The Synchronized Cycle Sisters are PREGNANT!!! Part 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby moominbaggins » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:49 pm

awwww congrats pals!!!! you did very well! cant wait for pics :D :congrats: xxxx

cute colours lisa! cant wait to see the end pics :) x
me 25
dh 34
dd 3

bfp october due july - please stick little one!
moominbaggins
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby SheRah327 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:13 pm

Lisa love the nursery so far!!! Looks great :)
Me-31, DH-29 1st Cycle TTC Aug 2011
BFP 9/1/11
Baby Anna Arrived 5/8/12!
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:16 pm

Lisa, I love the nursery! Great colors!!!

Moom... wow, you are getting close! Your due date is right around the corner!

Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful wishes! We just got back from the hospital today. I was so glad to get out of there and be back with my other kids and back in my own home. I have both my mom and MIL here (kind of feeling like there are "too many cooks in the kitchen" at times, but for the most part, I am very happy to have the help and company). Still feeling the adrenaline rush, which is getting me through the sleepless nights!

I hope everyone else is doing well!!!
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:02 am

Wow PALS! That was so quick! So glad you are home and doing well. Let your mom take care of you and your kiddos :) I remember getting home and wanting to do it all myself and getting mad at hubby for doing everything, now I wish he would! hahaha. Try to get some rest! :) xo
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby Lisa614 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:31 am

Pals, that's great that you're home already! So glad you and Ollie are doing well. Give us more details or post pics when you can. Did you end up having to have pitocin or was the balloon enough to get the labor going completely? Try to enjoy having the help, I'm sure it gets to be a little much sometimes with all those people around.

Well how are the rest of you ladies doing? I can't believe we already have 3 babies in our group! Moomin, you'll be coming up soon!

AFM - Thanks girls, I'm pretty happy with the color. We're hopefully going to do the wall decal this weekend, so I'll try and post a pic of that too. So we're starting to interview daycares, we have our first one this afternoon, and then two more scheduled for next week. I think I'll relax a bit more once this is done, one less thing to worry about.
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
Found out I was pregnant on 12/17/11!
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby moominbaggins » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:05 am

yh if i dont have bubba early iv been booked in for 2nd july :D.

glad your all doing well xxx
me 25
dh 34
dd 3

moominbaggins
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Keiraplus1please » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:12 am

Lisa, color looks great! Good luck on the daycare search. That was a hard thing for me with my first. I ended up going with a private sitter I found at the last minute.

Pals, isn't it great to be home? No poking and prodding anymore. Although meals being delivered to you is awesome, huh? Can't wait to hear your story.

How's everyone else?

AFM, Blake is doing really well. He is sleeping pretty decently. Most nights we go to bed around 10:00 and he usually wakes around 3:00ish. Then again at 5 or 6. Then we sleep a little longer until 7 or 8. It's nice to sleep in! Still eating well. At his one week check up he was up to 8 lbs. I can't wait for my breasts to figure out how much milk to make! Always seems like I have an over abundance of milk. I may cave and pump a bit today sometime. I just need to get some milk freezer bags.
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Lisa614 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:29 pm

EEEK! Girls we just had our first August mama give birth! I don't know any of the details yet, but she was having twins and was about 33 weeks. Oh my gosh this is coming up fast!

Moomin, July 2nd is only a couple weeks away, it will be here in no time!

Keira, so glad Blake is doing well and eating well. That's great that you are getting some sleep too. I know, picking a daycare is going to be hard, hopefully we just feel good about one of them.
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby Lisa614 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:16 am

Hey girls, did everyone have a good weekend? I'm sure our new mamas are all busy with their little ones. Anyone do anything exciting for father's day? We just did a BBQ with my dad and dh's parents.

The inlaws came and stayed with us Saturday night. They helped dh finish up a project, and MIL helped me get the wall decal in the nursery done. I'm really happy with how it turned out! The daycare interview friday went well, though it was our first one so I don't have much to compare it to. I felt like it would probably be fine, but I wasn't in love with it, so I'm hoping one of the next ones is a bit better. We have two more on Thursday, as well as an OB appt. And then Friday my work is throwing me a shower, which I'm really excited for! So lots happening this week!

Here's the wall decal:
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby Keiraplus1please » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:38 pm

Lisa, love the decal! It looks awesome! How did you do that? Have fun this week. Shower sounds nice!

Moomin, July 2nd is coming up quickly. All ready yet?

Sleep deprivation is starting to catch up with me. It'll get better though. Blake is still doing really well. He's a sleepy boy lately.

How's everyone?
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby SheRah327 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:32 am

Lisa I love the nursery, lookin good!

Keira - lack of sleep totally sucks :( We are pretty lucky. Anna usually only wakes up once around 5 or 6 to be fed and one day she even slept until 7am! Have you tried swaddling?

Anna is doing great except that she has me on a no dairy diet because she has a dairy protein allergy. Anything I eat ends up in my breastmilk so there you have it. I have an interview today for a part time job. I really hope that it could be the answer to my problems as far as scheduling and stuff goes. We'll see!
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby Lisa614 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:56 am

Keira, sorry to hear you're not getting enough sleep. I suppose that's part of having a newborn, but it still sucks. Glad Blake is doing well though. Do you get to nap when he naps? Or are you busy with Keira during those times? I've heard going from one to two kids can be even harder than adjusting to the first one.

Sherah, good luck at the job interview! I hope it works out for you. Are you going to put Anna in a daycare, or does the scheduling work that either you or dh are always home? Sorry to hear she has a dairy protein allergy. It would be really hard to cut out dairy, but as long as she's healthy, that's all that matters.

AFM - Little Alaina (we've pretty much decided on her name) keeps flipping directions. At our last u/s she was head down, but I think she's flipped a couple times since then and is currently back to breach. I know it's still early and she'll probably flip a dozen more times, but I kind of wish she would just go head down and stay there so I don't have to worry about it, lol.

Pals, how are you and Ollie doing? Hope you're both still well!

How about the rest of you girls? How is everybody?
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:42 pm

Hey gals!

Sorry it has been sooooo long! It is crazy around here... not because of having five kids, but because of my VISITORS! Ugg... love my mom and MIL to pieces, but it has been a little overwhelming having them stay with us. I'm ready for everyone to leave so we can get back to our own personal family time. My mom actually left on Sunday, but my MIL is still here until Friday. She's helpful, but it just isn't the same as having my own personal space. I feel like my kids (who thrive on a very regular and structured schedule) have been feeling the craziness, too, since my MIL is constantly trying to be on the go with them. They are almost over-stimulated. I think my MIL is more concerned that SHE have a fun vacation rather than actually helping out. But, I'm glad she and the other kids can have some fun activities together.

Ollie's an easy baby... sleeping, eating, and pooping around the clock! My wireless router decided to poop out, so the only place I can get on the computer is in the room where MIL is staying. Needless to say, there hasn't been much opportunity to jump on here!

Lisa... Love the nursery decal!!!! I can't believe you guys already have an August baby in your DDC! I feel like the summer does fly, so you will be meeting your little girl before you know it!

Keira... totally hear ya on the sleep deprivation! When you have others at home, there is no "nap time" during the day, either, so it just feels like we're zombies, doesn't it?? I am ready to crash by 8pm as soon as my other kids go to bed!

SheRah... so sorry about Anna's dairy protein allergy. I'm hearing more and more about dairy not being the best for our systems anyway, so with cutting out dairy, you're probably on a better diet. However, I'm sure it must be rough! I'm an ice cream junkie, so I'd be lost without my dairy fix!

Moom.... wow! July 2 is right around the corner!!! Woo hoo! Hang in there, girl!

How is everyone else doing?!?

So, regarding the rest of the labor story... I can't remember how much I told you girls, so I am sorry if I'm repeating this!!! Mommy brain!!! :)
The balloon started some crazy contractions by 6pm that night (of course, I decided it would be a great idea to go out to dinner... of course, I was kind of miserable throughout the meal!). I made my DH give the kids baths and put them to bed when we got home, and I took a shower, which made my contrax slow and space out. However, I started leaking blood out of the catheter that was attached to the balloon... lovely... imagine blood just draining down the leg... NO FUN! I had to keep wiping at the end of the catheter with a tissue. It was annoying. I went to bed at around 11pm, and at 12:30, I felt a weird pressure/gush, and I didn't know if the balloon was leaking/ready to come out, or if my water broke. I figured out it must be the water, so I went to the hospital. They took out the balloon, and I was 4cm (and water had broken). I had contractions that were tolerable (maybe 5 mins. apart), so I was going to walk around the hospital to get labor going and avoid the pitocin (they weren't going to give me pitocin without first giving me the GBS antibiotic). Well, my water was a MESS.... MASSIVE leaking.... there was no way I could walk (we tried, but I soaked a pad in about 10 seconds, and my water was pouring all over the floor... awkward!) So, I went back to bed and they decided to start the pitocin (up until then... maybe 3:30am... I was in triage)... once they decided to start the pitocin, I was moved to the L and D room. Started pitocin, and I waited maybe an hour and then asked for the epidural (I was about 6cm). Epi in (around 4:30 or 5am), and I could rest for a bit, but I was pretty much too excited to actually sleep. No one checked me again until my OB came to see me at around 8am (I was really glad that they didn't keep checking me all the time). I was 9cm at 8am, and by 8:10, I was complete. I pushed for about 8 to 10 minutes, and Ollie was born. SUPER EASY labor and delivery... seriously, the best yet! I had no tears or anything.... it was almost too good to be true.

Okay, Ollie is waking up, so I must end this quickly! Hope you all are well!!!!
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby moominbaggins » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:40 pm

hi girls.

pals sounds like you had a great birth! hope mine goes as smooth! and glad ollie is a good boy for his mumma. not long and you can have your private family time.

lisa love your girl name! and your nursery is coming along great. very pretty! good luck with your daycare search.

sherah sorry to hear about the allergy! and good luck on your job interview fx!!!

keira hope you catch up on some sleep soon! glad your getting on well with blake :D x

afm im soo tired lol. been so busy with taking dd swimming. my hosp app and dd hosp app. then trying to keep up with house work on the days im not busy. finally washed baby clothes at the weekend and half packed my bag yesterday :oops: lol.

they have me hand expressing some colostrum into 5 x 1ml oral syringes. due to me having the gest diabetes baby needs to feed straight away. so if any probs with latching i can still give her the goods and hopefully not compromise breast feeding with supplementing. i decided to use a manual breast pump to see if it would work today. wasnt holding much faith in it but i got a whole 2 ml's rather then the 0.7i was getting using me hands. so think il be packing that too lol.

am getting nervous now... not long. just over panicking about everything, especially how dd is going to be with me in hosp. whilst shes ok without me within short periods shes never been away from me for that long and shes a mummy's girl. so i know im gonna cry leaving her lol.

anyhow thats all my news. xx
me 25
dh 34
dd 3

moominbaggins
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby PALS » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:00 pm

Moom... wow! way to go on the pumping and getting some good colostrum! I know what you mean about having a hard time leaving your dd! I had a really hard time leaving my kids. I got all weepy in the days before Ollie was born because I dreaded having to leave the kids for the hospital stay. Then, while in the hospital, I missed them soooo much. However, my kids did just fine with the distraction of grandma! I'm sure your dd will miss you but I'm also sure she'll be just fine while you're gone. The time goes fast, too. Before you know it, you'll be home and holding your little one!!!!

How is everyone else? I just realized how strange it was to not have a doctor's appt. to go to... I felt like a "regular" at my OB's office! LOL! I was like, "hmmm... what am I forgetting to do this week?!?" Ha ha ha! Now, I guess we're on to the frequent pediatrician appts. every month or two. :)

My dd just started having some sniffles today.... sooooo hoping that we don't start another summer bug around here, and of course, I'm always paranoid about the baby getting sick. It never fails that some type of sickness hits the house when a new baby comes home. Oh well. Luckily, baby should have my immunities from the breastfeeding.

Hoping you all are doing well! My MIL leave tomorrow morning, so I'll have my first real "solo" day with all the kiddies. Looking forward to the weekend, when DH is off work and we FINALLY get our family time!!!! :)
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups