The Synchronized Cycle Sisters are PREGNANT!!! Part 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Lisa614 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:20 am

Pals, sounds like the birth went really well, only 10 minutes of pushing! So glad everyone is doing well with you. Glad to hear MIL is leaving soon and you get some time for just your family. I love my inlaws, but I always feel at least somewhat relieved when they leave. It's just easier to relax when it's just your family at home. Have a good weekend with your kids!

Moom, that's awesome that you're getting some colostrum ready for your little girl, it's great to be prepared like that. It's getting so close now! Hopefully your hospital stay won't be too long so you're not away from dd for long. That's got to be really hard.

AFM, doctor's appointment yesterday went well, measuring right on and the LO is head down again. I don't know that she'll stay that way, it still several weeks away, but I hope so. We also visited two more daycares yesterday, they both seemed pretty good, and dh and I have agreed on our favorite so far. There are two more in the area so now we're trying to decide if we should also visit those ones, or just go with the one we like at this point. There's still time so we'll see, but it feels really good to have options we're comfortable with at this point. Oh, and my work shower is today! Really excited for that, we're doing it over lunch break. Well have a good weekend ladies!
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
Found out I was pregnant on 12/17/11!
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby SheRah327 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:39 am

Lisa - that's great that the baby is head down again, I hope she stays that way!

Moomin - wow, I didn't know you could pump before having a baby! I can't wait for your little one to arrive :)

PALS - That's an amazing birth story! I'm so jealous! haha It's great that things will be getting back to normal with your MIL leaving :) I hope your daughter isn't sick, but hopefully the baby won't catch anything. Other than that, how are you feeling?

My interview went really well, we'll see if they like me or not. I just turned in an editing test that they wanted me to take at home so hopefully I did ok on it. I don't know what the pay is for the job so if I am offered it, I hope it pays well! The only draw back is they want someone to start really soon, so i would be cutting my leave short by two weeks or so. They said I would still be able to take my trip back home to show the baby to my grandparents and family though and that something like that wouldn't keep me from getting the job. They said they just had another girl start who got married and is on a two week honeymoon and said that they are really family friendly. We'll see! Anna is doing pretty good, but there is still blood in her poop. I just called the pediatrician to see what to do. I'm off of dairy for over a week now and her poops are looking better more yellowy except that the blood is still hanging around and that worries me. So we'll see what the doc says when she calls me back.
Me-31, DH-29 1st Cycle TTC Aug 2011
BFP 9/1/11
Baby Anna Arrived 5/8/12!
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby moominbaggins » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:09 pm

prob nothing but 11 contractions in hours and stabbing up my vaja. baby moving tons feels like shes pushing down on my cervix xx
me 25
dh 34
dd 3

bfp october due july - please stick little one!
moominbaggins
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby PALS » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:06 am

Moom... hopefully, things are starting for you!!!

SheRah... glad the interview went well! Keep us updated! Glad to hear they are a family-friendly company! I'm sure it is nerve-wracking about the blood in the poop. What did your pediatrician say? I hope you are able to find that perfect diet that keeps everything regular for little Anna... that must be tough trying to find out exactly what keeps her happy (and having to cut out foods that don't agree with her). It is amazing how much our diet can affect the little ones, isn't it?!

Lisa... how was the work shower? How fun!!! Glad you found some good daycare options. I'm sure that takes a load off, right?!

Pure, Anxious, and Keira... how are you ladies holding up?!

I was thinking of trying to get a Facebook page started for our group. I just like the privacy of it (I'm way more apt to post pics and stuff if I don't feel like a zillion people can lurk). I will see if I can figure out how to put up our own group page if you are interested.

Have a great weekend!
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:26 pm

ugh, they have me trying out the alimentum formula just to get her regular again, and then hopefully phasing back in my breast milk. I'm pumping and saving it for now. The pediatrician said to keep up my pumping schedule in the hopes that she'll be able to tolerate my milk. I haven't had any dairy, I don't know what it could be about my milk that is making her have blood in her poop. First diaper change that was definitely from the formula (so sticky!) I didn't see any blood...so it looks like it's something with me...I don't know, it's so discouraging. I hate that everything I try to do for her just doesn't work out. I wanted a natural birth and I not only got induced I had a c-section, she hates breast feeding and now even my pumped milk is defective in some way...ugh. I know the important thing is that she's happy and healthy but it just makes me feel like she doesn't even need me now! I know that's not true but its how I feel a little.
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby SheRah327 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:27 pm

yes a secret facebook page would be awesome PALS!
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby moominbaggins » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:55 am

after 18 hours of contractions nothing.... its all stopped lol even the bh have gone. just as well im quite happy for her to stay in a little longer.

pals fb sounds cool :D x

xx
me 25
dh 34
dd 3

bfp october due july - please stick little one!
moominbaggins
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Keiraplus1please » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:21 am

Pals, hope you are having a nice weekend as a family. The private Facebook page sounds nice. I'm for it. Sounds like Ollie has been a joy! Hope it keeps up for ya! How's the sleep? Blake gave me a 4 1/2 hour stretch last night which was nice.

Moomin, sounds like your body is gearing up. Try to get some rest when you can. Before you know it you'll have your little one in your arms!

Sherah, so sorry to hear your having some trouble with the feeding. It's definitely hard when you feel like your doing the best you can and it doesn't work out like you planned. I'm sure you are bonding with Anna in so many other ways, and as long as she is happy and healthy things will be just fine. And believe me! She totally needs her Mommy! She'll always need your snuggles! Hopefully this is just a small hiccup and she will e back to your BM in no time!

Lisa, how'd the baby shower go? Sounds like it was fun! So glad you found a daycare your happy with. I'm sure that takes a load off you mind. Stay head down baby!

AFM, things still going well. I don't know if you guys remember but Blake was carrying too much urine in his kidneys during my prenatal u/s, and they did a follow up u/s last week. Turns out he still has too much urine in there now. We need to keep an eye on it for now. They're going to do another u/s in a month or so, and if the problem still exists, we'll be referred to a urologist. Kinda scary, but I'm sure he'll be fine. Gotta go, feeding time.
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby PALS » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:34 pm

Keira, I'm sure your little guy will be just fine, but I know how scary it must be to play the waiting game... hopefully, this is just a small glitch that will work itself out. Sounds like your little man is giving you some nice sleep stretches! Ollie is waking about every 2 to 3 hours at night (not too bad). Of course, he took a great afternoon snooze with my DH, so I'm not sure how tonight will go. :)

SheRah... aw, honey, I feel your pain. With my first, I had longed for a non-medicated childbirth (didn't happen), and then, I had a HECK of a time nursing. My DD wouldn't latch, and then, the nurses introduced a pacifier and told me that she liked the pacifier more than she liked my boobs... I cried a river over that for the same reason you're feeling down... I totally felt like I was useless to my little girl. :( I tried everything to get her to take my milk (this whole supplemental system where I taped a straw to my boobs and had her taking formula through the straw as she tried to latch, so she would be tricked into thinking the formula was coming from me... what a pain!!) I ended up finding out that the reason she wasn't nursing was due to the fact that I had "retained placenta", meaning, the doctor didn't quite remove all of my placenta, so my body was tricked into thinking it was still pregnant, thus, my milk didn't actually come in! CRAZY!!!! Of course, this was caught too late (7 weeks post-partum), so by then, I couldn't get any milk to come in. Anyway, long-story-short is sometimes, things just happen that are beyond your control, and it doesn't have anything to do with the bond between you and your dd. She needs you for EVERYTHING right now!!! I think before we have kids, we imagine the perfect scenario... we'll have the perfect birth story, the newborn stage will be a breeze, we'll be perfect parents, they'll be perfect little angels all the time, we can control every situation, etc. Of course, having kids is the ultimate lesson in flexibility. They have a mind of their own the minute they come out of our uterus... :( Sometimes, I wish that cord was attached forever!!! LOL!!!

Anyone else cry when the cord shriveled and came out of that belly? :( Ollie lost his this weekend, and I was so sad... like that last little connecter between us and reminder of how he was inside me was gone. LOL... even though, he still needs me for EVERYTHING!!! Funny how our hormones work, right?!

Moom, get that baby out, girl!!!! I hope you are still staying comfortable... bummer that those contrax. didn't amount to a baby coming out yet, but I'm sure they are getting you one step closer. Your body is doing its job.. woo hoo!!! :)

Okay, gals, I'll try to get that FB page up and running ASAP!!!! :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

My birthday is tomorrow, and my girls are scurrying around plotting things for me. So funny! Total cuteness... they really get into birthdays! :)
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:57 am

Yes, I know she still needs me logically but that crazy part of me just feels a little useless. Anna was so fussy all weekend on that formula and only pooped once. I didn't see blood but I can't be sure since it was a brown sticky mess in there. I'm waiting for her to go again but the poor little baby seems backed up a bit. She's never cried so much! I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor this morning on what she suggests I do. I've been pumping all weekend and have my milk in the fridge ready to go if I can feed it to her again and have remained dairy free. We'll see.

Wow PALS, Ollie is keeping you busy! I hope you got some sleep last night! He sounds like a little cutie though! I wasn't sad about the stump because I was looking forward to giving her her first bath, maybe try to think of that? I know what you mean though, I never thought of the cord that way but it did make me think she seemed more "grown up" when it came off haha.

Keira - I hope everything is ok with Blake's kidneys! I'll be thinking of you guys! Hopefully it will sort itself out soon!! xo

Moomin - I hope those contractions are busy getting that baby out of you!!!

Oh also, I have a scratchy throat and a headache...ugh! I hope I'm not getting really sick here! Maybe it's just a seasonal thing or from the AC that we have been running because it has been so hot!
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby Lisa614 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:22 am

Moomin, that's too bad the contraction didn't go anywhere, but you're getting close now! Either way, you only have another week to go, how exciting!

Sherah, oh hun, I'm sorry you're having a rough go of it with the feeding. I really hope they figure out what's going on soon and she can start back on your milk. And of course she needs you! She'll always need her mommy. I'm sure you know that too, but the hormones go crazy and our emotions get the better of us. I've heard the postpartum emotions can be really bad around 6 weeks, which I'm sure doesn't actually make you feel better. But just know that you'll get past these road bumps and things will get better soon. And in the mean time come vent whenever you need!

Pals, glad Ollie is doing well still, I hope you get a bit more sleep soon. I know every couple hours is normal in the beginning though. I'd never really thought of how I would feel when the cord falls off before, but I can imagine what that's like, like your little boy is starting to grow up a litttle already. And I think an FB group would be awesome too!

Keira, I hope everything with Blake's kidneys is all right. That must be a bit nerve racking not knowing exactly and having to just wait and see. I'm sure he'll be fine though. Keep us posted for sure.

AFM, the shower went great on Friday! We got a lot of cute outfits and little things, and then a whole group of co-workers went in together and got the swing we wanted! I'm so excited, we didn't have time to set it up this weekend, but maybe tonight. Although getting all this baby stuff just makes me want to get more, lol. My other shower is in 3 weeks, so I'm going to try and hold off buying too much until that one's over to see what we still need. It's definitely getting closer girls!
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby SheRah327 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:32 am

Lisa how awesome that you got all of that great stuff! Totally wait for your other shower and then have fun buying stuff with the gift cards, I'm sure you'll get some of those :)

I went back to the pediatrician with Anna today, she still didn't poop so now once she does poop I need to bring the diaper in. They are also recommending a GI check her out too and see what they suggest. They don't know why she's being so fussy now on this formula. She was more chill on the bm, except that gave her blood in her poop. It's a vicious cycle! Anyway, two more days on formula they say and then we will see. I'm still pumping...hopefully I will still get to give her my milk sometime.
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby pureascrystal » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:21 pm

Hey ladies. Sorry I've been slacking lately but I finally caught up.

Sherah: I hope the pooping situation gets better soon. That's gotta be really stressful!

PALS: glad that LO is doing good. & Happy Birthday!!

Lisa: it's hard waiting until your shower to get stuff. My 1st one is July 28th so I am trying to wait. I will have 3 total after its all said & done

Moom: hope that baby comes soon!!

Kiera: hope that Blake is ok with his kidneys and it gets straightened out.

AFM: I got really sick last week with a virus & was running fever & had chills & body aches really bad. They almost sent me to the hospital but I ended up controlling it with Tylenol & rest. Thank goodness I'm finally back to normal!! I have my GD test Wednesday so FX that I pass it. I am Having another u/s too so I'm happy to get to see her again. Ive been super busy getting stuff for the nursery completed and I'm still not done but I'm trying to cram everything into the summer before I have to go back to work in August so its a big race against time for me. Other than that, I'm doing good & have no big complaints. :)
Me(Crystal), 32 DH, 30
Chemical 10/10/11
DD: born 9/28/12
BFP: 6/11/15
EDD: 2/16/16
pureascrystal
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Lisa614 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:55 am

Hey ladies! The rest of you should come join us on the facebook page, so we can all post together!

Pure, it's good to hear from you, glad you and the LO are doing well still. I know it's so hard to wait to buy things, only another month before your shower though! Glad that you're feeling better, I couldn't imagine being sick now with how uncomfortable I am on a regular basis. I hope you get everything finished before you're back at work. How long will you be at work before your little girl is due?

Moomin, any more news? Or still waiting on next week for the induction? Hoping your little one comes soon!

Anxious, Amber, how are you girls doing?

AFM, not much new. This is our last free weekend for a while. I think we have at least something planned for every weekend in July, but I'm hoping it makes the time go faster. Lately I've been getting a bit more nausea and more light-headed than I have been. All my tests have come back fine, glucose and anemia and blood pressure, so I'm not sure what's causing it. My next appointment is next week, so I'll see what my dr says then.
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby ambernicole8484 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:08 am

I'm here and stalking. I love checking in on you girls but I just feel like a crasher if I try to be a part of the group. I'd love to join on FB if you girls don't mind though so I can see all the babies too!
Me 33
DH 33
DD 13
DS 2

ambernicole8484
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups