The Synchronized Cycle Sisters are PREGNANT! PART 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby SheRah327 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:09 am

My weeklies start Thursday because I had gone in to check about that spotting issue two weeks ago, so they moved my 34 week apt to 35 weeks and after that one it's once a week! I can't wait to go Thurs just hopefully get to see how everything is going :)

Ugh I woke up feeling so crappy though. I am trying to avoid taking sudafed, the doc says it's ok to take, so I may have to get some. I'm taking tylenol for now. I almost called out sick but another coworker is out and my boss would have had to work a double. I hate doing that to people. If I feel worse tomorrow though I won't have much choice.

I didn't talk to my boss yet, trying to work up the guts to. I just totally freak myself out with everything.

I can't wait for DH to get back from his trip he leaves tomorrow and gets back 10 days later on a Saturday morning. So long!!! I was thinking though, hopefully I'll get some AWESOME sleep with the bed all to myself haha.

Hope you are feeling well PALS and everyone else too!!!
Me-31, DH-29 1st Cycle TTC Aug 2011
BFP 9/1/11
Baby Anna Arrived 5/8/12!
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:47 pm

SheRah... I hope you feel better! Poor thing! Definitely take care of yourself, and if you have to call in, call in. I know what you mean about not wanting others to have to be inconvenienced, but I'm sure everyone would understand. I'll be anxious to hear how your appt. going on Thursday... are they doing an internal??? That starts for me at 36 weeks, so I have some time.

Today, I had about four people tell me I look like I've dropped. With the first baby, that process can happen gradually, but with subsequent kiddos, the dropping doesn't usually happen until right before labor, so these people totally freaked me out! I must admit that I feel like I can breathe easier, but I don't think I'm close to real labor (at least I better not be)! It's probably all in their heads... it's like when people love to tell you that the baby is a boy or girl based on the way you are carrying.... as if that really has anything do do with the gender!!! LOL!!! :)
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:55 am

Yeah it's funny some people comment that I'm "carrying differently now" or something like that, but my MIL thought everything still looked high up. I'm still feeling stuff in my ribs so that's pretty high!

I think they might do an internal just because I had experienced that slight bleeding but I'm not sure. I'm looking forward to going, just wish I didn't have to go this week and next by myself because DH is out of town.

I have my work baby shower on Saturday and my hospital tour (sis is coming with me now) on Sunday, so I've got a semi booked up weekend.

I spoke with my boss again yesterday who was no help. He basically said I was out of luck. Then he offered to talk to the big boss because he could tell I was upset, but said that he doubted he would have a different answer. I said that I would like to talk to the big boss actually and I planned on doing so. I was peeved that he said all of the extra work I had been doing at home for some two years now, basically meant nothing, when I know it earns money for the station and I also run the two most popular blogs on the website which generate sponsorship money. No one else in the department does that. So let's hope this conversation goes a bit better. If anything it's always good to let the big boss know where you are at with things and let him know all of the stuff you are working on.
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby Lisa614 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:57 am

Sherah, I can't believe you're starting weekly appointments! It could be any day now! Can't wait to hear the update from tomorrow's appointment to see how things are going and where they're at. That really sucks about work. I hope talking to the big boss will get you somewhere and that they realize what they'd be missing without you. Good luck hun. So is dh gone for his trip yet? That must be really hard, but he'll be back in no time.

Pals, sorry your kids are all sick, fx you don't get it too. I can't wait till I really start nesting, lol. I'm ready for my house to be super clean! I think I'm nesting a bit now, I've definitely been cleaning and organizing more than usual lately. I just was everything put away, clutter is driving me crazy these days! Lol, I hope you haven't dropped quite yet, it's still a bit early. But I know what you mean, people see what they want to see.

Hope everyone else is well! Keira how was your last appointment, any update on the BH?

I wish it was Friday already! It's only two days, but it seems so far away still. My LO has been moving around like crazy lately! It's so much fun! I can see him/her kicking from the outside now. I can't believe how active and strong they are when they're so small still. Although, it's growing so fast now, two weeks and it will be a whole pound! Time really is flying.
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
Found out I was pregnant on 12/17/11!
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:34 am

SheRah, I hope things go better with the big boss. I agree that it is always worth a conversation, so he knows everything you are doing. Hopefully, you'll get the answer you are looking for. I'm sure this isn't an easy situation. We'll be all living vicariously through you as you start your weekly appts. Sooooooo exciting!!!! :) Sounds like your weekend will be fun and baby-related! Hopefully, that will all make the time fly, and you'll have your DH home in no time!

Lisa, I can't wait until Friday to hear what you are having!!!! Won't it be fun to start "gender specific" shopping?!? Woo hoo! What's your guess regarding gender???

I managed to catch the cold that the kids have... woke up with a sore throat in the middle of the night, and I'm dragging today. However, I'm glad we're all getting this bug over with before the baby gets here. I guess my nesting will be on hold, as I'm lacking the energy I had at the beginning of the week. But, DH is totally on board for painting the nursery this weekend, so I should have that completed by Monday!

Have a good one, ladies!!!
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Keiraplus1please » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Hey girls!

They basically told me that as long as they don't continue with a regular pattern and keep that up for a time period not to worry too much. She offered to check my cervix to ease my mind, but I declined since they slowed on Sunday. They haven't been as frequent as they were on Sunday, so hopefully it wa just "practice". I did find out he was transverse (sideways) though. Hopefully he doesn't stay that way!

Sherah, good luck with the big boss! I hope it helps with your situation.

Pals, I hope the sickies pass quickly for ya! Lots of rest, when you can!
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby SheRah327 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:14 pm

OH my goodness, the meeting with the big boss went FANTASTIC! He totally took my side, and he told me not to worry about a thing that he would work it all out for me!!! I told him what my boss said, and even today how he said he may move the early shift up to 4am (yikes) but he agreed that's too early with a baby and asked what I would like to work. I said I wanted the 6am -2pm like it is now and he said ok. So we'll see if this all goes through, but I'm going to focus on the positive for now, and hopefully it all works out just fine. I also gave him all of these supporting documents about how successful my work has been and he seemed impressed by it. I said I was worried about how my boss and coworker were going to feel about everything and he said not to worry about it, he would take care of it all. I really hope that they don't hate me and make things miserable for me in the end, but my boss was acting normal for the most part so we'll see.

I have my 35 week apt in the morning, then it's on to the weeklies! So next week Thursday I have one too! Yay :)

PALS I have that cold too, I am miserable here! ha, sudafed seems to help some, the doc said that was safe to take. I feel a little better today so I hope you do too :) You're right though, good to get this bug gone before the babies arrive!
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby Anxious2BaMommy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:03 am

:hi:
Just stopping by to say hello ladies!! I'm glad everyone is doing ok! It looks like we will have a baby here soon, SheRah and I'm sooo excited for you!!

I got Babys hb yesterday and they had to tip me backwards to find it and had to refind it 3 times b/c it kept "running" lol

I wish I weren't so busy I could talk to you ladies more. I always have so many questions and should or shouldn't I's but no time to ask :(
DF:22 Me:22
BFP on 02/21/2012 !!
Team PINK!!
Beta 1: 22,787 @25dpo!!!
Beta 2: 39,791 @27dpo!!! Prog.:18.47
6w3d Heart Rate: 132 :hb: !!
12w5d Heart Rate: 168 :hb: !!
16w5d Heart Rate: 153 :hb:
May 31st: :babyb: Heart Rate: 143 :hb:
June 28th: :babyb: Heart Rate: 154 :hb:
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Anxious2BaMommy

Postby Lisa614 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:05 am

Sherah, that's awesome news! I really hope it all works out and you get the schedule you want. I think since you told your boss you were going to talk to the big boss, he shouldn't have any problems with it. Great news though. Hope your appointment goes well today!

Pals, sorry you ended up getting that cold. I hope it's gone by the weeked so you can get all your stuff done. It's so exciting that your dh is painting this weekend, what color are you going with? I can't wait for that part! My inlaws are coming in two weeks and while dh and FIL work on a yard project, my MIL is going to help me paint the nursery (assuming I've decided on a color scheme by then). So far I've been feeling boy, so we'll find out tomorrow if I'm right or not!

Keira, glad your appointment went well and the BH have settled down. I hope he turns soon, but you still have time so I wouldn't worry yet.

One more day ladies! I can't believe it's finally here! :D
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
Found out I was pregnant on 12/17/11!
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:50 am

SheRah... what awesome news about the big boss and how everything seems to be working out!!!! Yippee!!! So sorry that you are still stuffy. I may have to pick up some Sudafed soon, as I'm stuffy/headachey and totally dragging. At least my throat is starting to feel better... I feel like sore throats are the worst part of the cold. I will be stalking you for updates on your appt.!!! You are in the home stretch, girl!

Lisa, sooooo exciting that you find out tomorrow!!! I'll put in a "boy" guess for you, too... that's the vibe I'm getting (from afar ;) Regarding nursery colors, we're actually doing something a little different... going with a modern "grey" color with a lot of bold (mainly red) accents. Lots of bold "rainbow" type colors, but the walls will be a dark grey... I found a picture in a magazine that I fell in love with, so I'm kind of replicating that. I hope it all turns out! :) Since my two girls have a pink/red room, and my boys have a blue/green room, we decided to do something a little different for the nursery.

Keira, glad that contrax have subsided... sounds like all is going well. We're getting close, June DDC buddy!

Anxious, glad to see you on here. I know what you mean about being busy... no worries, we'll be happy to have you on here whenever time allows. Glad to hear everything is going well... looks like your lo is a wiggle worm! :)

Have a great day, ladies... lots of action this week (regarding doctor's appts.)!!! :) Woo hoo!!!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby pureascrystal » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:33 pm

Hey ladies

Sherah: that is so awesome about ur boss hearing you out. It's always nice to feel validated and appreciated.

Lisa: I can't wait to hear what ur having too!! I feel like I'm NEVER gonna get there.

Anxious: I still have tons of questions everyday but some of them I just keep to myself and figure out that I will know the answer when I go through it. I'm stil so excited that you are over here.

Keira: I wouldn't know what to think Bout having contrax like that but I would probably be freaking out, like I usually do.

AFM: just got back into town. Took a group of my students on a trip to the Opryland Hotel in Nashville. After 3 days w 9 teen girls, I've had about enough. The outlet mall there reopened so I did get to do a little shopping but it would have been so much more fun if I had known the LO gender. There just isn't much neutral stuff out there. But I did buy DH an I love daddy onesie from Gymboree. I had a super busy & sometimes stressful time there so I think LO is mad at me for doing too much. I feel pretty horrible today & really don't wanna go to work tomorrow but at least it's Friday.
Me(Crystal), 32 DH, 30
Chemical 10/10/11
DD: born 9/28/12
BFP: 6/11/15
EDD: 2/16/16
pureascrystal
Star Member
Star Member

Postby SheRah327 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:21 pm

Pure - take it easy when you need to :) Sounds busy! I'm so excited for you to find out what you are having!!!!

Lisa - I can't believe we all get to find out what you are having TOMORROW!!! WOOO!!! I'll go girl! haha

Keira - So glad those contractions stopped! Phew!!!

PALS - I'm so happy that you are feeling better! Yes the sudafed totally works, I'm starting to decrease the dosage and only take 1 when I really need it. Hopefully tomorrow I won't need any.

Anxious - Sorry things are so hectic, see you on here when you have the time!

AFM - I had my appointment today and it was great! Baby growing away, I'm still measuring a week ahead. The big surprise was that the doctor estimated the baby to weigh a whopping 7lbs already! She signed me up to go get an ultrasound for a growth check to see how big this baby really is. (I know it's still not the most accurate thing) She thinks I could have a 9 pounder or more by delivery day. YIKES!!! I knew DH's family grew them big but this is crazy! I'm waiting for DH to get back from his business trip so I scheduled it for 4/24. I don't want him to miss seeing the baby :)
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:54 pm

SheRah... yowsas!!! 7lbs already?!?! Are they thinking you might go early (maybe inducing a week or so before the due date if the baby is getting that big???)??? Just curious. Don't freak out too much... I've heard that the weight guess-timates can be totally off. I'm totally now guessing "boy" for you!!! Ha ha ha!!! No real reason other than the fact that my only one that was over 9 pounds was a boy. ;) Did the doc check if you are dilating at all? At least you get to see your lo on the 24th... yippee for u/s!!! Glad everything is looking good!

Lisa, I'm sure you are sooooo excited about your big day tomorrow... keep us updated!!!! I can't wait to hear your news!

Pure... hang in there, girl! You'll be finding out your lo's gender in no time. I know what you mean about very little out there in clothing for those who don't know the gender. I've only bought one package of white onesies, and a couple "ducky" outfits. I'm going to just send my DH on a HUGE shopping spree once our little one is born so we can have gender-specific clothes for him or her. :) For the first few days, my little one will be living in white onesies! ;)

Ta ta, ladies! :) Have a great night!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:18 pm

Well she mentioned that I was measuring about a week ahead, so maybe! I have also been guessing boy. She didn't do a check to see if I was dilated, but said that the baby was still high up and hadn't yet dropped into my pelvis but was still head down and would likely stay that way.
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:49 am

Sounds like all good news, SheRah!!! I was measuring about two weeks ahead of schedule (this was the first time is all of my pregnancies that I actually measured ahead), but then, I was only a week ahead, and at my last visit, I was even again... measuring right on target. Ha ha ha... I guess my little one must have had a growth spurt at one point and then settled down a bit. Or, the PA just measured me differently than my doctor. Who knows?! :)

Yippee for having a head-down baby... looks like he or she is getting all ready!!! :) Hopefully, you'll have your newbie right in time for Mother's Day! :)

I ordered the furniture today! Woo hoo! The nursery will be painted this weekend, and furniture should all be delivered sometime next week. I'm so excited to have everything in place so I can add the fun accents (pics on the walls, mobile, accent rug, etc., etc.).

I also booked a cleaning lady to come and deep clean my house and get this place "baby ready"... I realized that I'm neglecting the corners/base-boards and all the other fun stuff, since I can't bend down well, and scrubbing gives me contrax. It's my excuse to let someone else do the hard stuff. ;) I'm treating myself to an early Mother's Day present. :)

Stalking Lisa for a gender update..... :)
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups