding out the sex at our a/s this friday! I can't wait I'm so excited. Does the BH hurt at all? I'm not having any yet and I don't know what they feel like. Hopefully not though. Good suggestion on the Old navy, I'll have to check out their dresses. I'm not much of a dress person, but I think I will be this summer!

Pals, glad your appointment went well. Sorry to hear about the hemorrhoids though, that sounds painful. Thankfully I haven't gotten any yet, fx I won't. Sounds like you had a good Easter! I'll bet it's really nice when all the kids are napping, probably doesn't happen too often!

Pure, that's awesome that you got a doppler and get to hear the HB all the time. When's you next appointment? Is your a/s scheduled yet? Lol about dh and your leaking boobs, mine would probably react the same way. Mine aren't leaking yet, but my nipples have been sore again lately, so I feel like they may start soon, but who knows. Hopefully it's a good sign for your milk production though. Glad you got some maternity clothes, I've just started wearing some and they are so much more comfortable, I definitely need to get more! Are you feeling the baby move yet? I bet it will be pretty soon!

Sherah, sorry to hear about dh being out of town for a while. You're right, I'm sure everything will be fine, but I bet I'd freak out too. At least it's now and not any closer to the dd. Also sorry to hear that guy wouldn't switch shifts with you. That sucks. :( I hope you get everything figured out soon, this must be a really stressful time to be going through all of this. Good luck hun, I'm sure you'll get it figured out.

Well girls, a/s is Friday! This is probably going to be the longest week ever, lol. But I'm so excited, just can't wait to see the little one and make sure it's healthy. Then to find out the sex and get to picking a name and really planning the nursery. And to finally start buying things!
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
Found out I was pregnant on 12/17/11!
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Lisa, I can't wait to find out what you are having!!! Friday will be here in no time... I'll be stalking you for updates!!!

SheRah... that totally stinks that the guy said no... hopefully, your bosses will work with you. So, the trip for DH is this week? I'm sure you just want to get that over with so he is home before you know it. Regarding contrax... I didn't have very many BH with my first... not until the last week or just a few days before real labor. I have a feeling my early BH contrax are due to my multiple pregnancies. I think my uterus just behaves differently now that it has been stretched and kind of knows what its doing.. ha ha ha!!!

Keira, how did your dr. appt. go? Any insight on the BH contrax???

Pure, Anxious, Moominbaggins... how are you ladies doing??

Hope all is well with everyone! I had a burst of energy today and deep-cleaned the house. I'm in the nesting phase where my house has to be immaculate at all times... it is the strangest instinct, and I'm sure my DH and kids think I've lost my mind. Seriously, every piece of laundry is done and folded... all the dishes are clean all the time... all floors mopped... it's the most organized I've been (again, this happens with each pregnancy for me, so I guess I can say it's the most organized I've been since my last pregnancy... LOL). It is getting harder to indulge in this instinct with the more kids I have, since my kids seem to enjoy messing up the house right behind me... guess they don't get the same "nesting" instinct!

SheRah... I know what you mean about wishing your DH had the same sense of urgency. I am prodding my DH to get the nursery painted so I can order the furniture I have on hold. He's more into falling asleep on the couch by 7pm... hey, I thought I was supposed to be the tired one... not DH!!! LOL!!!

Enjoy the day, ladies!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Ha PALS I felt the same way about DH being sick...I'm pretty sure it's just allergies and guess who has it now, ME! He was such a baby, and here I am powering through (so far). I did laundry today too! Got the newborn 0-3 stuff all washed and folded and set aside stuff to pack in the hospital bag. I'm also dying to vacuum but ran out of time before work lol. I think nesting has finally hit me.

I hope you get your furniture soon PALS because I know how much you've been looking forward to getting the baby's room ready!
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:57 am

SheRah... I hope you feel better! My kids all have colds, and I am SOOOOO hoping to avoid the sickies... the last thing we need at this stage is to have colds/allergies.... you poor girl! Looks like you aren't letting it get you down, though! I kind of like the feeling of the "nesting" instinct. Makes me feel like the real thing must be around the corner! You are getting so close! I am sooooooo stinkin' excited for you!!! Are you about a week away from your weekly appts.? You'll soon feel like you might as well move in to the doctor's office, as you'll be there so often. ;) It's fun, though, as you'll really feel like you're in the home stretch!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups