The Synchronized Cycle Sisters are PREGNANT!!! Part 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby SheRah327 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:57 pm

PALS my next appointment is also this Thursday :), Then I have two on Tuesday, the u/s followed by appointment.

Anxious - that seems to be standard about DH's sleeping over in NYC, but not totally sure. It could be different at other hospitals in other places.

I am excited to go to the doc on Thursday, it's my 36 week appointment, then Tuesday I'll be 37 weeks, can you believe it!?
Me-31, DH-29 1st Cycle TTC Aug 2011
BFP 9/1/11
Baby Anna Arrived 5/8/12!
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:41 am

SheRah, I CAN'T BELIEVE that you are already 36 weeks!!! Holy cow... I'm getting choked up because it has been such a journey... I remember when you found out you were pg back on the other boards! So crazy that you're in the home stretch, now!!! Considering we've all been pretty much chatting non-stop over the last several month, I feel like you all are like "sisters"! Truly, we have to all keep in touch once these little ones are here! Okay... end emotional moment... hee hee hee! :)

I can't wait to hear how your appt. goes tomorrow, SheRah... you'll probably get the fun "internal" exam. ;) I've already made sure my appts. are scheduled around my boys' preschool time, as there is no way I want them at any of those lovely appts. ;)
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby pureascrystal » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Hey y'all. Wow, there has been so much To catch up on. I am
So jealous of all the nursery planning! I can't wait!! Looks like if the baby cooperates I will be able to start planning that nursery May 7th! The countdown is on!!
Me(Crystal), 32 DH, 30
Chemical 10/10/11
DD: born 9/28/12
BFP: 6/11/15
EDD: 2/16/16
pureascrystal
Star Member
Star Member

Postby PALS » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:09 pm

Well, another great doctor's appt. under my belt! I'm measuring a week ahead of my due date (dare I hope for an on-time baby.... all my others have been late). During my exam, my doctor was like, "I'm guessing you're having a boy." She said she based it on the heart rate, but also said that's all an old wives' tale... she told me she'd probably be guessing girl next time. LOL! I knew the baby was totally asleep, which is why I think the heart rate was a little on the lower side. ;)

Not much else is new on my end... still plugging away at the nursery! I hope you all are doing well! SheRah... I'm stalking you for doctor appt. updates! Hope all went well today!

Take care, ladies!
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:28 pm

Yay PALS!!! I'm a week ahead too in measurements so we'll see!! I agree, we all have to stay in touch on here after the babies arrive :)

I went to the doctor today and had my 36.5 week visit. My sis was nice enough to go with me even though she didn't get to see very much this time. Everything with me checked out just fine, the baby's heartbeat was pounding away, and I found out that the jabs in my side are from the baby's feet, apparently he or she likes to stretch out. No major progress yet, but I'm right where I should be at this point in time, she said the baby is still head down, it dropped some, and I have a soft cervix.

I have to go see the eye doctor tomorrow because I see a floater in my left eye. They don't think it's due to blood pressure or anything like that because it's normal. They took some blood to be sure. So, we'll see what the eye doc says, I think it's just one of those things that will probably go away once the baby arrives, let's hope.

:) My next appointment complete with a growth scan ultrasound will be on Tuesday! So I should have some new pictures to share.

Hope all is well!
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby moominbaggins » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:52 am

just a quick stop before my next midwife app in an hour. just wanted to say growth scan went well. measuring 28 weeks 3lbs. baby just over the 50th centile but tummy is up to 95th centile, but thats due to my gest diabetes. and will be monitored, plenty of fluid round baby. its all good :)

and to top it off got this brill shot of baby sucking her hand. was clearer on screen, and the other pic is the night before, ou can see where baby was laying thats babys back running down my hand and bum by my thumb :D

me 25
dh 34
dd 3

bfp october due july - please stick little one!
moominbaggins
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby PALS » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:06 am

Moom... sounds like all is well! Great pics!!! :) Keep us posted on how you're feeling and all that good stuff. Glad to hear the scan went so well!

SheRah... I'm curious to hear about that floater. I had some floaters the other day for the first time. It was very odd... all of a sudden, I felt like I was seeing little black fireworks. However, my blood pressure is totally normal, too. I think it was from bending over to pick something up and then standing back up too quickly. I haven't seen anything like that before or since. For me, I think it was totally isolated. Plus, I went to the eye doctor last weekend (my glasses majorly need to be updated, as they are being held together by duct tape) and everything was normal. I'm still curious to know what your eye doctor says.

SheRah, so glad everything is looking good and you are right where you need to be (babywise). Hopefully, you'll go a week early or so. ;) Can't wait to hear about your scan on Tuesday.

Pure... yippee for May 7 scan!!! How exciting!!! I bet you can't wait to find out what you are having!!!

I'm so excited... my brother and SIL just told me they are pregnant! My SIL is 14 weeks along. She had two previous miscarriages, and she had some uterine bleeding this time around, as well. So, I know my bro and SIL are very nervous, but so excited. I am sooooo happy for them, and of course, praying for them like crazy that this pregnancy is safe and healthy.

So funny because my bro was like, "well, we're finding out what we're having in about five weeks". So, my bro will know what he's having before I know what I'm having... LOL! :) I feel like waiting the full 40 weeks truly is a test in patience... I'm sooooo anxious to know my baby's gender!!!! I'm starting to go crazy!!! ;)

Have a great day, everyone!!! :)
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:09 am

Moomin great pics! Such a cute baby :) Glad everything is going well so far!

PALS that's awesome about your bro and SIL! Hopefully it's a smooth pregnancy!!!

So it was just a floater. Doc said if you see flashes of light with it, it's a problem because it's pulling on something that means. No flashes of light, no problem and I haven't had any of that. He said that its due to some kind of breakdown in the back of your eye like gel or something and it doesn't see pigment I guess so that's what the spot is. It either drops to the bottom out of your field of vision eventually, or your brain adapts to it and you don't really notice it anymore. He said it's just a nuisance nothing to worry about.
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby moominbaggins » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:52 am

awww pals thats great news about sil!

sherah glad your floater is nothing serious. does that mean it will go once baby is here? or is it something you will always have.

gosh cant get over that our first baby will be born soon and it will all go fast from there!

brought a few things for my hospital bag. minus a bag lol. you would think i would know better for what i need as its my second but im just as clueless. even more so as i know im in for 3 days.

saw my community midwife fri, everything is good, i was 28+4 and was measuring 32 8O . she's refered me for physio and a breastfeeding clinic as im quite anxious about breast feeding due to dd refusing to lach regardless ofhow many lactation nurses fiddle with me lol. so trying to get as much info this time as i can, spec if this one decides not to aswell.

hope all you girls are ok :) xxxx
me 25
dh 34
dd 3

bfp october due july - please stick little one!
moominbaggins
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby SheRah327 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:07 am

Well it may go away or it may stay, there's no way to really know :?

I wonder why you are measuring so far ahead, but that's not really a big deal right? I'm a week ahead myself. I go for my ultrasound tomorrow!

We went and got our stroller this weekend and the rest of the stuff that we thought we might need from our registry with the completion coupons. I still have some money left but I'm saving it for the larger car seat and then some diapers and stuff.

Hope you all had a great weekend!
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby Keiraplus1please » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:06 am

Sherah - I hope they do go away for you! That would stink if they didn't. I feel you on the side effects from preganancy thing! I just noticed I am getting some huge vericose veins on the back of my right leg, around my calf area! So yukky! I hope they go away too, but I heard they could stay. I didn't have any with DD. You're getting sooooo close! Glad the baby is head down for you too!

PALS - congrats to your brother and SIL! That's great! Got to be bitter sweet that they find out the sex first though! One week ahead huh? Wouldn't it be nice to go early? I keep wishing for an earlier one this time, but I won't get my hopes up. DD was born exactly on her due date, so I can't imagine what it's like to be late, ugh....

Pure - May 7th isn't that far away at all! Got any guesses? Let's see, what do we have on the board? I can't remember. I think one of each (my little boy and I know there is one girl too.)????

Moomin - Sorry it's been a rough one for ya. I hope some of those symptoms subside soon! As for breastfeeding, I hear each one can be totally different, so you never know, this one might latch right on and be the best feeder ever!

Anxious - Sounds like your brother is jealous! I agree with whoever said about the "attention" thing. Is he used to getting all/most of the attention? Just ignore him and do what you're doing. Contractions aren't that bad when they are just braxton hicks (like they are at this stage), just makes your belly feel really tight for 30 seconds or so and then it goes away. They don't really hurt though. That's how you know when it's real, the contractions start to hurt and just get worse. As for the epidural, I agree with PALS. I absolutely hate needles too, but I won't hesitate to get another epidural like I had with DD. When you are in labor and just want the pain to subside, you could care less about a small needle going into your back. And they numb you with a local anesthetic first so you don't even feel it going in. Will I still try to go natural? Sure! But, I'm guessing I'll end up with an epidural anyway....and I'm fine with that too. You'll know when the time comes. I still think the dumb IV is worse than the epidural and even that's not that bad either.

AFM - My rib pain is still the same. Oh-well, just need to cope as best I can. On the cute side, I am almost positive I felt the lo's toes this morning. He was pressing them really hard out towards my belly button and I swear I can feel more detail in that area because my abdominal muscles have separated a good bit. I kept trying to find them for about an hour or so. Brought a big smile to my face! I have my 34 week appt. this Wednesday and then one more in the two week span, then I go weekly already! Ack! Getting closer! I can't believe it will be May in about a week. I put in my paperwork to stop working after May 25th (the Friday before Memorial Day.) Then there is only two weeks of school left, so I only need to use about 10 sick days and the summer break begins. They've already assigned a long term substitute teacher for me. I hope I make it that long! 5 weeks of work left!
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Lisa614 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:26 am

Hey girls! Sorry I haven't been on much, work has been crazy lately, and when I'm not totally exhausted from that, there's so much to do at home. We've got a big yard project planned for next weekend, and dh and I did a lot of prep work this weekend. I also went shopping with my mom this weekend and bought the first baby things! We went to a consignment sale and just got some used clothes and a baby bath tub. It's so weird shopping for our little girl, trying to picture her in these clothes. I feel like I need to know her before I can pick out clothes for her, lol, but I'm guessing anything cute will work!

Keira, wow, I can't believe you're at 34 weeks already, your little boy will be here in no time! That's so cute that you got to feel his little feet, I can't wait till our baby girl is big enough to really feel where she's at in there.

Sherah, glad the eye thing was no big deal. Sounds like you're pretty much ready to go with the baby stuff! That's awesome that you have money left to get all the things you'll need as baby grows.

Moomin, wow you're measuring far ahead! But your little girl was close to where she should be last time they checked right? I'm anxious about breastfeeding too, just cause I don't really know what to expect. I'm going to take a class at my hospital, hopefully it helps some. Hope this one latches better than your first.

Pals, that's awesome about your brother and SIL! I hope they have a healthy baby! Did you guys get the nursery all painted this weekend?

Anxious, I'd try to just ignore your brother if that's possible, sounds like he's just jealous of the attention. I'll be having two showers too, one at work and one with family and friends. And if someone is asking what you want, then that's what you tell them, lol. If they really want to get you something else they will. One month until you find out! It'll be here in no time!

Pure, May 7th! Two weeks till you find out! It's so exciting, I'm sure the next two weeks will just fly by!

Wow, I had a lot to catch up on! Have a good day ladies!
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
Found out I was pregnant on 12/17/11!
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:13 am

Hey Ladies!

Wow, so much to catch up on!!!

Lisa.... woo hoo for buying the first baby stuff!!! So funny because pretty much the last item I need to still pick up is a baby bath tub, and I can't decide which kind to get. with my other kids, we had the kind with the sling, and it worked out okay, but the tub itself is so bulky, and I never know what to do with it. I wish I could find the perfect sling or seat to place right in the sink, but our sinks are pretty small.

Keiraplus... yippee for only 5 weeks of work! I bet you can't wait to be finished! Wow... 34 weeks!!! Woo hoo... so funny because I'm 33 weeks, but 34 weeks just sounds soooooo much further along! LOL! Are you packing your bags yet? Sorry to hear the rib pain is still there. Ugg... :(

SheRah... many of your fellow May ladies have started popping out those babies... you must be getting soooooo excited!!!! Is DH back? Sorry about the floater. That must be quite annoying!!! Can't wait to hear about your appts. tomorrow!

Moom... don't worry too much about measuring ahead. I was a couple weeks ahead at one point, but looks like baby has "evened out" in growth, and I'm more like a week ahead (as is the case for some of the other ladies, too). I truly believe those measurements can swing a couple different ways depending on who is measuring. One doc would always measure "ahead", and one would measure "right on", so I think there is a variance in how they measure.

AFM... nursery is painted and the furniture is in... I just have to arrange it the way I want it (still deciding the perfect configuration) and start putting on the finishing touches and accents. Today, I think I'm going to start washing some things (crib bedding, clothing, etc.). I picked up some things I need to put in my hospital bag... I'll probably start packing within the next week or two (just for fun... not because I think I'll go early, but I might as well put all these "do-dahs" in the bag). So funny because I picked up a pack of pads for after the baby is born... ugg... been nice not having to worry about pads for the past 9 months... I'm not looking forward to having to use those again!!!

Enjoy the week ladies.... this is my "off week" for doc. appt., so I'll be stalking all of you (SheRah and Keira... you both have appts., right?) for updates!!!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Keiraplus1please » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:13 am

PALS - yeah, I have an appointment on Wednesday afternoon/evening. Been having a lot of contractions lately. It's at the point where I time them but them never quite reach over the limit (more then 6 contractions per hour). Just seems a little early to be having to time contractions. Then they'll slow down for a little and pick back up again. Do you notice that you get more contractions after eating a meal? Didn't pack my bags yet, but last night I really had the urge to pack, get out the car seat and bassinet from the attic, etc....

I think I stand corrected on our count for gender..... Do we have 2 girls and one boy?

Me (Keiraplus) - Boy
PALS - Team Green
SheRah - Team Green right?
Moomin - Girl
Lisa - Girl
Pure - Find out May 7th
Anxious - Find out May 29th

I'm so sorry if I'm forgetting someone....
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby SheRah327 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:58 pm

Quick update: Went for doctor's appointment today and my blood pressure was high 140's/90's and they sent me to the hospital. They were considering inducing me! YIKES! Although I failed the urine protein test at the docs office, I passed at the hospital and I passed all the blood work, so they let me go home. I now have to collect all of my pee for 24 hours and get it tested tomorrow and get my blood pressure checked tomorrow. So we'll see what happens tomorrow afternoon. They say I am done with work, which I wasn't prepared to hear, and that they would like to see the baby stay in until 38 weeks, but if it has to be now that's fine too. I'm 37 weeks today. I'll try to post an update tomorrow!

Also baby wasn't too big at all in the growth scan, 65th percentile and weighs in at about a little more than seven pounds phew!
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups