The Synchronized Cycle Sisters are PREGNANT!!! Part 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby PALS » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:24 am

Keira... yippee!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOO excited for you!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations, and I can't wait for pictures and updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:52 am

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! :congrats: That is so great!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for more details and pics too! Hope you are doing well mama!!!
Me-31, DH-29 1st Cycle TTC Aug 2011
BFP 9/1/11
Baby Anna Arrived 5/8/12!
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby moominbaggins » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:35 pm

yay :congrats: :cong: well done hun!! enjoy your mummy cuddles... looking forward to your updates xx

you next pals! haha xx
me 25
dh 34
dd 3

bfp october due july - please stick little one!
moominbaggins
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Keiraplus1please » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Sort of short and sweet. This all started Sunday evening with contractions that were starting to feel more "real.". We went in to the hospital and I was only one centimeter. They had me stay for one hour to be monitored and walk the halls. After the hour, rechecked, and I was still one centimeter. Sent home, while crying in the car...I was so bummed! Hubby stopped and got me some unisom to try to help me sleep. Yeah, right! Didn't work. I just sat on the couch and labored through the night, and then tried climbing into bed with hubby and tried to labor there. Double yeah, right! By morning I was exhausted. I took a nice warm shower. When I was done I thought I can not do that another night. I got out my exercise ball and sat and rotated around on that thing for a good while! My contractions went from about 5 - 10 minutes apart to 4-6 and they were much stronger! Even though the doctor from the night before said to try and wait to come back until they are 3-4 minutes apart I told hubby there was no way I was waiting! We were leaving now! On the ride to the doctors office ( for some reason they sent us there this time, probably because it was a weekday during day hours.) my contractions were getting really long and strong and moved to 2-3 minutes apart! When they checked me I was in so much pain, but she just said you're going straight to the hospital! Hallelujah!!! I was four centimeters and 100% effaced. Got to the hopsital and they quickly admitted me and I immediately asked for my epidural! I was so tired! I got that, thank god, it was really quick and much less painful then contractions. I only had that for about 2-3 hours more and I felt the pressure! I knew his head was really low. They came back in and said I think it's time to push. Midwife checked me and said yup, your fully dilated. I pushed for 15-20 minutes and he came out beautifully! I only tore a small amount in two spots. Unfortunately one was a clitoral tear, that needed one stitch and there was one really small tear down low, no stitch there. Much better then my 2 inch episiotomy with dd! Placenta came out after she did her stitch, no pain with that at all, just mild cramping. He nursed right away like a champ. Only down side was I couldnt pee after the epidural was wearing off. I had to have a cath to drain my urine. When I got back to my permanent room I still couldn't pee so I had to have a cath put in over night. Yuk. I've been peeing today though, so it's all good now.

He is still feeding like a champ and has been great! We are on to night number two and hubby won't be with me tonight. He took dd home since she had been away from us for two nights already. I wish he could stay,but I'm sure we'll be fine. I miss them both dearly right now though.

I go home tomorrow morning, yay! I'm ready to get home to my own house. I'm not near as nervous as I was with the first. I know we'll figure things out and the little guy will adjust, and we will too. Plus we have little mommy to help us, haha!

I'm sure I forgot something, but that's it in a nutshell. Time to check on the little guy! It's amazing how your love just grows to accommodate another child! They are my world!
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby PALS » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:42 pm

Awww.... so sweet! Everything sounds like it went really well. Sorry about all the peeing issues, but it sounds that's getting better. Just watch for a UTI. I had a catheter with my first and ended up having a UTI a few days later and had to go to the ER.

I know what you mean about wanting to get home and in your routine. I know you'll feel like a pro, now. Like you said, it is so different when it is your second... much less nerve-wracking. :) Enjoy every little minute with your new little man!!! What a wonderful birth story!!!

How is everyone else doing?

I had my 39 week appt. today, and I'm maybe 1-2cm... really not much change. She said I'm still think (meaning not very effaced). I will be induced next Tuesday on my due date. That just really makes the most sense at this point, so I'm totally okay with that plan. I've done "the natural" thing 4 times, so if it comes to having to be induced, I'll be okay. Of course, I'm still hoping I go on my own before then, but just having that end date makes me feel relieved. This little one seems to be pretty content inside (reminds me of my third, who was a whopper of a baby boy).

Of course, after the exam, I had all the lovely brown spotting, cramps, pressure, and now some contractions, so I guess you never know. Maybe this will be the time I go from "nadda to 10" in record time. To be honest, though, having an induction means that I am sure to get to the hospital in plenty of time for my antibiotic (for the Group B Strep). My greatest fear is going into labor and having things happen too fast to get the antibiotic. I guess we'll see what happens in the next six days! :)

In the meantime, I plan on enjoying time with my kiddos, my mom, and my DH (our anniversary is Thursday) and just "chilling out" and waiting for Tuesday!!! :)

Take care, ladies!!!! :)
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Keiraplus1please » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:43 pm

Yay, pals, the end is near! Sorry this will be short. Baby is feeding right now. Maybe you'll get going after that check! Can't wait to read your birth story next!
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby SheRah327 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:16 pm

Keira! It sounds like you've had such a great experience with this birth! So happy for you! It's also so exciting that you get to go home tomorrow...it's so great to get to relax where you are comfortable. I'm glad you didn't tear too much! It's also so great that your little one is feeding like a champ! I'm so jealous! I wish Anna would...we are making some progress, I got her to nurse for a few minutes, but I think she is set with the bottle. Keep up the good work there!!!!

PALS - I just know it will be any day! I can't believe you are 39 weeks! I hope you don't have to be induced and can just go on your own. I can't believe you are going to have five children! Wowza! You are going to be one busy lady!!!!
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby Lisa614 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:53 am

Keira, so glad to hear that you and Blake are doing so well! Aside from being sent home the first time, it seems like everything went pretty well. So glad to hear he's feeding well too. That's all just so awesome. I'd really like to not have an episiotomy either, it seems like natural tears aren't near as bad. Glad you get to go home soon, enjoy your time with your new LO! How has dd been with him? Is she more excited now for having a little brother?

Pals, only one more week at the most! It's got to be nice at least to know the end is near. But who knows, maybe you'll go before then, could be any day now! Hopefully you can enjoy your last week!

Sherah, sorry to hear Anna is still not really nursing, but at least she's eating well from a bottle. I'm still so worried about breastfeeding, but I guess we just have to wait and see what happens.

Moomin, you're getting close too! It won't be long before you're at the weekly checks! Are you getting induced early?

AFM, I have my 28 week appointment tomorrow, with the lovely glucose test and another u/s. They're doing the u/s to check on the cyst they saw at 20 weeks, so I'm hoping that it has gone away, or at least isn't any worse. I'm excited to see her again though! Then it's on to appointments every two weeks!
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
Found out I was pregnant on 12/17/11!
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:06 pm

Lisa, how did your appt. go? Is the cyst gone? Hoping you had a good check-up. Once you start those 2-week visits, the time really goes fast... until the last month... then, time just kind of stands still. ;)

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary (9 years!). Looking forward to a nice evening out with my DH tomorrow! :)
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Lisa614 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:05 am

Pals, my appointment is actually today, and not till this afternoon, but I'll definitely update later. Have fun celebrating your anniversary! Ours is actually one week from today, 4 years for us!
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby Keiraplus1please » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:09 am

Lisa, how'd the appt. go? Dd is doing great! She's not overly into him, and just kind of goes about her usual routine, which is fine. She'll go to him when he's crying to talk to him. dh has been playing with her a lot too, which she loves.

Pals, how ya feeling Hun? Did you have a nice dinner with dh?

Sherah, don't worry about the bf. are you pumping or supplementing with formula? Either way I'm sure she's a happy little girl! How are your nights right now? I had a rough one two nights ago. He just wanted to eat and eat!

Things are going well, but we are in the first week here. Expect some rough nights here and there. Last night was pretty decent. I resort to side lying feedings in bed sometimes, that way I can rest my head and eyes a little. I just wanted some sleep after the night before (only had about 3 hours sleep, ugh).

Otherwise things are great!
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Lisa614 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:24 am

Hey girls, the appointment went good yesterday, I always love getting to see her. So I guess they did this ultrasound more for a growth scan than to look at the cyst again. They said they can't really see it anymore because the skull starts calcifying and they can't see that far in. But everything they could see in her head looked fine, so no worries on that front. We're going to do another growth scan in a month because she is measuring a little small (I think mostly just her head is). But we're not really worried, dh and I are both fairly small people anyways, and he has a really small head for a guy, so I think she's just taking after him. Everything else looked great though, fluids and lungs and everything. And she is currently head down, I don't know if she'll stay that way until labor, but it's kind of a relief she's already there. On to two week appointments and meeting the other doctors, but there's only three and I already met one.

Keira, so glad to hear things are going so well! I hope you manage a bit more sleep, but I'm sure all first weeks are pretty crazy. Do you have any pics to share?

Pals, how was the anniversary? Hope you both had a nice evening out!

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:47 pm

Lisa, glad the appt. went so well! Sounds like she's doing great! As you said, sometimes those measurements are just indicative of your individual baby. My kids tend to show up on the growth scans as being low on the weight percentages (after they are born, when they go for their check-ups at the ped. office), but my DH and I are both tall and fairly skinny, so it makes sense that our kids would be off the charts for height but "under average" for weight. You'll probably have a petite little princess, which is nothing to worry about. :)

Nothing too exciting to report. Still up at night... still having heartburn... not a ton of contractions, but feeling pressure everywhere (down low, up high, ugg). I'm guessing I'll go until my due date. Did I tell you ladies that I'll be induced on Tuesday if nothing happens before then? I'm totally okay with that. As long as I at least make it to the due date, I'm fine with an induction (I wouldn't induce before, even though she offered that). It is nice to have the end within reach, which will allow me to have a stress-free weekend. Who knows... maybe something will happen before Tuesday. On Monday, I have a dr. appt., where my OB will be putting something in (she called it a "balloon"?????) to get my cervix going a little... hmmm... not so sure about that one. Amazing how even though this is my fifth, I'm having some new experiences! :)

Have a great weekend, ladies!!!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:23 pm

PALS - Wow, I had the balloon, I think I wrote about it in my birth story on here. It's not exactly pleasant but boy does it get things going! They put a balloon catheter up your vag and then they fill it with saline up to three centimeters. Then they tape the tail of the catheter to your leg so that it pulls a little applying pressure to your cervix. Eventually, it falls out. That means you are at three centimeters and then they usually start the pitocin after that. It was the wildest experience when I went to the bathroom (dripping blood all over the place like a heavy period, I felt so bad for the cleanup guy) and I sat on the toilet and plop! I birthed a balloon! It's a much better option than the misoprostal which I have heard negative things about and the FDA has a warning about using it for cervical ripening...I can't believe my hospital used that instead of cervadil which is a gel and supposed to be a much safer option, but that's why I opted for the balloon.

How was your anniversary dinner? Also, I just read this...are they putting the balloon in at the doctor's office? If so bring some HEAVY pads... It will make you have contractions so get ready! I can't believe they wouldn't send you to the hospital for that.

Here is a video of an induction and they show the foley catheter (aka balloon!) http://www.babycenter.com/2_video_10300051.bc

Lisa - I breastfeed a little when I have time to try to "teach" her each day, but she usually gets frustrated and screams. I can sometimes get her to do it for a few minutes. I'm pumping though. I am getting so much milk now I have a stash in the freezer. Turns out I should not have bought that case of formula off of Amazon. It's good until March though and if it looks like we won't need it even then, then I will donate it in December or something to a food bank I guess.

Also that's good that you had such a nice appointment. Don't worry about the size thing, the U/S aren't that accurate. They thought Anna would be nearly 10 pounds and she was just under 7! I'm sure everything is fine!
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby pureascrystal » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Had my first 4D ultrasound today. Little girl just loves to put her hands by her face!! She definitely has her Daddy's nose & mouth and my eyes and forehead so far & MY sassy attitude. haha I am having another one at about 30 weeks so can't wait to see how fat she's gotten from today.

I'm still working on the nursery so I will post pics as soon as it's "mostly" done. I'm painting a painting for her and doing a DIY baby mobile so I am just crafting away. Yes, I am one of those crafty people but only for myself...which is awful but if I'm gonna spend all that time doing something custom...I'm going to enjoy it!!

Other than that, I am doing good & happy. Sleeping sucks and I discovered some new stretch marks today! BOOOOOOO!!!

OH!!!!!!! I ALMOST FORGOT!!! The best news!!! DH officially has a new job starting in one week!!! He is going to be a Memphis Police Officer which is the start to his career in the criminology field!!! We are SO excited and now I'm just trying to decide how long I'm going to stay out with Olivia with a 2 income household now! :)

Kiera: I'm so glad that we have another happy, healthy SCS baby. I'm glad your experience went well. Reading all these birth stories kinda makes me nervous because you start to realize all the things that can go wrong!! Can't wait to see pics!

Sherah: OMG that balloon story is so FREAKY!! Sometimes I can't decide if I want to know all the crazy things that happen or if I just would rather not know.....because it is SCARY!!

Lisa: Glad your appointment went well and your LO seems to be doing great! THere is nothing like that feeling of seeing her and knowing at least in that moment that she's ok...

amber: Any update on the kids?? You are so amazing for taking them.
Me(Crystal), 32 DH, 30
Chemical 10/10/11
DD: born 9/28/12
BFP: 6/11/15
EDD: 2/16/16
pureascrystal
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups