The Synchronized Cycle Sisters are PREGNANT!!! Part 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

The Synchronized Cycle Sisters are PREGNANT!!! Part 3

Postby PALS » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:15 pm

I can't believe we're on part 3... we're so chatty!! :) Hee hee hee! I hope everyone is having a good weekend. We're getting so much done over here. Nursery is getting painted and furniture should be here early next week! Woo hoo! I've almost bought all the big stuff... I'm trying to pace myself so I have something to keep me busy over the next seven to eight weeks! :) Our weeks tend to fill up so fast, though, so the weekends are the perfect time to make some progress.

How's everyone feeling?! Hope you all are doing well, ladies!! :)
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Keiraplus1please » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:57 am

Hey guys! Thought I would pass on a good find! I was looking for a nursing cover that didn't cost a small fortune and my friend told me about this. Just google "free nursing cover". The first option should be a Fabulouslyfrugal.com website. Click on that and it gives you instructions to go to a website called uddercovers.com website with a promo code. Basically you just go to the uddercovers website and use the promo code "onefree" and all you have to pay is shipping. Pretty nice! All I had to pay was $11.50ish. Then I got a second promo code out of that one and I got a sling for just the cost of shipping too! The nursing cover was originally $40 and the sling I think was originally $50! So I got a nursing cover and a sling for something like $26 instead of $90 plus shipping!

Sounds like nursery room is getting good progress pals! Got to feel good! Hubby and I tackled the patio furniture yesterday. Power washing and scrubbing. I'm ready to enjoy the clean patio! Not to mention a nice cool alcoholic drink! In good time! Almost there!
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby moominbaggins » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:09 am

hi ladies. i have been stalking but im having such a cr@py pregnancy i tend to no comment, dont want to keep moaning lol.

everything is good with baby. my metaphormin has been upped. at my 25 week midwife app my fundal hieght was 28 sooooo gonna have a massive baby due to the diabetes. got a growth scan tue :/. got my leathel chest infection back, so feeling really sucky! bh are annoying had them since 16 weeks and not getting a days brake. and having bad hip/pelvis pains, so finding it hard getting around. i put a brave face on most of the time but i got to admit im in agony! love baby even though shes a pain lol. my little girl has choose the name sarah since we found out shes a girl. not a name id choose but it is nice and i thikn its special as shes chosen it, so it likely we will be using that name. but who knows. lol

oh lisa congrats on baby girl! now you have your colors!

oooo sherah looks like your having a big baby too!! with lo at her 30+ weeks she was a 7lber at birth (38 weeks) she was 8.4 so try not worry to much :)

glad you other girls are doing well too.

will be stalking even if i dont post! xxx
me 25
dh 34
dd 3

bfp october due july - please stick little one!
moominbaggins
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby SheRah327 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:57 am

Moomin good to see I'm in good company with the big baby haha :) Sounds like it's been kind of rough for you :( I hope you are feeling better soon though! Pregnancy is SOOO not as easy as I thought it would be (Yes I was delusional and thought it would be "fun") I love the name Sarah it's so pretty!!!!

Keira thank you so much for the code! I had been wanting an udder cover so I ordered one :)

PALS I can't wait to see pics of the nursery!!!!

I had my work baby shower yesterday. It was fun! I can't even believe that my coworkers were so generous and so many of the guys at work who weren't at the shower gave money towards the big gift of a gift card for $700! wow! This baby is truly going to have more stuff than it knows what to do with. We plan on saving much of it to go towards diapers and clothes and other future needs :)
Me-31, DH-29 1st Cycle TTC Aug 2011
BFP 9/1/11
Baby Anna Arrived 5/8/12!
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby moominbaggins » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:54 am

wow you have done well with all ur baby showers! iv never had one. and i too was delusional which is worse as its my second lool xxxx
me 25
dh 34
dd 3

bfp october due july - please stick little one!
moominbaggins
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby PALS » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:27 pm

Keiraplus... Thanks for all the great freebie info!!!! Woo hoo... gotta love a good deal!!! :) Way to go on getting your patio summer-ready. I can't wait to enjoy time outside with the baby (and a cool beverage) this summer! :)

SheRah... you made out well at your baby shower! AWESOME!!! LIke you said, that will come in handy with buying all kinds of things once the baby gets older, too. You can never have too many diapers, wipes, clothes, etc.... :) How did the hospital tour go? Did you do that today?

Moom... you poor thing! You definitely have had a miserable go at it. Just know that you always have a place to vent over here! :) We miss you! Hopefully, we're still providing good reading material for ya! LOL! :)

Woo... the contrax have been kicking in today. I actually woke up in the middle of the night with some really odd feelings... thought maybe it was something I ate, like a food poisoning bout or something because I felt like I was going to either vomit or have the runs (sorry, tmi). However, this feeling was coming in waves, so I'm thinking it might have been contraction-related (but a more powerful version). Let me just say that it did not feel good at all, and I almost woke up DH, but they subsided. I'll mention it to the doctor when I go on Thurs. Today, I'm just back to normal BH contrax. (which has been ordinary for me since around 20 weeks). This just makes me realize I need to get all the odds and ends tied up soon... I kind of want to have everything finished by 36 weeks, so then, all I have to do is wait! :)

On the agenda this week... haircuts for all my kiddos and making a hair appt for me, too... gotta get my 'do in order before baby arrives!!!

Take care, ladies!
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:23 pm

PALS take it easy! Don't want that baby to come out too soon now :) You're a pro though, so I'm sure that you and the doc will get those crazy contractions under control :) How's the room coming along?

The hospital tour was kind of disappointing I have to say. I'll be delivering at Mount Sinai in the city and I have to say, for a private room, they should be embarrassed to charge what they do given their condition. $500/night for a pee yellow bathroom with sloppy looking paint and a room that's barely big enough for the little hospital bed and the chair that folds into a bed for hubby. There's 2 rooms at that price. The others which are renovated are still teeny tiny and range in price from $600-$750, the $850 room was the only one that looked like I would have thought the room should look like. That's crazy expensive.

I do want the private room so I can have my own bathroom and shower and so that hubby can stay. Otherwise I run the risk of having to use a shower in the shared hallway and hubby can't stay with me and the baby overnight. I really would feel better if he was there. When I don't feel well I really like my privacy and don't want to worry that someone else needs the bathroom, or have to use it while they have visitors.

Oh well, I know the hospital has great doctors and nurses and that's what matters the most.
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:38 am

Feeling much better tonight.... no more contractions! I definitely need to keep remembering to drink my water. :)

SheRah... that stinks about the hospital. Like you said, the most important thing is that the docs and nurses are great. However, I think they should offer all rooms to be private with private bathrooms and rooming in for the DH. That is strange that they have different rooms and price levels. Where I'm at, the hospital is super "posh"... every room is huge and private. They even offer manis/pedis and massages for the new moms (in-room)... not a bad set-up! It's basically like staying in a hotel, so I can't complain! However, when I had my first baby (in a different state), I had a room in which I had to share a bathroom, and that was kind of annoying. It just felt like I was too close for comfort with my hospital neighbor. ;) Like you said, when you don't feel great, you want your own space, and you want your DH to be able to stay with you. I'm glad my mom will be in town when little one arrives (she's basically made arrangements to be here about two weeks before the due date and staying through the due date, so we think she should be able to be here for the birth) so she can stay with my kids while DH can stay with me the whole time. That's sooooo important to me, so I can totally get where you are coming from.

Well, I'm up at 2:30 with preggo insomnia. I swear, the only thing on tv is "Full House" re-runs... uggg.... I better get sleepy fast! :)
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:36 am

hahaha "Full House"!!! Yeah this hospital offers the mani/pedi's too but I'm sure they cost like another $100. Seriously these prices are insane. They book the rooms like a hotel! Central Park View or Courtyard View. How about I don't give a crap what's outside my window but I'd like the room to look halfway decent???

Their waiting room also sucks. There's no tv's, the chairs are hard, the room is so hot you could pass out and the tour guide says it's pretty much always like that, and there is just one bathroom there for the people waiting and it smells like a filthy swamp.

So we are going to have the family wait back at my apartment or my sister's or they could go to the park or to starbucks or something if it's during the day. So annoyed by it!

Plus I have a growth ultrasound on 4/24 at 8:30 in the morning and then the doctor's appointment is an hour later at 9:30. I tried to make the one earlier and the other later but I couldn't budge either! So, I was like oh well hopefully I'll make it on time, because I want DH there! I'm going to arrive early to the u/s and hope to get done before 9:15, hop in a cab and get there by 9:30...hahaha something tells me that's wishful thinking...I'll talk to hubby later about it when he calls from his trip. It's halfway over now, he comes back early Saturday!
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby Lisa614 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:10 am

Sherah, that sucks about your hospital and the crappy rooms and waiting room. And those prices are ridiculous! I don't think any woman going through labor really cares what kind of a view she has. Hopefully it all goes fast and you're in and out in no time. It makes me glad my hospital is pretty new and the rooms are nice. Everyone gets their own room with a bathroom. There's only a couch for dh to sleep on, but I'm sure he'll manage. Glad your dh will be home soon.

Pals, take it easy hun, we don't want that baby to come quite this soon! :wink: Hopefully just the normal BH contractions for while. Sounds like you're making great progress on the nursery though. That's great that your mom will be there to take care of the other kids. Dh will definitely be staying with me too, but we only have dogs at home to worry about at the moment.

Moomin, good to hear from you hun. I'm sorry to hear your still not feeling well. Wishing this was an easier pregnancy for you. That's really sweet that dd picked out a name for the new LO, I think Sarah is a good name too if you decide to go with it. At least she didn't pick something crazy!

Keira, I'm going to go check out that deal and see if it still works, that sounds great!

Well we spent the weekend cleaning out the the office, soon to be nursery. We got all of the big stuff and organizing taken care of, so just a few odds and ends left and then we can start decorating! Right now I'm thinking of a coral and white nursery. I didn't really want pink, so I think coral is nice compromise of still girly but not quite pink. Do you girls think it would be too overwhelming to paint all of the walls a bright coral color? I just can't decide if it would be too much...and not a calming nursery feeling in there. I'm hoping to paint in two weeks, MIL and probably my mom will be coming down to help out.
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
Found out I was pregnant on 12/17/11!
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby SheRah327 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:26 am

maybe you could do a pastel coral? that would calm it down some :) My bedroom back at my parents house was a light coral color, I loved it! I google imaged light coral...check this room out, not a baby room, but I think those walls seem not too bright
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en ... 1,s:0,i:72
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby Lisa614 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:32 pm

That's a good idea Sherah, I could always go with a lighter color for the walls and then use a darker coral for accents where I can find it. This is the room that has been my main inspiration so far...

http://www.google.ca/imgres?hl=en&clien ... 0,s:0,i:66
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
Found out I was pregnant on 12/17/11!
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby SheRah327 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:09 pm

oh i love that bedding set, that room looks so pretty
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby Anxious2BaMommy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi Ladies!!!

I see some of you have gotten on the move with the Nurseries!! I so Can't wait and those colors are gorgeous!!

Sherah glad to here Baby will be well prepared for lol I feel the same way. Barely out of first trimester and between work friends, my family and DF's family I've pretty much been told not to buy a thing, I got NO PROBLEM with that. More money for us to save.

I never considered a private room. Is the overnight stay the same with all hospitals? I never talked to another mom about it and I don't think me or DF would like it if he couldn't stay. Might be something we have to look into.

PALS Eeeeek!! Contractions!! You're so close this is exciting!! I'm TERRIFIED of labor. I HATE needles so I won't be getting an epidural and my pain tolerance is at a -20. I feel bad for DF he is not going to like me in all that pain. Will you be going natural?

Moomin Aww I'm sorry! Sounds like Baby Girl is putting you through it. I hope you feel better soon. You're more than halfway done!! The end result will be more than worth it!

Keira Whats an uddercover?

I find out Baby's Gender May 29th!!! We are soooooo excited! We will be able to start the nursery then I've been looking at some things but nothing as cute as what you ladies have found.

My oldest brother is "upset" that I'm having 2 showers. He says I'm acting "funny" which I don't get. This is me and DF's first child so we are gonna take all the help we can get excuse you. Then he got upset b/c yet another family member asked me what I wanted and I responded, yet again, that I wasn't sure and all I could think of were glass bottles and krochet blankets. He, of course, got mad again and said "it's not what you want it's what we give you" which would be an understandable retort if, 1. anyone was talking to you and 2. THEY ASKED ME it's not like I'm demanding people buy me certain things. My mom thinks he's upset b/c my baby is getting a lot more "attention" then his did.....are you serious? YOU'RE 32!!!

I just want it to be October already lol We want to meet Baby!! :jump: :jump:
DF:22 Me:22
BFP on 02/21/2012 !!
Team PINK!!
Beta 1: 22,787 @25dpo!!!
Beta 2: 39,791 @27dpo!!! Prog.:18.47
6w3d Heart Rate: 132 :hb: !!
12w5d Heart Rate: 168 :hb: !!
16w5d Heart Rate: 153 :hb:
May 31st: :babyb: Heart Rate: 143 :hb:
June 28th: :babyb: Heart Rate: 154 :hb:
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Anxious2BaMommy

Postby PALS » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:14 pm

Anxious... that stinks that your brother is giving you a hard time. You are entitled to your showers, and you can definitely make requests (that's why many people register... most people want to buy you what you need and want). Regarding your question about going natural... nope... I'm all about getting the epidural. I've tried that natural thing four times before, and it gets so intense that I just know I'd rather have the epidural. One of the times, I waited a little too long to get the epidural, and it became a "frantic" scene, and the anestesiologist (totally butchered the spelling, sorry) punctured my dura, so I was leaking spinal fluid... lead to some complications. Long-story-short, I want to avoid all that craziness and just go in asking for the epidural. Honestly, getting the epidural doesn't really hurt... you're nice and numb and distracted. Waaaayyyyy less painful than labor, if you ask me. Even with my complications from the last epidural I had, I'm still willing to have the epidural (just goes to show ya how great they are). ;)

Oh, and an uddercover is a company/brand that makes nursing covers... basically, it is like an apron that covers you up for nursing in public... they are awesome!

Lisa, I LOVE the coral color! Sooooo pretty! I'm sure your nursery will look amazing!

SheRah, when is your next appt.? I know you said you had two on the 24th, right... is that the next time you see the doc? I bet you are counting down the days until your DH is back!

Keira, Pure, Moom... how are you ladies feeling? Anything new?

I have a doctor appt. on Thursday, so I'm looking forward to that. I plan to finish up some last minute purchases this week, too. I think all the big stuff is ordered. So far, so good... no more crazy contrax (other than my normal BH). My sciatic nerve is killing me, though... anyone else getting that!?

Take care, ladies!!! Sorry for my crazy typos... I'm typing super duper fast to get this in while the kids are playing quietly together. :)
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Next

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups