The Synchronized Cycle Sisters are PREGNANT!!! Part 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Lisa614 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:54 am

Oh my goodness Sherah! I hope everything is alright, I can't believe they may induce you! That's good that the baby is measuring a good size though. I hope your protein levels are normal and you can keep the LO in another week at least. That sucks that you're off of work though, I always hate when my plans get changed for me, but keeping you and baby healthy is the most important things. Be sure to update us when you can.

Keira, I think that's right for the count or girls and boys. I hope your contractions don't get any worse, and that your little boy stays in for a few more weeks. It's so exciting that you and Pals are getting your hospital bags together, it's so soon!

Pals, glad you got the nursery all finished up pretty much. You girls are all getting so close now! And yes, it's so nice to not think about pads for these 9 months, I'm not excited to have to start that up again, lol.
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
Found out I was pregnant on 12/17/11!
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:56 am

SheRah!!!! HOLY COW!!!! I was thinking about you all day yesterday, but I had such a busy, crazy day that I couldn't check in online. Looks like I'm going to be watching the forum like a hawk as it could be ANY DAY for you, now!!! Good thing your DH got back into town in time. Take care of yourself and rest and get excited because it looks like you'll go SOON!!!!! How exciting! Please keep us posted!
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby PALS » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:33 am

Lisa... I think we were posting at the same time. ;) How you feeling, momma?!

SheRah... just had to write a little more since I have the time.... looks like a lot of the mommas in the May group are getting really itchy to have their babies early!! :) I'm not one to agree on elective induction (even at 37 weeks). However, in your case, don't feel bad or worried if you end up having to have baby a little early, as it may be MEDICALLY necessary (totally different from ELECTIVE). I'm praying that your little one keeps cooking until 38, 39, or even 40 weeks, but if you have to go early due to medical reasons, don't feel bad, honey. It's just so crazy that there are mommas complaining about how much they want to be induced at 37 weeks, when you are praying and hoping that you can keep your little one baking a little longer. It must be maddening! Sure, we all are in agony at the end, but in reality, we all are praying our little ones don't come until they are good and ready... for some, their baby naturally is good and ready at 37 weeks... however, for the mommas that just want to be induced because they are uncomfortable???? I don't get it! Anyway, as long as everyone is healthy (momma and baby) in the end, that's all that really matters. I'm sure your doctors are taking great care of you, so trust in them. I'm praying for ya!!!
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:43 am

Thanks Lisa, I will post whenever I can when I get an update!! I go back to the doctor at 3:30 today, so hopefully I will know more then.

PALS - I am, that board makes me so mad! lol, I feel like it's so selfish to want the babies to come early just because you are uncomfortable. I have to admit, I've felt better and I have pain in my ribs, heartburn, constipation, swollen everything, but I know it's pain with a purpose :) I hope I can keep the baby in, I was so shocked and almost cried when they said I may need to be induced. That was not part of my plan, and I know I need to be flexible, but I know it will likely change everything. It will be really really hard to have a natural birth when being pumped full of pitocin. Hopefully I can continue on normally and I go into labor on my own :) We'll see

How are you all feeling/doing????
Me-31, DH-29 1st Cycle TTC Aug 2011
BFP 9/1/11
Baby Anna Arrived 5/8/12!
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:31 pm

SheRah... I TOTALLY agree with you!!! I just don't get some people... um, hello... no one said pregnancy would be easy!!! AND, we're ALL uncomfortable... that doesn't mean we're nagging our doctors to induce!!! My SIL on my DH's side has three kids, and with all three, she felt ENTITLED to have early babies, so she insisted to her doctor that she couldn't possibly carry to term because she was way too uncomfortable (again, it just bothers me because does she really think she's "special" or that her discomfort is any more so than the rest of us???) Her doctor finally agreed to induce WAAAAYYYY too early, and low and behold, her kids had to spend more time in the hospital due to jaundice and some other complications, and even now that they are grade schoolers, they are ALWAYS sick... probably no real link to it, but one can't help to wonder if she really NEEDED to induce so early. If it were me, I'd be like, "geesh, I wish I stuck out the discomfort a little longer." As I've said before, I'm fine with babies coming early if that can't be helped (one cousin had her water break at 36 weeks... she obviously couldn't help that)... also, I had another cousin have a baby at 37 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia... again, can't really be helped (her baby was totally fine, btw)... but, these people that complain and complain and complain about their discomfort and how they can't possibly go another day being pregnant just have me baffled... as if no one else is going through the same thing... hello... I've been pregnant for about 8 YEARS, but you don't see me running to my doctor begging for an early induction. When push comes to shove, I want to make sure my baby is totally ready... if I need medical intervention to have the baby early, I would do that, but I would never WANT that to happen! I just think it is so insensitive for people to be begging for inductions when there are people like you who are scared out of their mind and hoping and praying to keep baby cooking longer.... ugg... sorry for my rant, but I guess I just need to stay away from the May boards for awhile.

Trust me when I say that as much as we all want this to be over with and meet our babies and such, there will be a hormonal component that will kick in that will actually make you miss the pregnancy. This is the only time ever that you'll feel that little one kicking around inside you, and you can never get it back. I think people really need to try to embrace and enjoy it more instead of wishing it away... ugg... our society is always in a big hurry! :) Okay... time to end my rant!!! Glad to know that we both feel the same way!!! :) Good luck at your appt.! I'll be thinking of ya!!! :)
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:50 pm

PALS I agree with all of that! So, I had hospital trip #2 for high bp today. The top number was basically normal, but the lower was still 90 and they didn't feel good about it. The doc said he was sending me back to the hospital and to be ready to possibly have the baby. They almost induced me but fortunately, the BP went down, and my 24 hour urine test showed no protein yay! I was having contractions every 4-5 minutes, but couldn't really feel them. I'm only 50% effaced and 1cm, so I could use some more cooking time for the baby. They hope I can make it to 38 weeks (I'm 37+1) but it would be fine to deliver now too, just not ideal. They were going to keep me overnight, but once it stabilized lower, they said I could go home, rest and sleep, and then go to the office tomorrow afternoon for another urine and bp check.

I'm getting to know all of the doctors in the group well. I've now seen all 4 in the past 48 hours haha. I also am becoming a favorite of the nurses lol. BTW Those IV's hurt!!!! YOWZA I thought it would feel better coming out...nope! Now I'm resting and letting my poor hand recover. I hope tomorrow it's just normal.

Poor DH, all of these false alarms haha, he's never going to want to do this again. But he's been great and just wants whatever is best for the baby. He rushed to the hospital from work, and my sis happened to be right down the street when I got sent in, so she stayed for a while too which was nice :)
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:22 pm

Wow! What a whirlwind for you, SheRah!!! So glad the bp went down and you get to be home another day. Like you said, it would be nice for baby to cook a little longer, but I'm sure all will be well if he or she comes early... sounds like you already have a good-sized baby in there! :) Thanks for keeping us updated! Let us know how tomorrow goes! I'm assuming you are all packed and ready to go no matter what, right?! :) Hang in there, girl! I'll be thinking about you!!!

Keira... did you have an appt. today? How'd it go?

How is everyone else doing?!

AFM... I'm feeling good... kindof in a "calm before the storm" sort of way. I feel pretty content actually... I'm not terribly uncomfortable, and I feel like all baby stuff is bought, so I don't have the anxiety that I was having a few weeks ago (not really in big-time nesting mode... felt like I had more of that a few weeks ago). I'm sure it will all kick in again, but for now, I'm just enjoying "being" and trying to embrace these last few weeks and appreciate them!

Have a good one, ladies! :)
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:28 am

woke up with heartburn so I thought I would check in...

PALS - that's such a great attitude to have! It's good to just enjoy it and relax, I'm sure that's good for the baby too! I'm glad you have everything ready!

I have an appointment sometime this afternoon. I have to call in a couple hours and find out when they want me to come in. I'm all packed, but the apartment is a mess. Hubby's stuff is everywhere and he is not helping me clean. He promised to get up this morning and get it all done, so we'll see. He just doesn't understand how the thought of bringing back baby to a messy place makes me insane.

I'm not supposed to be doing anything and hubby even said, lay in bed all day before the appointment, well then dear, freaking help me! wtf! So we'll see, hopefully he gets this done. If not, I told him I'm hiring someone I really don't care what he has to say about it.

How's everyone else doing?
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby moominbaggins » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:29 am

hi girls, omg sherah how traumatic for you. im not surprised you have high blood pressure, its not exactly relaxing finding out you may be induced early! glad the protein is good and the numbers are coming down...

pals feel better? lol.

i must admit im one of them ladies that says cant i have her now, but in my defence i only say it close friends and family and i dont really mean it, just expressing how fed up i am lol. id love more then anything to be able to have a full term baby and have a natural birth without iv's, oxitocin ect. but i will be induced at 38 weeks+ :(. in fact id LOVE a water birth but its not to be.

got my physio letter through so should have a belt to help the spd and help me be more mobile.

glad all you girls are doing ok, sherah will be looking out on baby news, cross your legs ;) xx
me 25
dh 34
dd 3

bfp october due july - please stick little one!
moominbaggins
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Keiraplus1please » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:33 am

Wow, Sherah, sounds like you're having a whirlwind of a time right now! I totally agree with you and PALS on the induction thing. Our bodies know what is best for the baby. Medical intervention is for emergencies only! And we wonder why our insurance expenses are skyrocketing! It's from people like that! Just like you said PALS, they ask for an induction and then these babies need to stay in the hospital longer, which just costs more money for insurance companies! Ridiculous! I hope your BP stays stabilized for ya, but I'm sure they'll do what's best. Hire someone girl! My hubby is the same way. He'll say he's going to help or do things, but his timeline is NOT the same as my timeline for sure!

PALS - yeah, I had an appointment yesterday. Everything is fine, nothing out of the ordinary. He did go from transverse to head down though! Phew! I hope he stays that way! I'm sure he could still turn though. Another appointment in two weeks and then I'll be about 36 weeks. I have been scheduling my appointments out in advance so I don't have to take off work during the day and I asked if the next one after that should be one week out or could I do two weeks out? He said I could do two weeks! Yay! My appointments aren't too close to home, so that was kind of nice. I'm sure I'll go to one week appointments after that.

Still dealing with the usual stuff, but nothing I can't handle. I just take it easy when I can. 4 more weeks of work after this week! Can't wait!
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby PALS » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:19 am

Morning, ladies! How's everyone?

Moom... I totally hear ya on the wishing to go a little early. There are many times I've told family and friends that I'd love to naturally go at 38 or 39 weeks, but in honesty, I just want baby to come when he/she is ready, and I know I can rough it out. I know that if my doctor offered me an induction, I'd turn it down.

SheRah... I know exactly how you feel... my house has to be neat or I freak (this only happens when I'm close to delivery... I'm not generally a neat freak... I try, but with all the kids, there is just no way to keep up... we're pretty clean, but there's always a load of laundry to do/dishes/etc. I think I could clean all day and still not have it "perfect". But, the thought of bringing home a new baby to a mess makes me insane, too. I just had a cleaning lady the other day, and I was on cloud 9! It made me sooooo happy. I think I'll have her come again about a week or two before my due date. Keep us posted on your appt! I hope those numbers stay good!

Keira... glad to hear baby boy is head down! Woo hoo!!! Getting closer!!!

AFM: Thinking today is going to be a "sick day" from work.. I feel bad because I only work part time (2 evenings a week), but I woke up with cramping... contrax, and a tiny bit of blood on the toilet paper this morning (had this a little yesterday too, and I called my OB... after discussing it with the nurse, I'm feeling pretty confident that it's all due to my lovely irritated hemhorroid... basically, just skin irritation... sorry... totally tmi). Long story short... I'm just feeling bleh and indulging in a day of doing nothing to try and make sure I don't stir up trouble. ;) Ahhh, the joys of late pregnancy! :) Luckily, baby is moving around like normal, so I'm really not concerned, and I'm pretty confident that I'll know when I'm having the "real deal" contractions.

Well, I'll be stalking for updates from you, SheRah! I feel like we're really on baby watch, now!!!

Take care everyone!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Lisa614 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:49 am

Sherah, glad to here you don't have to be induced just yet and that your protein levels are all good. It must be a bit nerve racking to think they could induce you any day now though! I feel you on the dh not helping with the cleaning. I'm not totally into nesting yet, but I want things cleaner than pre-pregnancy and dh just does not get it. I have to be very specific about what I need him to do, and not do (as far as clutter). It gets very frustrating sometimes. Well, I'll be stalking you for updates, I can't believe our group is going to have it's first baby soon!

Pals, I feel you on the wanting to go natural thing. I totally understand a dr recommending induction for health reason and if my did then I would go that route, but I'd much rather go natural. I think opting for an early induction just because you want one is a bit selfish and seems just absurd to me. Oh well, there will always be people with different opinions, I'll just try to ignore ones like that that I don't agree with. I hope you feel better soon, I have those blah days too, but they're not so bad yet, so I'm trying not to miss too much work now, so I can miss some closer to the end. Hopefully you can relax and enjoy your "sick day" at least a little.

Keira, glad your appointment went well and all is normal. Only 4 more weeks of work! I can't wait to get to that point. Glad your dr's letting you schedule your appointments early and two weeks apart, I can't believe your almost at the one week appointments already. It's coming so fast!

Moomin, that sucks that you have to be induced, but at least you knew early and can prepare for that. Whatever is best for the baby, you know? I hope your belt helps you feel better and lets you move more, that should be nice.

I had the cutest baby dream last night. I dreamt that I had my little girl, I think it just glossed over the labor part cause I don't remember that, and she was so adorable. She came early, at 37 weeks, and we were a bit worried, but then she was perfectly healthy. She had really dark hair and big eyes and was just too precious! I just can't wait to meet my little lady now!
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
Found out I was pregnant on 12/17/11!
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby pureascrystal » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:16 pm

Hey Ladies,

I've been busy so I'm just lurking when I can to see if anyone has had a baby yet.

Hope you all are well.
Me(Crystal), 32 DH, 30
Chemical 10/10/11
DD: born 9/28/12
BFP: 6/11/15
EDD: 2/16/16
pureascrystal
Star Member
Star Member

Postby SheRah327 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:38 pm

Lisa - That's totally how I feel about cleaning too! Also I love your baby dream haha if only it were really like that, no labor, just a baby appears and it's all happy :)

Moomin - sorry you will have to be induced but it's kind of neat that you will know the day!!!

Keira - hooray for 1 week appointments :) You are getting so much closer now!!!!

PALS - I may sneak a cleaning lady over here tomorrow hahaha, DH is in the bedroom cleaning up his clothes RIGHT NOW...we'll see how much he gets done hahaha. Glad you have everything ready to go :) OMG SO sorry you are feeling sick but really glad you took a day for yourself!! You clearly needed it and your body was letting you know that.

AFM - My doctor sent me back to the hospital. BP reached 156/102 and she didn't like it. So we got sent but then we got sent back home after the other doctor from the group determined that because it went back down, I was ok to rest now for the weekend and will be getting an NST on Monday to see how baby and I are doing then. It's just crazy. The doctor at the office said "today's the day" and then at the hospital it was "nope!" I'm glad I have more time to prepare and baby can mature a bit more. They said they would likely deliver me at 39 weeks if I don't go into labor on my own. So we'll see. As long as I don't have headaches, aches in my upper right side, or start seeing more spots, I'm all good for now. UGH I'm exhausted mentally and emotionally!
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:18 pm

SheRah... I'd be going crazy!!! Talk about yo-yo'ing emotions! Ugg... .one minute, you are thinking you'll be having the baby, and the next, you are on your way home! At least you'll be well-known at the hospital once it's really time. Good news that you get those last few days to put on the finishing preparation touches and get to let baby cook a little longer. My suggestion would be to rest and relax and maybe try to sneak in a movie date or dinner date with your DH (just from experience, now that we have kids, DH and I BARELY find time to go out to dinner or see a movie). I'm sure you'll be looking for some distractions! :) Are you having to be on bed rest, or can you still get around a bit? I hope you have a restful weekend. I'm sure it is strange to be suddenly finished with work! Wow, if they are looking at delivering you by 39 weeks, that means that at the most, you have about a week and a 1/2, right?!? Holy cow!!! :) So exciting!!!

Lisa... I LOVE your baby dream... I'm sure it just makes you want to meet your little girl even more!!! :)

Pure... glad you are staying busy! I'm sure it will make your pregnancy fly!

Keira... So, are you going at 36 weeks, 38 weeks and then weekly from there? Sounds like you bought yourself an extra two week visit (instead of starting weeklies at 36 weeks) so you don't have to run the distance to the practice... is that right? Sometimes, these two and one week visits are hard to fit it! I go next week, and then at 36 weeks, I start my weeklies (and the lovely internal exams).

Moom... I agree with SheRah... kind of neat that you know the date and what to expect... I'm sure that makes it easier for planning. That's one of the things that drives me crazy about the waiting process and not knowing when labor will start... I can't plan ANYTHING! Uggg!

Well, I decided to take the night and start packing my bag (more like getting everything localized to one place so it isn't scattered around my house and I can then take inventory of what I still need) and doing the baby's laundry so I can organize the nursery. My DH is painting our girls' room, so the girls are sleeping on the futon in the nursery. Once they are back in their room (tomorrow), I can really start organizing that nursery. It will feel good to have that project finished.

One of my DH's co-workers bought a gift for the baby... it is a cute teddy bear and blanket. The funny thing is that it is meant for a boy, so she was like, "I'm just guessing you're having a boy". LOL! Of course, it will work for a girl, too. I mean, girls can enjoy blue teddy bears. It was just funny that she would opt for a gender specific gift when we don't know the gender! :)

Well, have a good night, ladies! :)
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups