The Synchronized Cycle Sisters are PREGNANT!!! Part 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby SheRah327 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Pure - Those pics are great!!!! What a beautiful little baby!!!!!!!!!!!! Also congrats to your hubby on his new job, that's awesome! I can't wait to see your nursery pics.

Ha, the balloon was freaky but not scary :) It's kind of a weird experience lol.
Me-31, DH-29 1st Cycle TTC Aug 2011
BFP 9/1/11
Baby Anna Arrived 5/8/12!
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:41 pm

Pure... what a doll!!!!!!!! Love those pictures!!!! Congrats to your DH on the job! Awesome news!!!

SheRah... THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH for letting me know about that balloon. I had never heard of it before, and I was so curious to know what the heck it's all about. Glad to have the inside info before I go into that appt. on Monday!!!!!! I know, isn't it strange that they are doing that in the office? Basically, at my last appt., she was like, "okay, your induction will be on Tuesday, and the hospital will call you anytime after midnight on Monday when they have a bed ready." Then, I asked her if conditions were favorable for an induction (since I'm only 1cm and thick). I was worried that I'd go through an induction but it wouldn't work. She was like, "oh yeah, you'll be fine...... well, actually, to make things even smoother, we can put a ballon in on Monday, and then, you'll be 3cm when they start the induction and it will go even smoother." So, before I had time for questions, she was writing notes on my chart and saying, "yep, that's what we'll do, so you'll be scheduled to come in here for that".... YIKES! So, they are going to put in this balloon and then send me home????? FUN TIMES!!!!!! Did you have contractions start from that balloon, or did they immediately give you the pitocin??? I guess I'll be having a wild night at home on Monday!!! Jeepers! I won't be surprised if it pushes me over the edge and sends me into labor before I even have to show up for the induction. Strange! My appt. is Monday at 2:45pm, so I'll be ready to run to the hospital any time that evening. I'm just sooooo paranoid about things "getting real" and not getting to the hospital in time for my GBS antibiotic! I guess that if I start really contracting, I'll go right away because what are they going to do??? Send me home, knowing that I'm scheduled for an induction the next morning???? Maybe she'll just decide to send me right to the hospital that night after all????? At least DH is going to the appt. with me, and my mom is home with the kids. I'll bring my bag with me. ;) Sorry so long... can you ladies tell I'm a little apprehensive? LOL!!!
Last edited by PALS on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby PALS » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:47 pm

SheRah... couple more questions for you... how long did you have the balloon in before it fell out? I wonder if they'll have me stay at the doctor's office until it falls out or if they'll send me home with this lovely thing???

Thanks for the heads up about the heavy pads and the bleeding... I'd probablly freak out otherwise! :) LOL!

Also, remind me... were you having lots of contractions and stuff before you went in for your induction?

This will be an interesting drive home from the doctor's office.... LOL! My DH and I have to meet there (he's coming from work), so I have to drive myself home... with a flippin' balloon in my vagina!!! LOL! :)
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Keiraplus1please » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:23 am

Ohhhhh, pals, you're almost there! Looking forward to your birth story! Hopefully you'll go quick,but I'm sure they'll make sure you have enough time to get your antibiotic. There's still time to go before then, and I'm sure your more than ready. Won't be long now, so enjoy the last few moments of sleep without a crying infant waking you up.. Heehee. Bet all your kiddos are excited to see their new sibling too!

Pure, too cute!!! She's adorable! Isn't it amazing what they can do with medical things!? Don't be scared reading birth stories, just use it to educate yourself. In the end you'll still have your adorable bundle of joy and when you look at them, you forget any possible thing that could go wrong. And I always made myself feel better by reminding myself that the doctors won't let anything bad happen to me. They will do what is best and take great care of you and baby.

Lisa, glad your u/s went well. I'm not sure how to post pics, but I'll give it a whirl.

AFM, this little guy wants to live at my boob! He has been eating every 2-3 hours on the dot for the past 2-3 days now (basically since my milk came in). My nipples hurt soooooo bad, and that is with using the nipple cream after every feeding. Sleeping is kind of slim, but I'm hoping they spread out a bit here soon! Otherwise things are fine, and he's generally very happy.
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby PALS » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:03 pm

Keira, glad your little guy is eating like a champ! I know what you mean about nipple soreness, though. Just the other day, I was telling my husband how much I'm not looking forward to the nipple pain!!! Hopefully, you will be able to get a little sleep here and there, but it is so hard with having another little one at home, too, right? I feel like going from one to two was my hardest transition. Glad to hear that little man is a happy baby, though!

I'm sooooo crabby today. All I want to do is sleep. I wish I could sleep until Monday. Honestly, I just want to be left alone in a dark room. ;) I feel like everything my DH does annoys the snot out of me... from snoring all night to sleeping in this morning (hello, can I sleep in?????) Then, he almost had the nerve to take the last Starbucks Frappacino that I had in the fridge (I like to drink those because I know that it only has 90mg of caffeine, and is within the guidelines of acceptable levels). MEN!!!!!! He's a super sweet, hands-on dad and very caring hubby, but lately, I am so irritated with him (for really no good reason).

I think it is just "the end"... I'm ready to lose it, ladies. I am on the verge of tears at any moment. Still trying to do fun stuff with my kids (crafts this morning, library trip this afternoon, maybe a trip to the movies tomorrow)... so hard to stay fun and upbeat for them, while I'm so stinkin' tired and emotional on the inside.

Sorry for the rant and vent, ladies! You all understand much better than anyone I know!!!!

Have a good one!!!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Keiraplus1please » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Awwww pals, I feel ya Hun! I just had a crying fit with hubby from hormones and lack of sleep too. You can do this! You are so close now. Can hubby watch the kiddos for just a half and hour-hour or so or take them somewhere, so that you can just have some time in your room or home alone for a bit? It's amazing how refreshing just one hour alone can be.

Just think about that little ones face you're going to see so very soon. Next week at this time, you'll be where I'm at right now. Back at home with your little guy/gal.

Thinking of you!
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby PALS » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:56 pm

Awww, thanks, Keira!!!! I know you know how I feel! I feel ya on your end, too! DH and my mom took all the kids to the library for two hours this afternoon, so my nap and alone time was heavenly!!! I feel much better, now!!!

I also have to officially pee every 30 minutes (max), which HAS to mean the baby is getting lower (FX). I feel like I might as well camp out on the toilet! LOL!

Tomorrow, we're taking the kids to church and then out to a movie. I am excited to be able to relax and enjoy one more family activity as a family of 6... I can't believe that by this time next week, I'll have five kids!!! Oh, did I tell you DH is already talking about when we should add baby #6???? LOL!!!!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby PALS » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:57 am

Clearly, I'm going crazy! I had a major emotional breakdown last night as I was trying to get to sleep... poor DH, I was just crying about how I'll miss the other kids when I'm at the hospital, and I need to be able to ward off labor for at least another day in order to get some more time with just the four kiddos before our newbie joins us, etc., etc. I was a mess! I know my DH must be thinking that one minute, I'm crying because I just can't possibly tolerate being preggo for another minute, and the next minute, I'm crying because I want to be pregnant for longer! Luckily, he is wonderful and says all the right stuff, but he was definitely excited and was like, "oh boy... baby's coming!" For me, "tears" are a sign that something's happening... we'll see if it happens on its own or what. I guess by Tuesday, SOMETHING will be starting. LOL!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Keiraplus1please » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:13 am

How ya feeling today Hun? Clearly you are not going crazy, you are simply 40 weeks pregnant, enough said. ;).

Hope you're getting some kiddo time, but I'm sure hubby is helping too!

Thinking of you!
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby PALS » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:02 pm

I'm doing well today! I'm getting super excited, so "crazy, hormonal me" doesn't seem to be present today. :) I had lots of contractions last night between 1 and 5am, but I was hoping they'd fizzle, so I could have today with the kids. So far, so good. We're all going to a movie this afternoon, and just having a low-key night. I'm fully prepared that tomorrow could be the day, after my OB puts in that balloon. ;) If not, I'll be going in on Tuesday. Either way, I'm prepared for whatever happens (I think). ;) I'll keep you guys updated as soon as I have my appt. tomorrow!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Keiraplus1please » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Totally stalking every time I bf, which is a LOT right now! Haha

Best of luck pals! Can't wait to hear what you have!
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby SheRah327 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:41 pm

Hey PALS so sorry I missed your messages there. Hopefully you get this before your appointment. I think it took at least 4 hours or so to fall out. It did start giving me contractions within an hour or so and they were strong! I was having contractions prior to my inductions but they were irregular and I could not feel them at all. The only reason I knew I was having them was from the NST tests due to high blood pressure. I really can't believe they would send you home with the balloon in! I mean, for me it really got things going. They gave me pitocin AFTER the balloon fell out to make sure the contractions continued. They also broke my water then too.

You are going to do great. You are a fantastic mom and everyone freaks out! You are a superstar and you are going to rock this labor like nobody's business!!!! I can't wait for your birth story and update. Good luck!!! XOXOXOXO
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:12 am

Thanks for all the great info, SheRah. I'll be bringing my bags with me just in case they send me right over to the hospital. Who knows? Maybe I'll go in for my exam and my OB will find out that I'm already 3cm and not even do the balloon. I feel like the baby has dropped, and I had some good contractions last night that got me excited that maybe something was starting to happen. I guess one way or another, this baby is coming in a day or two. I soooooo cannot wait to find out what I've got cooking in here!!!!!!

How is everyone else doing??? I feel like I've been monopolizing the conversation lately! Sorry, ladies!!!! I hope you all are doing well!!!! Ugg... 3am, and I'm up.... again.... I was hoping I would have a good night's sleep because I KNOW I'll have trouble sleeping Monday into Tuesday.... they will call us anytime after midnight to go in for the induction.... so interesting. I'll have to be totally ready for anything!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Lisa614 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:05 am

Pals, sorry I wasn't on all weekend to chat with you. I can't believe your little one will be here by tomorrow at the latest! That balloon sounds kind of scary, but I think I'd like to try that before going straight to the pitocin if I get that far. I've heard about it on some of those baby shows, lol. But on those they always do it in the hospital to speed up labor. So Good Luck today at the appointment! This could be it! And as for the emotions all weekend, I can only imagine how terrible I'm going to be, especially to dh, when I hit 40 weeks! So excited for you, I can't wait to hear any news!

Pure, those pics are adorable! So glad things are going well with you. And that's awesome that dh got a new job! I know how much you were stressing about all that back while you were ttc, so it must be such a relief now.

Keira, so glad little Blake is doing well and is eating so well! I'll bet it's hard feeding him every two hours while still taking care of dd though. But sounds like you guys are doing great!

Sherah, that's awesome that you have such a great supply! I haven't bought any formula yet, but I was thinking I probably should just in case. I don't know, maybe I should wait and see how it goes. Did you use any formula in the beginning, or just bm?

AFM, we had a busy weekend getting some yard work done, and we finished painting the nursery finally. I still have to get the wall decal up, which I think we'll do next weekend. But I'll try and take some pics tonight and post them! I'm really happy with how it turned out, and I think once the furniture is in it will be even better. (now we just have to get the furniture, lol)
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
Found out I was pregnant on 12/17/11!
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby SheRah327 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:07 pm

I used formula that the hospital gave us the premixed similac advanced because I went almost a week without any milk coming in. Then it finally did! Anna started on the formula on like the third or fourth day and then once my milk started coming, I mixed the two together and once my supply picked up, probably around the middle-end of week two we were on to just breast milk and have been ever since. I guess it's good she likes both in case we are ever in a jam and she needs to take some formula i know she will drink it.
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups